Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

awec wrote: »
    He must think you came up the liffy in a bubble.

Even if your ex was nuts you'd hardly spur them on by telling them you love them.

Thats what I thought - so Im not being unreasonable then? :confused:

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Dovies wrote: »
    Thats what I thought - so Im not being unreasonable then? :confused:

You've got to do what you feel is right. Text messages can be misleading but you went with your gut and that's probably the right thing to do.

IMO if he loved her hed be with her. :pac:
    You've got to do what you feel is right. Text messages can be misleading but you went with your gut and that's probably the right thing to do.

Ah lads now you are making me think I have over reacted!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

NO YOU DIDN'T! GO WITH YOU GUT!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

IMO if he loved her hed be with her. :pac:

Well maybe he is in fact with her. He wouldn't be the first person in a relationship to use an online dating site :mad: Dovies, I don't think you overreacted at all. Whatever way you look at it, his explanation for that text is full of holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Not all. You would know best to be honest. If it wasn't that serious then it shouldn't be a big deal and your gut instinct was right...

hollypink wrote: »
    Well maybe he is in fact with her. He wouldn't be the first person in a relationship to use an online dating site :mad: Dovies, I don't think you overreacted at all. Whatever way you look at it, his explanation for that text is full of holes.

Thats what I thought. Ah well back to the drawing board! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I think girls just want the compliments ...I am not actually joking .... Its like look "Look, this funny, smart guy sent me a message, this has stroked my ego, I feel good about myself now, I wont reply, but when I feel down I will come back and look at that message"...and that is the female mind....

No. I'm female and I certainly don't think like that. I don't reply if I'm not interested or if I feel we would not be compatible. From experience sending a polite reply to say thanks but no thanks just leads to abuse or begging!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Oh no. Was it really that bad? I must be really old fashioned because I wouldn't dream of juggling a couple of dates, in fact even though I've only arranged a second date for this weekend, I've already switched off from the websites. I just think its best to focus on one person at a time and give things a chance. Does this seem weird to anyone else?

No. That's the right way to do it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Oh no. Was it really that bad? I must be really old fashioned because I wouldn't dream of juggling a couple of dates, in fact even though I've only arranged a second date for this weekend, I've already switched off from the websites. I just think its best to focus on one person at a time and give things a chance. Does this seem weird to anyone else?

Not at all. I think focusing on one person at a time is good.

Dear God NO. You did not over-react at all. I'd do the exact same in your shoes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Checked out Connecting Singles seeing as it was being mentioned last night. Bloody heck that site is a sight for sore eyes. The layout of it is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Dovies, I think that could be the worst yet :eek:

Talk about an unfortunate message to misdirect :eek:

But good for you though, he's clearly up to his eyeballs in baggage as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

A lady that plays drums on POF. I are intrigued.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Juggling a couple of dates I can cope with - do it myself. HOWEVER, he sent me a text last night addressed to someone else telling her he loved her!! :eek:
    No it wasn't his sister, mother etc. He tried to tell me it was his ex and he had to say that as she is insane and keeps texting him!! Eh I didnt fall off the banana boat yesterday! Even if he is telling the truth that kind of baggage I can do without! SO THERE! :P

Pfft, my ex texted me yesterday. I didn't text her back I CERTAINLY didn't tell her that I loved her!

While I don't like using my 'gut instinct' to make decisions (guts are for making poo, not thinking), you made the right call. If he's lying he's a liar and that's no good. If he's telling the truth he's got that 'emotional baggage' which is never fun either. So either way you did right to kick him into touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That_Guy wrote: »
    A lady that plays drums on POF. I are intrigued.

I used to know two girls from school that played drums. They were both fit and quite sound. Ergo, this one must be fit and quite sound too. Go for it.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I used to know two girls from school that played drums. They were both fit and quite sound. Ergo, this one must be fit and quite sound too. Go for it.

I sent her a message with the title, "Fancy a bang...."

And the body started with:

... of my drums. I see you're a drummer too. etc etc etc

EDIT: She's probably too afraid to open the message. :pac:

I sent her a message with the title, "Fancy a bang...."

And the body started with:

... of my drums. I see you're a drummer too. etc etc etc

EDIT: She's probably too afraid to open the message. :pac:

This is a distinct danger, I'm afraid :D

This is a distinct danger, I'm afraid :D

Should really stop being so suggestive. My tagline is "Just sticking my rod out there" :pac:

• Advertisement

I hope the "...." saves it for you. Pervs don't do ellipses. Well the illiterate ones anyway :pac:

No reply...

Was half thinking about sending her another message saying,

"By the way, I promise you that the last message I sent doesn't contain a picture of my cawk"

No wonder I'm having no such luck with this dating lark.

Back to the drawing board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

No reply...

Was half thinking about sending her another message saying,

"By the way, I promise you that the last message I sent doesn't contain a picture of my cawk"

No wonder I'm having no such luck with this dating lark.

Back to the drawing board

Give it some time before you start getting so worried :)

Give it some time before you start getting so worried :)

I'm not getting worried about the lack of reply. I'm worried that I'll get a reputation for being a sex pest. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I'm not getting worried about the lack of reply. I'm worried that I'll get a reputation for being a sex pest. :pac:

There's gotta be a site that caters specifically for people like you.

And if you know it, can I have the name?

Sanjuro wrote: »
    There's gotta be a site that caters specifically for people like you.

And if you know it, can I have the name?

redtube.com I believe. :pac:

Too late. But in the harmless Carry On tradition kind of way, I'm sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

got a date from POF tonight. In 3 hours actually. just as i was shutting down my profile a couple of weeks ago i met one nice girl. dropped her my number as in "im leaving this site but sure give me a shout" and i deactivated it. Didnt have much faith in the site. she text me any way and we're going out tonight. for some reason im mad nervous. been on dates before, maybe its the fact i havent met her in person. anyway..hope it goes well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Balobas87

BornIn84 wrote: »
    got a date from POF tonight. In 3 hours actually. just as i was shutting down my profile a couple of weeks ago i met one nice girl. dropped her my number as in "im leaving this site but sure give me a shout" and i deactivated it. Didnt have much faith in the site. she text me any way and we're going out tonight. for some reason im mad nervous. been on dates before, maybe its the fact i havent met her in person. anyway..hope it goes well!

great best of luck with it!!

This actually happened to me in reverse months ago, I had enough of POF after a week and decided to shut down my account, got chatting to a guy that evening and he gave me his number but I deleted my account and totally forgot to take it down. duh. think i will go back on POF again. I want a date!! (just one! without sounding toooo desperate :D!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

BornIn84 wrote: »

Aww, good luck! Be sure to come back and tell us everything now, y'hear? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement