Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

LaHaine wrote: »
    Hard to keep the faith with the online dating sometimes.

Sent a few messages today after psyching myself up. No replies so far. Maybe I need to change my profile

It's takes a bit of time. Keep the faith. Ask for some people on here take a look at your profile maybe. That really helped me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

ladylost wrote: »
    It's takes a bit of time. Keep the faith. Ask for some people on here take a look at your profile maybe. That really helped me.

Did you go on your date? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Good idea actually. If I had the guts!

Samich wrote: »
    Did you go on your date? :)
    Not yet Samich... next Friday ;)

LaHaine wrote: »
    Good idea actually. If I had the guts!
    I'm on OKC so if you have a profile on that I would be more than happy to take a look if you PM the details. I'm sure some here on POF will be happy to offer. I got really helpful feedback. Definitely made a difference. Go for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I'm going on a date later, looking forward to it:)
    You'll be leaving us soon too :( :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

new one.... high sexy...hes irish so its not like he's learning the language

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

I'm on OKC so if you have a profile on that I would be more than happy to take a look if you PM the details. I'm sure some here on POF will be happy to offer. I got really helpful feedback. Definitely made a difference. Go for it :)

PM sent:o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

A +1 here for asking for feedback. I had some boardsies check out my profile and offer a few suggestions. You'd be amazed how much subtle differences that you would not have kopped yourself can make big changes.

Lots of people on the aul dating sites today... Glad I'm not he only one who didn't pull last night :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I was gigging last night, no wonder people didn't pull in the condition they were falling around in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Friday night was the same, saw at least 5 girls falling flat on their asses! It's so true though, I think when people are so drink out, noone is going to approach them in a bar/club, unless they too are off their faces! Maybe we were all in the same boat last night and that's why POF is so busy today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Ok, after reading this thread and a few relationships with girls that have frittered out, I decided to give internet dating a bash. I put up profiles on POF and Match about 3 hours ago. Anyway, I got an email from POF saying a girl would like to meet me. I had a look at her profile and I liked what I read and saw. Stupid question but what do you do now? Also, it looks like she's in Galway and I'm in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Shes from Galway?
    Riggght...(scampers off for a gawk at Galway girls online now!)
    I'd send her a message introducing yourself and saying how as it appears ye both want to meet, hows about setting up a date at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Owen wrote: »
    I was gigging last night, no wonder people didn't pull in the condition they were falling around in :rolleyes:

House party (well a few drinks moreso) this end, glad to have avoided all the New Year messing!

Panthro wrote: »
    Shes from Galway?
    Riggght...(scampers off for a gawk at Galway girls online now!)
    I'd send her a message introducing yourself and saying how as it appears ye both want to meet, hows about setting up a date at some point.

Right so I'll do that. Do people really travel that far to meet up? I guess the backwards and forwards with emails will answer whether if we'd really want to meet up I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm living in Galway and I hopped on the bus up to Dublin is the furthest I've gone personally. (It took a bit of encouragement from posters of this very thread but I went through with it!)
    I did it because I got on well with the girl through the messages, and wanted to see was there any spark. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
    (although granted it might be easier/quicker Dublin to Galway compared to Galway to Cork)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Too true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

So we were talking away online through the day and to be honest, we really do seem to have lots of similar interests which is great. She asked about meeting up in a couple of days so that's arranged and we are now continuing the conversation by text. I am now pretending to be perfectly calm and not in the slightest very very very very very very very very very very very very (did I say very?) nervous about meeting up!

:D:eek::D:eek::D:eek:

Meeting up tomorrow evening. Hopefully the fact we've lots in common translates well to meeting face to face....

She mailed me back, turns out she's from Cork.

• Advertisement

Date went well, I've been dating him now for 4 weeks, I'm kinda wondering when I can ask if this is still just casual or something more? Either of us is dating anyone else.
    I'm way too shy to bring up the subject.:o

What are you afraid of? I'd hazard a guess he feels the same...Although having said this, what is it exactly that will change if it is or isn't 'casual'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Date went well, I've been dating him now for 4 weeks, I'm kinda wondering when I can ask if this is still just casual or something more? Either of us is dating anyone else.
    I'm way too shy to bring up the subject.:o

I suggest a 4am voicemail ranting about lights in the sky, the CIA and threatening to cut any bitches he might be talking to/seeing.

Or! "I enjoy spending time with you, do you want to keep it casual?" and let him say yes or no (but be prepared/happy to accept yes).

Well initially we said we'll keep things 'casual', but it just seems a bit more than just casual, judging by things he does and have done.
    I'm scared of getting hurt I guess.

I understand. It all depends on what 'casual' means though as it can be a bit of an abstract word. I'd suggest just asking how he sees things now, if he is happy with how things are going. If I was asked, I wouldn't be offended, I'd understand that it was maybe difficult for you to ask and I'd answer honestly and that would be it. But that's me!

He's a very straightforward bloke, so I really don't think he'd get offended if I did ask. He told me previously that he'd always give a relationship a go, so I'll take that as something positive.
    This is the first time in a long while I actually felt excited about someone, he has so much going for him:)

I think you've answered your own question.

;)

Ah but you can never be sure though:p

This is very true!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Is POF borked for anyone else? It's showing me 0 people online, and the last people online in my city have been the same for 2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Is POF borked for anyone else? It's showing me 0 people online, and the last people online in my city have been the same for 2 hours.

it's the y2k bug.... 12 years late :eek:

Freakin' end of times, if you ask me.

But yes, it is quite annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

it's the y2k bug.... 12 years late :eek:

The Mayan prophecy for 2012 did predict it would start with POF :P

• Advertisement

It currently says 0... and I'm Dublin based. There's usually 3k+
    I think their counting/timing system just went kaput

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement