Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Been about 3 weeks since I reactivated my profile. I've written thought out funny complimentary mails to about 40 girls. Not one reply. Really encourages you to keep going eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

murhatchi wrote: »
    A guess? Im not on this site long to tell you the truth? Just a guess :confused:
    Oh I picked it up as something like
    "This site? Ah do you really want me to tell you the truth?"

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Daisies wrote: »
    Right,

Looking for advice here. Seriously considering giving this online dating malark a go. I'm 25, just arrived back in Ireland after 16 months away and I'm just wondering should I just see how life is in general before I try the online dating?

I only came home there in December after time abroad, I'm giving it a bash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Owen wrote: »
    Been about 3 weeks since I reactivated my profile. I've written thought out funny complimentary mails to about 40 girls. Not one reply. Really encourages you to keep going eh?
    That's some reasons why i don't even bother. I've only sent about four messages out. I'm there if someone messages me i will message them back if they took time to compose a decent message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

I think girls just want the compliments ...I am not actually joking .... Its like look "Look, this funny, smart guy sent me a message, this has stroked my ego, I feel good about myself now, I wont reply, but when I feel down I will come back and look at that message"...and that is the female mind....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Galvasean wrote: »
    why do people assume you have to have failed at normal life before attempting online dating? :/

Nah not that at all. More, should I wait to settle back into things before trying to start meeting people etc etc
    I only home there in December after time abroad, I'm giving it a bash.

Good to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think girls just want the compliments ...I am not actually joking .... Its like look "Look, this funny, smart guy sent me a message, this has stroked my ego, I feel good about myself now, I wont reply, but when I feel down I will come back and look at that message"...and that is the female mind....

some girls. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

hollypink wrote: »
    Oh I picked it up as something like
    "This site? Ah do you really want me to tell you the truth?"

That could make sense on a couple of levels thank you :)

Need an expert linguist or something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Hell no.
    I'd rather get one message from a nice guy than 10 "u so sexi bbz" copy and paste jobs.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I remember mailing a girl who responded emphatically along the lines of, "Thanks for the lovely message.
    You've made my day!"
    I followed up the message and she never replied. I guess I just gave her a pick me up when she was having 'a sad' :rolleyes:

Hell no.
    I'd rather get one message from a nice guy than 10 "u so sexi bbz" copy and paste jobs.

u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz

11. That girl will never know what hit her.

awec wrote: »
    Out of curiosity Kamikazekitten, what are you listed as wanting on PoF?

(If I am not supposed / allowed to ask that on here, sorry to you and the mods).

:D

I'm not on POF, but on OKC I'm listed as wanting:
    Guys who like girls
    Ages 18-25
    Near me
    Who are single
    For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating, activity partners

u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz
    u so sexi bbz

kk babi, thanks hun dats luvvly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OKC? What's that?

okcupid.com
    It's like POF but with a better layout but much less users

okcupid.com
    It's like POF but with a better layout but much less users

But the users are 10 times awesomer :D

Join us!

Don't have the confidence for online dating.

Confidence smomfidence. its easy to be brave and bold on the interwebs.

Just look at me!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee

Don't have the confidence for online dating.

I'm somewhat in the same boat. But I'll not turn down an opportunity to meet a lovely lady who has similar interests, outlooks etc :) It just takes a bit of effort

I'm somewhat in the same boat. But I'll not turn down an opportunity to meet a lovely lady who has similar interests, outlooks etc :) It just takes a bit of effort
    Some very pretty girls on that site.

Both of you, try it out!

If you're not in it you can't win it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I changed my location to London on POF, it's doesnt seem to be coping with the change at all, it either thinks I'm at home or in the North :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well I had a date for tomorrow night - then kicked him into touch last night! He sent me a text that CLEARLY wasn't meant for me!! :(
    God some of you men are w*****s!! Present company excluded naturally!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Dovies wrote: »
    Well I had a date for tomorrow night - then kicked him into touch last night! He sent me a text that CLEARLY wasn't meant for me!! :(
    God some of you men are w*****s!! Present company excluded naturally!

Oh no. Was it really that bad? I must be really old fashioned because I wouldn't dream of juggling a couple of dates, in fact even though I've only arranged a second date for this weekend, I've already switched off from the websites. I just think its best to focus on one person at a time and give things a chance. Does this seem weird to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

missbelle wrote: »
    Yes and worse :o couldn't post it here what some people have messaged me :p

How about "Can't stop w**king at your pic. My computer looks like a painters radio!!":eek:

In fairness i thought this was hilarious and i had to reply! Ah i might go back on POF just for the craic!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I must be really old fashioned because I wouldn't dream of juggling a couple of dates, ?

Juggling a couple of dates I can cope with - do it myself. HOWEVER, he sent me a text last night addressed to someone else telling her he loved her!! :eek:
    No it wasn't his sister, mother etc. He tried to tell me it was his ex and he had to say that as she is insane and keeps texting him!! Eh I didnt fall off the banana boat yesterday! Even if he is telling the truth that kind of baggage I can do without! SO THERE! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement