Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I should probably stop trolling people, half these women think i'm nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I should probably stop trolling people, half these women think i'm nuts.

From what I've heard, half the women on those sites are nuts, so you'll find someone soon! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

:confused: Right, girl (seemed nice, got on well) I dated last week and went well, said we would definitely hook up in Jan after she returned to the smoke all good. But Christmas eve night, got drunken voicemail 3am plus two texts, St Stephen's got one voicemail 2am, content I cant precisely go into but ranged from raunchy to "you think your good enough for me (expletive)" . I did get a text Xmas day apologising for late text. Text today saying about hooking up but Im a bit wary now, anyone had this before? Instinct says it does not bode well...... :(

Larianne wrote: »
    From what I've heard, half the women on those sites are nuts, so you'll find someone soon! :pac:

Shush Larry, i'm wonderful.

I really don't translate well into text. It amuses me greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

murhatchi wrote: »
    :confused: Right, girl (seemed nice, got on well) I dated last week and went well, said we would definitely hook up in Jan after she returned to the smoke all good. But Christmas eve night, got drunken voicemail 3am plus two texts, St Stephen's got one voicemail 2am, content I cant precisely go into but ranged from raunchy to "you think your good enough for me (expletive)" . I did get a text Xmas day apologising for late text. Text today saying about hooking up but Im a bit wary now, anyone had this before? Instinct says it does not bode well...... :(

Seems a bit erratic but maybe it was a genuine hit off the phone in the pocket kind of thing and it was more background noise/people? Is she young/older?

• Advertisement

Hmm, maybe leave the meeting up again for a while and just message for a bit. I dunno, if you found her to be nice on first meeting give her another chance?

I guess it really depends on what she said in her messages.
    Shush Larry, i'm wonderful.

I really don't translate well into text. It amuses me greatly.

I think you should just message people that. And see what replies you get. :)

No, directly into phone and texts also. Unless wrong number. Just seems a bit odd and only had one date. Shes 31.

Larianne wrote: »
    Hmm, maybe leave the meeting up again for a while and just message for a bit. I dunno, if you found her to be nice on first meeting give her another chance?

I guess it really depends on what she said in her messages.

I would be best to not repeat verbatim but they ranged a bit, one somewhat erotic and others somewhat nasty in tone. I could be being a bit sensitive though as had a previous nasty relationship with a neurotic, jealous controlling type who used to leave all sorts on the phone :(

I would be best to not repeat verbatim but they ranged a bit, one somewhat erotic and others somewhat nasty in tone. I could be being a bit sensitive though as had a previous nasty relationship with a neurotic, jealous controlling type who used and leave all sorts on the phone :(

Well if it set alarm bells ringing walk away! Always go with your gut.

I would be best to not repeat verbatim but they ranged a bit, one somewhat erotic and others somewhat nasty in tone. I could be being a bit sensitive though as had a previous nasty relationship with a neurotic, jealous controlling type who used to leave all sorts on the phone :(

work.6414747.1.sticker,375x360.eject-button-sticker-v1.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I agree with Larriane. If this is happening after one date it does not bode well.
    Speaking as someone who ended up in a relationship with a moody control freak before they only get worse as time goes on.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I agree with Larriane. If this is happening after one date it does not bode well.
    Speaking as someone who ended up in a relationship with a moody control freak before they only get worse as time goes on.

Oh I hear you. I really do....
    Going to cut the rope tomorrow. Thanks all for input, next...:).

What's with all the profiles on POF that say "If i told u about me derd b nutin 2 talk about later!"?
    how in the hell is one supposed to converse these people?

What's with all the profiles on POF that say "If i told u about me derd b nutin 2 talk about later!"?

"hey bbz, howz u sexc? xxox"

Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

They're almost as bad as the one liner messages, or :eek: the one word messages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

I always figured those were people that liked to talk about how much they drank last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

That's one of the main things that put me off when thinking about signing up. I assume though that most of the better profiles can only be viewed by members. :pac:

amacachi wrote: »
    That's one of the main things that put me off when thinking about signing up. I assume though that most of the better profiles can only be viewed by members. :pac:

I look at it as a bit of craic, and if somebody happens to interest me well then it's a definite plus and we'll see what happens.

Just join and don't carry any expectations, it's like boards with more trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Came home last night, decided I'd have a gawk at POF.
    A few messages waiting for me, "happy days" I thought.
    One was an exclamation mark...nothing else, just an "!"..:confused:
    The second was a "hi"..
    Third "Hi hows you" (progression from the other two I guess!)
    And the forth was from someone asking what are the good spots round Galway as her and her mates will be down some weekend (might actually respond to that one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Panthro wrote: »
    The second was a "hi"..
    And the forth was from someone asking what are the good spots round Galway as her and her mates will be down some weekend (might actually respond to that one)

Getting those types of messages used to annoy the hell out of me, no effort put into them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Best message I ever got went a little something like this:

"Hey, hope you don't mind me messaging you, you're far too young for me, but I want to know more about XYZ you mentioned on your profile? Thanks!"

Reminded me of this:

FZPVo.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Panthro wrote: »
    The second was a "hi"..

What age are you?
    Some fine older women from Galway on pof ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Samich wrote: »
    What age are you?
    Some fine older women from Galway on pof ;) :P

I'm 28, and I agree, there are some fine women in general round these parts:D, its just a shame some of them think this "!" is enough of a conversation starter!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

sharper wrote: »
    I always figured those were people that liked to talk about how much they drank last night.

They usually are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Some girl had this on her profile, made me laugh at the time :pac:

She said some fella messaged her this.

"If yu play your cards right, yu coud end up pregnant soon hun xx"

worse english than that too :P

Mail girl.

Said girl looks at your page.

No message.

turtle600.png

Another will be along any minute now :pac:

"I want a serious relationship.

"I'm leaving the country in March"

LOLWUT? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Mail girl. Said girl looks at your page. No message. Another will be along any minute now :pac:

Welcome to my world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

It's a shame when guys have to do most of mailing at first to start things off. I wish more women would send a message first. I can only hope. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

finipops wrote: »
    It's a shame when guys have to do most of mailing at first to start things off. I wish more women would send a message first. I can only hope. :p

Why though? If there's someone you're interested in,just mail her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement