Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

awec wrote: »
    Are you saying she's immature? :D

Like me :) I just look to opposite :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Interesting - I've probably seen a few of you then, I have no clue what any of you look like!
    There should be a secret boardsie sign or something :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Interesting - I've probably seen a few of you then, I have no clue what any of you look like!
    There should be a secret boardsie sign or something :D

There's "know your clubbers" ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Seeing as I have the same username it's hard for me to maintain much obscurity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Maguined wrote: »
    That's why I changed my name!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Definitely have a different user name!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Pembily wrote: »
    That's why I changed my name!

I have nothing to hide :cool:

I sold my dignity for some shiny pennies a long time ago.

Maguined wrote: »

You will probably get a heap of profile visits now from all sorts :)

In terms of usernames, I always have issue for thinking them up i.e. I picked this one because I had just watched Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom (dont know if I'm even spelling it right!) and my POF was what I had for dinner that day, then of course I totally forget what my username is if I have not been at it in a while :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I just simply used my real name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

My username on okc is just as ridiculous as this one (not the same one though!)
    There's "know your clubbers" ;P

*scuttles off to have a looksee*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Larianne wrote: »
    I guess the reason why there are a lot of beauty therapists and hairdressers on there (along with engineers and IT dudes) is that their work environment is very much single sex orientated so probably less likely to meet people of the opposite sex through work.

MIND = BLOWN

That's totally a good explanation.

GrumPy wrote: »
    I guess the reason why there are a lot of beauty therapists and hairdressers on there (along with engineers and IT dudes) is that their work environment is very much single sex orientated so probably less likely to meet people of the opposite sex through work.

MIND = BLOWN

How else do you explain all the it people with good hair?!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

MIND = BLOWN

:cool: not sure if serious or sarky.

:cool: not sure if serious or sarky.

Serious! Never thought about it like that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I got a message today from a girl asking if she could look at my Facebook page :confused:

I got a message today from a girl asking if she could look at my Facebook page :confused:

Lol, your profile, but more than likely photos alone, are not adequate for her creeping habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

liz2 wrote: »
    thanks ladylost ;)
    yeah i def wud recommend it. i had gotten fed up with pof, same oul faces on it etc, so decided to try cs. there was def different ppl on it & i liked the lay out of the site. also a good enough amount from cork ;) sure give it a shot, it may surprise you..
    im sorry to hear of ur experience..that happened to me too before. it was bad judgement on my behalf.. but me thinks im safe this time :D
    good luck :)

thanks Liz.. I have a few dates lined up but if they don't work out I think I might give CS a shot :D
    best of luck.. always good to hear a good ending.. gives hope to the rest of us :)

Lol, your profile, but more than likely photos alone, are not adequate for her creeping habit.

Ha, it was well weird. I have about 5 photos on my profile and it's well filled out, lots of info on me.

Ha, it was well weird. I have about 5 photos on my profile and it's well filled out, lots of info on me.

You could always create a fake fb profile and upload a pic of Bertie Ahern as your profile pic and send her a link to that. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Maybe she wants to make sure you're not friends with any of her exes? One girl I nearly met up with did this with me. Turns out she did used to date someone I went to college with (but have not seen since due to living in different counties). Apparently it would have been 'too weird' for her to go on a date with me because of that.

• Advertisement

*ALERT ALERT*

Galvasean has been observed!!!

*Code blue Code blue*

Well, now that your watching my boards posts let me say that I have enjoyed our IM chats and am looking forward to meeting you for that coffee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

ladylost wrote: »
    thanks Liz.. I have a few dates lined up but if they don't work out I think I might give CS a shot :D
    best of luck.. always good to hear a good ending.. gives hope to the rest of us :)

What the funk is CS?

G-Money wrote: »
    What the funk is CS?

connectingsingles.com

It's also free to use

Galvasean wrote: »
    Maybe she wants to make sure you're not friends with any of her exes? One girl I nearly met up with did this with me. Turns out she did used to date someone I went to college with (but have not seen since due to living in different counties). Apparently it would have been 'too weird' for her to go on a date with me because of that.

That makes sense actually, we are the same age and live in Cork city so it's entirely possible we know some of the same people. Too weird to go out because ye know the same person? I'd say she's a bit weird for thinking that!

I did! Just got the below reply, Part of the message I sent asked what they thought of the site:

"hi there hows life this site a earlly do u wot me to tell u the true"

:eek:

Edit: Sorely tempted to pose a political or philosophical question to see what grade of response that evokes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

murhatchi wrote: »
    I did! Just got the below reply, Part of the message I sent asked what they thought of the site:

"hi there hows life this site a earlly do u wot me to tell u the true"

:eek:

3141224393_41780_121776394532595_5200_n_xlarge.jpeg

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Right,

Looking for advice here. Seriously considering giving this online dating malark a go. I'm 25, just arrived back in Ireland after 16 months away and I'm just wondering should I just see how life is in general before I try the online dating?

awec wrote: »
    Can you translate?

A guess? Im not on this site long to tell you the truth? Just a guess :confused:

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »
    Right,

Looking for advice here. Seriously considering giving this online dating malark a go. I'm 25, just arrived back in Ireland after 16 months away and I'm just wondering should I just see how life is in general before I try the online dating?

why do people assume you have to have failed at normal life before attempting online dating? :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement