Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Okay, POF is completely fooked. It's been recommending me nothing but girls living in Wales (just noticed after mailing a couple of them :o) and seems to have crashed altogether now..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I got a message from a girl saying "I'm not impressed mister"
    Sorry about ya I reckon, you sent me an opening message saying "hi cutie" and nothing more, forgive me if I don't bother me orse replying straight away like!
    (Hi, I'm Ranty MacRanterson)

Panthro wrote: »
    I got a message from a girl saying "I'm not impressed mister"
    Sorry about ya I reckon, you sent me an opening message saying "hi cutie" and nothing more, forgive me if I don't bother me orse replying straight away like!
    (Hi, I'm Ranty MacRanterson)

People like that should be banned from the internet. 'the hell like?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Galvasean wrote: »
    People like that should be banned from the internet. 'the hell like?!

Yeah definitely, sorry now to herself and all but my way of thinking is as easy as it gets, no effort put in, then no way am I replying, simples!:)
    If I message someone it usually contains at least a few paragraphs, asks a few questions referring to her profile etc, I know in my heart and soul I'd never get away with "hi cutie" and actually expect a response, so why would I bother accepting anything less?!
    (Again, Ranty is out tonight, I should mention I've had a few bevvys!!:o)

I seem to be having better luck with teh Welsh girls :o

*packs bags*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Hope you don't mind just reading your thread for ideas :D. Thinking of giving this on-line dating lark a crack . Have a profile on plenty of fish but its on hidden at the minute as i wasn't too keen on it up to this and to be honest just really nervous of it all . Had a profile on anotherfriend but just didn't like it at all as got some strange messages . Any other sites you can recommend .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

alibab wrote: »
    Hope you don't mind just reading your thread for ideas :D. Thinking of giving this on-line dating lark a crack . Have a profile on plenty of fish but its on hidden at the minute as i wasn't too keen on it up to this and to be honest just really nervous of it all . Had a profile on anotherfriend but just didn't like it at all as got some strange messages . Any other sites you can recommend .

It may depend on you age group, what you want and how seriously you intend to take it.

Awoke to find two mails on POF today. "Hi" and "Hey" respectively.
    Ah well, at least teh profile is visible again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I woke up to 3 messages, 2 interesting ones and a one liner. 2 of them complemented what I wrote in the aul profile so that's encouraging. Nothing from match.com though.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

it's either all 19 year olds or 55 year olds messaging me....I must come across as a cougar or the female version of a toyboy!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ya, the ones I got today were from 21/22 year olds, I'm 27. I went out with a 21 year old in Canada last year for a while. I'm not sure I'd go out with anyone that much younger than me again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Well, in a moment of madness I've joined OKC!
    Having fun snooping around all the profiles right now and putting off writing my own one as long as possible....

Having fun snooping around all the profiles right now and putting off writing my own one as long as possible....

Writing is fun....
    pencil2.gif
    Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Why? Your just wasting you time until up upload a photo and write a profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Things going great with the GF a few weeks in, New years was awesome,and met another friend of hers who had met her fella on POF also. Keep at it folks, its a terrible site but its worked for me :)

The girl l was talking to last night, the one my age, wants to meet up. An Irish girl asking me out is a first for me.

Still younger fellas messaging me.....HELP! Really wish I hadn't deleted my old profile last month, can't remember what I had in it and forget how to make a good one....anyone want to write it for me?! :)

The girl l was talking to last night, the one my age, wants to meet up. An Irish girl asking me out is a first for me.

Ooooh, what was that like??????????? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

newbee22 wrote: »
    Still younger fellas messaging me.....HELP! Really wish I hadn't deleted my old profile last month, can't remember what I had in it and forget how to make a good one....anyone want to write it for me?! :)
    Help my arse...You're loving the attention!;)

I must come across as immature :rolleyes: True reflection of me there so!:P Just didn't want people knowing that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Think i might be a bit older than the rest of you mid thirties here . Joined okc and pof we will wait and see . Fed up with being single so will give it a shot .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee

How do some of you lads end up getting messages from women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

How do some of you lads end up getting messages from women?

I'm hilarious :pac:

I once had an extensive profile, not one message did I get. I don't think I am ugly either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I once had an extensive profile, not one message did I get. I don't think I am ugly either :D

did you send any?

did you send any?

I sure did and got chatting to a lady, it was good. But a major lesson for me is that, if people you are chatting to suddenly drop off its because its gets boring. As far as I am concerned now, arrange for a date ASAP. What do others think?

I am signing up right now having been away from this craic for a year or two. I'm 21 and would like something to do :P

I sure did and got chatting to a lady, it was good. But a major lesson for me is that, if people you are chatting to suddenly drop off its because its gets boring. As far as I am concerned now, arrange for a date ASAP. What do others think?

I am signing up right now having been away from this craic for a year or two. I'm 21 and would like something to do :P

Interesting take on it. I would've said the drop in chat would've been more about a lack of a spark.

Interesting take on it. I would've said the drop in chat would've been more about a lack of a spark.

I am inclined to agree and thats what I am getting at I think. But has anyone here felt a "spark" through messaging?

EDIT: Maybe I am wrong on arrange a date ASAP. Imagine the pure arkwardness if there was originally no spark, jaysis.

No I think you're right, trying to arrange a date early on. because generally there's only so much you're going to have an interest in talking about over text if you haven't met the person and clicked. but how early on to do it is the next question.:)

• Advertisement

No I think you're right, trying to arrange a date early on. because generally there's only so much you're going to have an interest in talking about over text if you haven't met the person and clicked. but how early on to do it is the next question.:)

Indeed.

POF or OkCupid or both?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement