Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NomadicMe

mud wrote: »
    I just set up an okc account after lurking on this thread for ages :)

I am slow to put up a picture. Does anyone else feel like that? Not that I'm a hag or anything. Just slightly uncomfortable with it?

I'm 32 and female and just a wee bit scared :eek:

I used to use OkC too and I never put up a clear pic- I offered to mail the guys one though every guy I have met always says that I am cutting out a lot of possibilities by not having a pic up!

Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

awec wrote: »
    I mean this in a nice way (honest):

Are any of you lot young (like, early - mid 20s), or is this PoF site mostly used by older (30+) folk (and I am not saying 30 is old!!)?

I'm just curious really. :o
    I use POF and i'm 25 and i see quite a lot of women my age from cork on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Are any of you lot young (like, early - mid 20s), or is this PoF site mostly used by older (30+) folk (and I am not saying 30 is old!!)?

I'm 25. A lot of people my age and younger on it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,557 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

:)`Just read that myself. Gave me a giggle, great timing as well . . . I wonder is that a sign to delete my new profile!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I'm 24 and there's lots of guys my age and younger on POF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Also, from reading this Ireland must be overflowing with hairdressers and beauty therapists.

I was just thinking that aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I deleted my account a while ago and then decided it was a good idea to add a new one. Its a good idea, makes you look at it in a different light.

I had about 20 views in the first 2 days. No contact though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Thread is full of noobies – yayy :D

Okay my euros worth – Im 43 by the way so the granny of the thread. :eek:
    Don’t use OKC much – find it’s full of hairy men (not my type)
    Use POF more but not doing much dating from it – same old faces popping up but Im sure they say that about me!

One line emails – tend not to reply but if they write a better message (in proper English) then I will even if Im not interested.

Put up a photo - put up a few. So what if someone you know sees you – only way they can is if they are using the site too.

I message men first- what have you to lose? If they don’t reply just move on =- you need a thick skin on these sites.

There are lots of younger people on the sites now – as in younger than 24. Which I think is a shame – when I was that age I didn’t need a dating site, I went out! How the times are a changing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Well people, last night I met a perfect guy.
    We started IMing mostly because we were bored, and just clicked.
    He's funny and cute and nice... and 36
    Curse you older men!
    -frustrated dance-

Dovies wrote: »

There are lots of younger people on the sites now – as in younger than 24. Which I think is a shame – when I was that age I didn’t need a dating site, I went out! How the times are a changing!!

One of them there young uns here, and imo it's a nice change from having your ass felt up at a bar. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

ladylost wrote: »
    good for you Liz. Another success. Would you recommend that site? I am based in a similar location as was wondering about joining that site.
    Be careful when bringing up the closing accounts thing.. I did that before.. was too early as far as he was concerned and I got dumped by text and blanked thereafter :( As you already have confirmed your status I expect it won't be the same :)

thanks ladylost ;)
    yeah i def wud recommend it. i had gotten fed up with pof, same oul faces on it etc, so decided to try cs. there was def different ppl on it & i liked the lay out of the site. also a good enough amount from cork ;) sure give it a shot, it may surprise you..
    im sorry to hear of ur experience..that happened to me too before. it was bad judgement on my behalf.. but me thinks im safe this time :D
    good luck :)

One of them there young uns here, and imo it's a nice change from having your ass felt up at a bar. :D

Shucks its years since I had my ass felt at the bar!! :(
    Might have to go out tomorrow night! :P

Coppers solves everything :D
    I must have inadvertedly seen your profile last night then.

:D

Actually, have many of you spotted other boardsies on okc or pof? (I'm sure people have asked this before, but these are very looong threads!)

Coppers solves everything :D

:D

Actually, have many of you spotted other boardsies on okc or pof? (I'm sure people have asked this before, but these are very looong threads!)

Coppers? Ugh maybe not!
    No idea - dont know what you all look like! Wouldnt it be good if we were all moaning on here about other boardsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I've spotted about 5 boardsies... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

mud wrote: »
    I just set up an okc account after lurking on this thread for ages :)

I am slow to put up a picture. Does anyone else feel like that? Not that I'm a hag or anything. Just slightly uncomfortable with it?

I'm 32 and female and just a wee bit scared :eek:

Ah yeah, but you get over that after a while. Best of luck!! :)
    Also, from reading this Ireland must be overflowing with hairdressers and beauty therapists.

And what's wrong with that? :cool: I guess the reason why there are a lot of beauty therapists and hairdressers on there (along with engineers and IT dudes) is that their work environment is very much single sex orientated so probably less likely to meet people of the opposite sex through work.

Head to Coppers so.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Coppers? Ugh maybe not!
    No idea - dont know what you all look like! Wouldnt it be good if we were all moaning on here about other boardsies!

I'm always afraid one of the eejits from POF will turn up at a beers. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ive spotted one or two, but only from recognising them from their pics they have on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I haven't spotted any, but some have spotted me! I'm not the most observant person though!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

I haven't a clue what anyone on here looks like so not a chance in noticing on other sites.

– Im 43 by the way

Your posts are representative of a much younger woman. Kudos.
    Dovies wrote:

I think a lot of young people are realizing that a rubbish nite club with extremely loud bad music is not the best place to find your soulmate (or indeed anyone with similarities to you that aren't a mutual drunkness).
    Pembily wrote: »
    I've spotted about 5 boardsies... :)
    andreac wrote: »
    Ive spotted one or two, but only from recognising them from their pics they have on boards.

Say hello!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Oh I have messaged some!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement