Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

you're well better off without her for sure Samich.. aside from being a total b!tch she is obviously weak for herself and no one will fancy her as much as she fancies herself. Just think Karma.. what goes around comes around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

Well Im new to this online dating craic (As I stated a few posts back) but its actually kinda fun.

However I am somewhat confused about certain things and would appreciate your wise words :)

What is with the meet me thing on POF. Ive only just noticed it. Why would people want to meet you without mailing you? I went onto it and some of them have already mailed me, but more of them havent. Is that an invitation for me to mail them first? Confused.

My profile is hidden now too, so Im assumin they must have clicked it the first day?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

What is with the meet me thing on POF. Ive only just noticed it. Why would people want to meet you without mailing you? I went onto it and some of them have already mailed me, but more of them havent. Is that an invitation for me to mail them first? Confused.

My profile is hidden now too, so Im assumin they must have clicked it the first day?

Hi fratelli, welcome :)

The meet me is a little like hot-or-not that used to be on Facebook a while back. A girl or guy's photo will come up and they click yes or no to "meet you", if they like the look of you. you'll then get a notification or email about that. doesn't necessarily mean that you'll hear from them, but if you like the look back, no harm in shooting them a mail :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Samich wrote: »
    Her last line of the profile was to put the subject line as snooze as proof you read the profile, I didn't bother doing this, I just typed it into the box on the page, saved me an extra click :P, as I have a pre saved title anywho. And a good one I thought at that :P Oh well. :D

Maybe that was why she threw such a hissy fit, you didn't obey all her little rules:P
    I don't know, I'd prefer people to be original and say something they wanna say, but maybe that's just me. Even if some of those messages are like "Your pic is making me cum" :rolleyes:

No matter, keep on hunting!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

haha Samich I read your message there and i was mailing that girl about 6 months ago! didn't know she was still on the site maybe she blocked me too :pac:

She did have a nice profile then came across quite cold in the mails, didn't insult me or anything but the whole thing was about trying to impress her she'd say things like "Tell me something random about yourself?" and then it was up to me to entertain. Didn't get the impression she was there looking for dates but more an ego boost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

bordsie wrote: »
    haha Samich I read your message there and i was mailing that girl about 6 months ago! didn't know she was still on the site maybe she blocked me too :pac:

She did have a nice profile then came across quite cold in the mails, didn't insult me or anything but the whole thing was about trying to impress her she'd say things like "Tell me something random about yourself?" and then it was up to me to entertain. Didn't get the impression she was there looking for dates but more an ego boost.

At least you got some replies rather than a vicious attack on my apparant unfunnyness, not being interesting or remotely goodlooking traits :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Well Im new to this online dating craic (As I stated a few posts back) but its actually kinda fun.

However I am somewhat confused about certain things and would appreciate your wise words :)

Ive said it before and I will say it again,that meet me thing is a load of crap.

I currently have 30 odd females that want to "meet me".Maybe 3 or 4 have mailed me and Ive mailed a similar number of which one replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Even if some of those messages are like "Your pic is making me cum" :rolleyes:
    !

Do people really say that?!

I seem to have aquired an absolute fruit loop :(

missbelle wrote: »
    Hi fratelli, welcome :)

The meet me is a little like hot-or-not that used to be on Facebook a while back. A girl or guy's photo will come up and they click yes or no to "meet you", if they like the look of you. you'll then get a notification or email about that. doesn't necessarily mean that you'll hear from them, but if you like the look back, no harm in shooting them a mail :D

cool, tanx for that, liked the look of one or to of them so might fire out a couple. Sure no harm! :)

Yes and worse :o couldn't post it here what some people have messaged me :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

At least you got some replies rather than a vicious attack on my apparant unfunnyness, not being interesting or remotely goodlooking traits :pac:

to be honest i think i noticed she only "viewed" my profile once the mailing has stopped so she didn't launch any personal attacks on me. I always find it a bit odd especially in decent chat that some girls haven't even read my profile!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Re joined last night on pof. Just can't keep away, it's an addiction.

Have my pics up now too which I thought might get me more replies.

Have my default message title set.

Sent this girl a message as I don't get replies, just looking to chat.

"Hellooo :D How do you do? :D

What's happening? :) How was your new years eve? :D

You seem sound from your profile so would be cool if you read my profile and hopefully get back to me :D"

She replies back

"What part of it am I supposed to like? you said naff all and if you are referring to your profile then also think again. You are not funny, interesting or remotely attractive. You are delusional and punching way above your weight, single mother with an IQ of 90 more your kind of thing I think.

BTW don't bother trying to reply, you're BLOCKED"

Ooooh you have to send me the link :-p

Ive said it before and I will say it again,that meet me thing is a load of crap.

I currently have 30 odd females that want to "meet me".Maybe 3 or 4 have mailed me and Ive mailed a similar number of which one replied.

Yea I agree with Otis - one guy wanted to "meet me", added me as a favourite, then didn't reply when I messaged him :confused:

Yeah but from what Ive read POF seems a bit dodgy anyway to be honest. A lot of weirdos, but also one or two nice people Ive been chattin to. Might send of a few anyway, see how it goes :)

Yeah but from what Ive read POF seems a bit dodgy anyway to be honest. A lot of weirdos, but also one or two nice people Ive been chattin to. Might send of a few anyway, see how it goes :)

Do, of course, and keep us informed of any progress :D
    Yea, with POF can't take it too seriously, but there are nice guys and girls out there among all the strange and weird peoples :cool:

Happy fishin' :p

What's the link worth to ya? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

What's the link worth to ya? :P

Not such a bad idea actually , just to see what else she has :-)

murhatchi wrote: »
    Not such a bad idea actually , just to see what else she has :-)

Mail me for the link then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Got a message from a girl whose profile I had checked out a few days ago and had come to the conclusion I wouldn't have a hope in hell of catching her attention so I didn't bother messaging her.
    Flippin' was all about replying to her message there though!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Folks,if ye want to request links to peoples profiles please do it through PM only,this thread is not the place for it.Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

bordsie wrote: »

Ah her........ That was question #2 right? I got to question 3. I think I got it wrong as I have not seen her since! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Galvasean wrote: »
    Ah her........ That was question #2 right? I got to question 3. I think I got it wrong as I have not seen her since! :pac:

Are there trolls on online dating sites? Because that message Samich got was so nasty and unwarranted I don't want to believe someone could really be as vile as that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

I just signed up there tonight for the laugh to see what it was about on POF. My god a lot of old looking 27 year old girls :eek: Altho I am an old looking 26yr old so who am I to judge :) Not really sure how to do the whole internet dating thingy but I will pick it up soon no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

battser wrote: »
    I justu signed up there tonight for the laugh to see what it was about on POF. My god a lot of old looking 27 year old girls :eek: Altho I am an old looking 26yr old so who am I to judge :) Not really sure how to do the whole internet dating thingy but I will pick it up soon no doubt!

I got a message saying : "36 yeah right!!! "
    It's not my fault I come from a long line of baldies :-)
    Happy hunting :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

battser wrote: »
    I just signed up there tonight for the laugh to see what it was about on POF. My god a lot of old looking 27 year old girls :eek: Altho I am an old looking 26yr old so who am I to judge :) Not really sure how to do the whole internet dating thingy but I will pick it up soon no doubt!

Noticed t'is the same with some of the younger girls around 21 or so. There's some women in their mid 30's that looked younger then'em :pac:

What I don't get is the pictures women have, with loads of other women in them. I'm not going to go through'em all and try to figure out which'un yer meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Her last line of the profile was to put the subject line as snooze as proof you read the profile, I didn't bother doing this, I just typed it into the box on the page, saved me an extra click :P, as I have a pre saved title anywho. And a good one I thought at that :P Oh well. :D

Ha, I think I've seen the profile your talking about before. Long list of criteria that you need to meet before mailing her included in the profile too ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Yep, one did to me yesterday :rolleyes:
    I looked at it, laughed and hit the delete button.

I also have another in today who told me he needs mouth to penis rescuscitation, stat! What am I doing to attract these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

For anyone who uses POF, do you read the little 'advice' piece when you log out? I read one last night (i dunno if they change every so often) and it said how you should go on at least 6 dates with the one guy before making your mind up. :eek:

I get what they were saying as regards to not making your mind up straight away about someone but I think 6 dates is a waste of time. I've gone on 3-4 dates with guys who I didn't feel any spark with as my friends told me I was too dismissive about. So I said right I'll give this way a go.. Went nowhere and ended up not being nice where I had to say "thanks, but no thanks" to guys who thought it was going somewhere. :o Or is this the whole point of dating? Maybe I'm not doing it right.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I signed up to PoF (in London) last night.

What am I getting myself in for :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Larianne wrote: »
    For anyone who uses POF, do you read the little 'advice' piece when you log out? I read one last night (i dunno if they change every so often) and it said how you should go on at least 6 dates with the one guy before making your mind up. :eek:

I get what they were saying as regards to not making your mind up straight away about someone but I think 6 dates is a waste of time. I've gone on 3-4 dates with guys who I didn't feel any spark with as my friends told me I was too dismissive about. So I said right I'll give this way a go.. Went nowhere and ended up not being nice where I had to say "thanks, but no thanks" to guys who thought it was going somewhere. :o Or is this the whole point of dating? Maybe I'm not doing it right.

Eh no, you do know after a few dates, after 6 someone has feelings and will get hurt... Not the point of dating IMO!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement