Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 LostChild

looking through the flavours on healthcabin

bacon flavour

That is so wrong! Who even thinks of that? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hehe, i know
    i stared at it for a long while before I decided to try it out

I cant even imagine how that would taste vaping

but scott (igetcha69) did mention in one of his videos that he got a .. chicken or steak flavoured juice before. so I guess stranger things have happened

--edit

actually anyone order from healthcabin before? did you get stung for customs? was there any sort of excise duty cos it's a "tobacco product"?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Reckon you'll be fine. I ordered a load of stuff the other day and got an email the following day saying it had been dispatched. Great bargains to be had. From what I've heard it takes about a fortnight. Bacon flavour seems fine to me...wonder if jews and muslims are allowed to vape it. I'd love to find a mushroom flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Nice Sir Digby! Let us know how you get on with the Peanut Butter.

On another note, got 6 people from work on the ecigs with another 4 kits on the way for others. 2 I think faltered, not sure, think they're hiding it.:p

well even fi I do get stung for customs it's still a huge bargain for all that so im nbot too worried. mainly concernedf about how long it will take customs to send my stuff after I pay (if I have to)

mike.. from what I saw online it tastes kinda like roasted peanuts, rather thasn peanut butter.. not mad about peanuts unless they're butterfied but I just have to taste this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

actually anyone order from healthcabin before? did you get stung for customs? was there any sort of excise duty cos it's a "tobacco product"?
    I looked up the customs charges on ecig stuff before and afaik their classed as health products and the exise isnt as high as other stuff and no VAT.
    I'm too broke after the cat on the car died on me to order anything atm, poor poor pityfull me as the song goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

LostChild wrote: »
    That is so wrong! Who even thinks of that? :D

gota be better then crab juice or the rare found methol crab juice :eek:

LostChild wrote: »
    Haha, I read a review of that tiromasu and it said that it was amazing. I like my tobacco juices and I think the bright tobacco is the nicest I've tried. Highly recommend it. Also, I find my atty's are lasting longer on the ego-t with this juice compared to other juices. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

just tried the tirimasu for the first time now

it's ****ing delicious
    real strong flavour, ok throat hit but it's the flavour that sells it

Hi I tried reading all the posts on this its so confusing can anyone please tell me just tell me lol what cigarette to buy? I nearly bought the DSE 905 several times but im so confused as to what I need to buy? supposing like i want a 2 months supply do i need atomizers and other stuff? and can i refill cartridges for this model? and what is the in your opinion the best 2 flavors of liquid? is any kind of e-cig liquid ok? and how long would say 10 refillable cartridges last before needing replaced? i dont want to buy too little or something unnecessary. are all eliquids the one strength is it only cartridges you can specify which strength you want? I think i would like a bottle of nicotine free stuff and a bottle of nicotine low dosage. So confusing wish there was less choice lol Thanks! I found the first post so helpful and then I started reading on..and on...and on...and now I am so confused its like buying a laptop too many specifications! Im confused as to why things need repaired and why there are so many replacement parts and how often each thing needs replaced.
    Ciara

copying this from a mail I sent to a friend who was looking for a starter ecig too
    it's a dual coil cartomiser set. it's not the best of the best but in terms of price, flavour, vapour and everything else it's a great starter and after a year it's pretty much what Ive settled on. i try new stuff from time to time, but every time I return to the dual coil cartomizers because they just offer a good all-round experience

http://www.thebestshop.eu/batteries/joye-ego-t-battery-all-types-/prod_192.html batteries get the 1000mha or 900mha ones, the 650 ones will need recharging after **** all time. they are quite big though, so if you're looiking for a cigarette shaped/sized device.. just ignore everything else in this post

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/dual-coil-lr-xl-cartomizer/prod_196.html
    the atomisers. probably as well buying 3-4 of these. they're disposable products. generally they'll last a week at least but sometimes you get a dud that turns to **** after 3-4 days.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/drip-tips/joye-306-transparent-driptip/prod_160.html youll want one of these, just so you dont have to wrap your mouth around the atomiser. no harm in having 2 just in case you lose one.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/accessories/mains-to-usb-adaptor/prod_60.html pretty straightforward. the charger has a usb cable so you can charge it from a computer/laptop, but it's handy to have a mains adapter too so you can just plug it anywhere.

thebestshop is out of stock of the actual chargers, and so is the other site I'd usually use but

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/fast-usb-charger-for-joye-ego/prod_256.html

charger here

that's all the kit itself for the actual e-cig

the atomisers themselves (the second link)m are treated as disposable products as I mentioned above. consistency isn't really there in terms of how long they last. Generally you'll be ok and they'll last a week or more (i tend to bin mine after a week, but I chain vape all day long.. friends who only vape after work in the evenings have gotten much longer out of them). but at 2 euro each.. 2 euro a week is nothing as far as I'm concerned. it's a good idea to have 3 or 4 of them around, just in case you get a real bad run of luck and have a series of duds that turn to **** after a couple of days

the link above or http://www.irishvapers.ie/cartomizers/99-dual-core-cartomizers.html this link here are good places to get the dual coils. irishvapers doesn't charge shipping so is probably a better bet if you're only ordering the atomisers themselves.

you buy the juice in bottles (10ml,20ml,30ml,50ml) and then fill the cartomizers from the bottle. it's incredibly simple, like.. really. you just pour it in, wait for it to soak a little bit, then pour in more. you stop when the juice you pour in the top just drops out the bottom, that's when you know the filler inside the cartomizer has soaked up as much as it can.

as for how long the juice will last you, it all depends on how much you actually vape. friend of mine who got a 50ml bottle still has it after a month and a half - 2 months. I go through 50ml in 3-4 weeks usually, depending on.. well.. a lot of stuff really. the liquids are all in different strengths, you can usually pick on the websites 0mg,11mg,18mg,24mg. 11 is low, 18 is medium and 0 is obviously 0.

the repairable atomisers you're talking about are kinda high-end. not at all for beginners, if you're still vaping in a years time maybve you can look into them :)

--edit

on a side note, my order from healthcabin shipped today \o/ two days until I can track it on the courier website.. it's gona be a long two weeks while I wait for all this stuff

the chinese, they're a great bunch of lads

• Advertisement

Thanks a million I don't even think I realised I needed a cartomizer! I'm going to do exactly what u say now I'll just buy a few prefilled carts as well. It's so confusing!! Merry Christmas!

atomisers and cartomizers are kinda the same thing

a cartomizer is an atomiser and cartridge in one, cheaper and more disposable than buying an atomiser and then seperate cartridges

also if you're going to buy a few prefilled carts and an atomiser, make sure they are 510 or ego compatible. as the stuff I linked above is all 510/EGO. be pretty awful to get your stuff and find out you cant use them together

Good stuff thanks! I probably still wouldnt have thought to buy an atomizer thingy to go with my prefilled things. now im just going to buy your list and forget about having independent thoughts they just dont work out!

:)

dont forget to buy some juice if you're going for the dual coil cartomizers I linked above

probably a good idea to buy a couple of 10ml bottles to start off with, to see what flavours you like. be horrible to buy a 50ml bottle of something and discover you hate it.

I will do just going through these one buy started with battery managed to decide bigger is better but cant choose a colour lol life is hard!

Ok here is my basket...
    Joye eGo-T Battery (all types)
    Capacity: 3. 1000mAh
    Color:: Stainless

Dual Coil LR XL Cartomizer
    Color:: Stainless (x10 lol)

Aluminum FLAT Drip Tips
    Color:: Silver (x2)

USB charger thing from irishvapers

and now some juice...

But... this is going to sound so smart...do I now buy the Joye-cig thing or have i built my own!

Is there anything else then? do I need a dripping contraption? Why is there so many options! Thanks again you are a great help I was doing my head in reading the first 20 pages then the last and being completely lost in between!

also .... what is Propylene glycol (Pharmacopoeia Grade) (This product does NOT contain nicotine) is this for diluting your own liquid to strength and as such something i dont need as a newbie or is it for cleaning your ecig?
    (on another note they thing the PG crap may prevent lung infections and stuff...interesting!)

sorry, was getting a lift back home

the "Propylene glycol (Pharmacopoeia Grade) (This product does NOT contain nicotine) is this for diluting your own liquid to strength " stuff is basically the core of the ejuice you put in the cartomizer

every pg ejuice has this stuff (of various nicotine strengths) plus some flavouring, which is how we get the different flavoured juices. that stuff you're looking at there is 0mg flavourless pg, it's for if you want to mix up your own juices with flavours you buy yourselff. or if you buy a juice you like but the nicotine content is too strong, you can kinda water it down with the no nicotine flavourless stuff. you dont need it at all.

as for the batteries.. i really dont think you need 3, but i wont stop you if that's your magic number :)

irishvapers is out of the chargers.. did you mean thevapourstore? irishvapers have the 510 chargers, but they wont work on the larger batteries you're getting.

it's a small thing, personal preference.. but I wouldn't go for an aluminium drip tip. if you think you'd prefer that, then away you go. i find they get too cold, and they make the vapour very cold as well. but like I said, it's all down to personal preference.

and yeah you have pretty much built your own ecig now :)

the battery + cartomizer make the ecig, the drip tip is just so you dont have to wrap your lips around a potentially hot cartomizer. and the charger well.. it charges the battery.

oh, and you dont need a dripping contraption. dripping is for when you get an atomiser on its own (as opposed to the cartomizer you're getting), and you drip the liquid directly from the bottle 2-3 drops at a time straight onto the heating coil. it does make for better flavour most of the time, but it's awkward and time consuming if you're out and about or just dont want to be messing with bottles of juice every time you want a smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Sir Digby, your lordship, could you have a look at my orderlist please?
    I am buying for two, have I missed anything?

Order Inventory:
    Product: Dual Coil LR XL Cartomizer
    Options: Color: - Black
    Quantity: 8
    Product Code: DUAJ37

Product: Aluminum Drip Tips
    Options: Color: - Black
    Quantity: 1
    Product Code: ALUR29

Product: Joye eGo-T Battery (all types)
    Options: Capacity - 3. 1000mAh Color: - Black
    Quantity: 2
    Product Code: JOY733

Product: 50ml eLiquid PG
    Options: Flavor: - Dunhill / Deluxe tobacco Strength: - 18mg
    Product Code: 50MT6

Product: 50ml eLiquid PG
    Options: Flavor: - Silk Cut Strength: - 18mg
    Product Code: 50MT6

Product: 10ml eLiquid PG
    Options: Flavor: - Coffee Strength: - 24mg
    Product Code: 10MM6

Product: Joye 510-T USB charger
    Product Code: JOYD35

Product: LIQUA eLiquid
    Options: Flavor: - Tiramisu Strength: - REGULAR
    Product Code: LIQS40

Options: Flavor: - Coca Cola/Red Cola Strength: - 18mg

Product: Aluminum Drip Tips
    Options: Color: - Gold
    Product Code: ALUR29

I am giving away one set for xmas and don't want to have missed something, thanks.

thanks! good good ok im getting the hand of this O_o about time! Ok so i have created my monster and i have the charger, and ill swap for less cold tips! and then some juice I nearly bought a load of sample juice there then i realised that it doesnt specify a strength and yes you are right i meant the vapourstore.ie.... Ill be finished buying this someday!

• Advertisement

"Product: Joye 510-T USB charger
    "

could you link the page for that one? I don't know if that will charge the batteries you're getting

other than that, it all looks good. although I do feel compelled to warn you against the metal drip tips as I posted just above.. but if you think you'd prefer them then away you go

--edit
    ah, i found the charger you're lookign at. that won't work for the batteries you're getting

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/fast-usb-charger-for-joye-ego/prod_256.html will

thanks! good good ok im getting the hand of this O_o about time! Ok so i have created my monster and i have the charger, and ill swap for less cold tips! and then some juice I nearly bought a load of sample juice there then i realised that it doesnt specify a strength and yes you are right i meant the vapourstore.ie.... Ill be finished buying this someday!

you can pick the strength of the juice yourself near the bottom of the page

http://www.thebestshop.eu/standard-eliquid-pg-/-vg/10ml-eliquid-pg/prod_99.html

just under flavour. if you're a 20'ish a day smoker, get the 18. if you're a real heavy smoker, 24 will probably do you and if you're a light smoker the 11 oughta do. I vape 11mg and I like it, but i've been vaping for a year so I'm kinda used to it. i'm not really sure how satisfying it would be to start vaping on 11mg as it is pretty damn weak in terms of that kick in the back of the throat that let's you know you're inhaling.

Ok I ordered this I Think i'm done! Thanks again digby ;-) I hope I didnt forget anything -_-

Order Inventory:
    Product: Joye eGo-T Battery (all types)
    Options: Capacity - 3. 1000mAh Color: - Stainless
    Product Code: JOY733
    Price: 15.00euro

Product: Dual Coil LR XL Cartomizer
    Options: Color: - Stainless
    Quantity: 10
    Product Code: DUAJ37
    Price: 17.50euro

Product: Delrin Drip Tip 510/901
    Product Code: DELH29
    Price: 4.00euro

Options: Flavor: - Marlboro / USA Mix Strength: - 11mg
    Price: 3.25euro

Options: Flavor: - Coffee Strength: - 11mg

Options: Flavor: - Ruyan4# / RY 4 Strength: - 11mg

Options: Flavor: - Double Mint/Green Mint Strength: - 11mg

Options: Flavor: - Ruyan4# / RY 4 Strength: - 0mg

All above from thebestshop.eu for Eur 51.32 (i used IRISHVAPE i think discount code)

AND my charger

FASL82 Fast USB Charger for Joye eGo 7.61Eur total from the vapourstore.ie using discount code ecf10 (10% off)

So altogether around EURO 60. Not too shabby!

congrats :)
    the marlboro is a nice tobacco-y juice, and the ry4 is a favourite of a lot of people. used to love it myself but gotten a little tired of it recently as I was vaping so much of it for so long.

you should have it all in wednesday post, let us know what you think

--edit

I just now get that you weren't ordering 3 batteries, but it was the 3rd option in batteries...
    :)

edit

shows one way of filling the cartomizers in this video. I used this most of the time until very recently. now i just pour the juice into the top of the cartomizer and let it sink in like i said earlier in the thread. both work fine, up to you which you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Deleted User, dont forget this cone , if u are gonna use Dual Coil LR XL Cartomizer on Ego-t batteries

http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego-and-ego-t/spare-parts-for-joye-ego/atomizer-cover-for-joye-ego-ego-cone-/prod_136.html

-- look nice
    - protect connectors from breaking

do they fit over dual coils?
    no harm in having them I guess, but I never saw the need for them. just more crap to unscrew when I have to charge the battery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

do they fit over dual coils?
    they do ( except for the clear dual coils)

oh, god
    **** the clear dual coils
    just **** them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

"Product: Joye 510-T USB charger
    "

could you link the page for that one? I don't know if that will charge the batteries you're getting

other than that, it all looks good. although I do feel compelled to warn you against the metal drip tips as I posted just above.. but if you think you'd prefer them then away you go

--edit
    ah, i found the charger you're lookign at. that won't work for the batteries you're getting

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/fast-usb-charger-for-joye-ego/prod_256.html will

Thank you, I will adjust my order accordingly. Thanks for all the useful advice.

• Advertisement

np
    enjoy the tirimasu juice, vaping it myself right now. it's awesome.

Advertisement