Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 OBHOB

Hi guys,

Some great results this week!
    Having an issue with motivation this week and it's really getting to me! I was up 3pounds last week when I was only 2.5 lbs away from goal, so now have 5.5lbs to go, since hearing that number i've lost all motivation! Have weigh in tonight so going to go and just hope that will push me in the right direction! Any tips of how to get through this would be greatly appreciated!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My weight dropped below 11 on my home scales this morning for the first time since my honeymoon. :D Less than a stone to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

Hi all
    just wondering do ye notice much difference between your morning weight and your evening weight?
    my weigh in is tonight but i weighed myself this morning and was down 3.5 pounds!
    Not getting too excited though, I know that I won't be down that much this evening because your body weighs less in the morning

Just wondering what people's experience was with this

Das Kitty wrote: »
    My weight dropped below 11 on my home scales this morning for the first time since my honeymoon. :D Less than a stone to go!

Well done Das Kitty, thats great, fair play to ya!

Hi all
    just wondering do ye notice much difference between your morning weight and your evening weight?
    my weigh in is tonight but i weighed myself this morning and was down 3.5 pounds!
    Not getting too excited though, I know that I won't be down that much this evening because your body weighs less in the morning

Just wondering what people's experience was with this

There's about a 2 pound difference in mine.

I take my weight as my morning weight and I do it every day and track it on Weighbot on my iPhone. So I'll know tomorrow what the difference in the morning was from Wednesday last week so I have some idea what to expect when I go to my meeting.

I weigh before bed sometimes nearly for a spoiler of what I will be in the morning. :) I love my scales. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

I lost 4lb over the course of a nights sleep some night last week!!!! I don't go 2 meetings, WI @ home and always do it 1st thing in the morning

There's about a 2 pound difference in mine.

I take my weight as my morning weight and I do it every day and track it on Weighbot on my iPhone. So I'll know tomorrow what the difference in the morning was from Wednesday last week so I have some idea what to expect when I go to my meeting.

I weigh before bed sometimes nearly for a spoiler of what I will be in the morning. :) I love my scales. :D

Ah ok, so hopefully will be down 1.5 pounds anyway, fingers crossed! Great feeling looking at the scales and seeing I am down 3.5 though :) Think I will keep that as my true weight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 westerngirl

messrs wrote: »
    are you anywhere near Clondalkin?

Im based around ranelagh at the moment but thanks for the idea. Im just going to get a class near me and get started once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Im based around ranelagh at the moment but thanks for the idea. Im just going to get a class near me and get started once and for all.

I went to a class on a wednesday evening in Rathgar and would recommend the leader and the people there. They are all really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Sts this morning:) not too bad considering I was away this weekend for birthday/anniversary celebrations... I heard my leaders voice in my head all weekend so when I ate, I made okayish choices! I skipped the hotel fry up, and had decent lunches.. When I drank I spaced it out with 2-3 pints of water!! Best thing though, which made the last few months worth it, I put on a dress and looked and felt fab;)
    Now to plan my Christmas!! No way am I messing this up, over a few chocs and mince pies!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Last year (well kinda this year!) my first WI back after Christmas, I lost 5lbs. I remember telling my leader before we broke for the hols that I would lose that much and she laughed and said I should be realistic as most people gain a few lbs. Here's a few pointers as to how I survived Christmas last year:

1. I set beforehand the days that I would allow myself off. They were Christmas Day, Stephens Day and New Years Eve. I didn't point and I allowed myself to enjoy my dinner without worrying. In saying that we never were a massive dessert family at Christmas and all I had for dessert was jelly and icecream (I'm still a child at heart ;))

2. I had more time on my hands to exercise. So I went for long walks each day.

3. Besides the days I had off, any other nights out were treated as I would on a normal WW week.

4. If you do the shopping, ask yourself do I really need to get this cake in case auntie jane or uncle john stop by. The shops all open right throughout the hols and these type of stuff are often cheaper after Christmas day. Buy what you need and if you buy extra put them in the boot of the car, up on the attic or in the shed if you can. At least then they won't be staring at you in the press :)

5. Set yourself targets. Set yourself the limit that you will allow yourself to be up on your first WI back. Or even better set yourself what you'd like to lose. If you have scales at home weigh yourself on your normal WI day so you can keep the damage to minimum!

ETA:
    6. Go on maintenance for Christmas week. Find out your points and stick to them for the week!

Sorry for the long post but they're just some things that I did last year. If I think of more I'll post them up!

Thanks so much :) this will be so helpful!!

Anybody else finding it had 2 keep hunger @bay 2day with the cold weather?? I ate the normaly do in work but came home absolutly ravenous and had to have half a pitt and some extra light philly with my 0pp soup which i normaly dont,the soup alome usualy keeps me tickin over till dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LittleMunch

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to ww and to boards, I just loved reading through all the posts and how fantastic some of the tips are.
    I just had my 2nd weigh in and I am elated.
    I have lost 7.5 lbs in week 1, and 4.5 lbs in week 2, making it a total of 12 lbs !
    I'm a third of the way to my ideal weight loss :)

I'm doing too well apparently, and need to slow down my weight loss efforts.
    But Im eating well, some days I dont use all my points, other days I do.
    At the weekends I indulge in some baking. I love baking, its what i want to do as a career, so i try and be super good all week so i can indulge a little at the weekends.
    is there anything wrong with this?

I know we all have 49 points to use for the week, but I'd be gutted if I ate them all EVERY week. hence why im super good all week so i can enjoy a few treats at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jacky73

Hi all, am new to this forum :) Started back at WW 2 weeks ago after having a massive 2 week binge and thinking 'right, got to get control over this'!.. Had great success there before a few years ago now, but like others, piled it back on over time..hopefully that won't be the case this time and will be more aware of how being older it's that much harder to shift! :)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and drop in here while I'm on the whole WW 'journey' and also want to ask a question - Does anyone have any idea how many pp's in a fig roll?...There in the press calling to me here and I've 5 pp left for today-but unfortunately I'm dense with any kind of arithmatic and CANNOT work out stuff per 100g's etc and then each per biscuit.. I know, it's shameful :/ So does anyone know or can anyone direct me to where I'd find out? ~Thanks a mill in advance for any help.

J
    p.s. lost 5.5lb in the first weigh in last week, first week is usually easy to shift a good bit though especially if you've been bingeing prior to it! ;)

EDIT: Ok, I'm a total numpty-just discovered on the pack they give the info per biscuit...doh... so if anyone wants to know, jacobs fig rolls are 2pp's each :) (and I just had 3, having had points left!)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

EDIT: Ok, I'm a total numpty-just discovered on the pack they give the info per biscuit...doh... so if anyone wants to know, jacobs fig rolls are 2pp's each smile.gif (and I just had 3, having had points left!)

Just make sure you add the NI for 3 fig-rolls and then point it.

Down 1 this morning! Happy days! Down a total of 10lbs in 7weeks, really hoping to get the stone off before xmas!!

Danii86 wrote: »
    Down 1 this morning! Happy days! Down a total of 10lbs in 7weeks, really hoping to get the stone off before xmas!!

Well done, that is great going!

was down 0.5 pounds last night
    lesson learned DO NOT weigh myself in the morning
    was disappointed because I was 3.5 down in the morning time
    was so disheartened I didn't bother staying for the meeting
    finding it so hard to lose the last half stone, even though its only 3 pounds to go i feel like it is a struggle, going on 6 months now

back in the game today though, onwards and downwards, must keep going!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all,

Does anyone know how many pp are in white pudding?
    We have it at work for brekkie and it's quite a big portion and I tend to have it since it's full of protein, just not sure how to point it exactly so been pointing it at 5pp.

Thanks!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

Hi all, can anyone recommend a meal in Wagamama that isn't outlandish in terms of points?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

FewToLose wrote: »
    Hi all, can anyone recommend a meal in Wagamama that isn't outlandish in terms of points?

Thanks!

Ramen bowls are usually a good bet, and delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jellorous

I went to my third weight in yesterday and I lost 3.5 pounds! woohoo! That brings my total to 11.5 pounds! So absolutely delighted! If anyone's just starting out don't give up, it feels so great when you step on the scale and know all of your hard work during the week has paid off! And now people are starting to notice and I'm getting a lot of compliments which is also great motivation! :)

I think I might be getting shin splints though so I'm kinda worried about next week if I can't run and play basketball! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

Ramen bowls are usually a good bet, and delicious.

Thanks! Do you know the points value, roughly?

dammitj wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know how many pp are in white pudding?
    We have it at work for brekkie and it's quite a big portion and I tend to have it since it's full of protein, just not sure how to point it exactly so been pointing it at 5pp.

Thanks!

:D

I got this from an old thread for you. I love Black Pudding and Clonakilty is yum!

Originally Posted by hockeysticks
    I emailed Clonakilty black pudding and asked for the nutritional value of their black pudding ..here is what they sent me:

Black Pudding :- the average energy values per 100g of product is 1321Kj
    / 317 kcal's. In simple terms, there is ~ 22g of Fat per 100g of product
    --->>> 7 points per 100g
    White Pudding :- the average energy values per 100g of product is 1019Kj
    /244 kcal's. In simple terms, there is ~ 14g of Fat per 100g of product.

>>> 5 points per 100g

Hope this helps

Down one pound this week.. I am going so well and do not want my holidays in a week and a half to ruin it so I'm going down to 26pp a day + weeklies for the next week and a half and then again between been home and Christmas day. Hope it works.. its only a matter of not having my snax or curly wurly for a week n if i do take it out of my weeklies! Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Down one pound this week.. I am going so well and do not want my holidays in a week and a half to ruin it so I'm going down to 26pp a day + weeklies for the next week and a half and then again between been home and Christmas day. Hope it works.. its only a matter of not having my snax or curly wurly for a week n if i do take it out of my weeklies! Fingers crossed!!

Thanks for the info on the pudding! Don't think it's 100g so I might be safe enough with the 5pp - I'm still losing weight so I can't be too far off I guess!

Is it not a bad idea to reduce your dailies? I was under the impression that WW set 29pp as the minimum so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and hang onto fat?

I had a friend who was eating too little and couldn't lose weight, when she went to WW she got to goal in no time so is delighted with herself now :)

dammitj wrote: »
    Thanks for the info on the pudding! Don't think it's 100g so I might be safe enough with the 5pp - I'm still losing weight so I can't be too far off I guess!

Is it not a bad idea to reduce your dailies? I was under the impression that WW set 29pp as the minimum so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and hang onto fat?

I had a friend who was eating too little and couldn't lose weight, when she went to WW she got to goal in no time so is delighted with herself now :)

From the weightwatchers.co.uk site

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=54911&sc=3010

Most online users pro points were reduced latley so i am just going to try it out see if it helps me cope with Lanzarote with it been so close to christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Tonight is my weigh in.....last week I STS and was very disappointed, given how well behaved I had been for the week. My leader put it down to the fact that I run a lot and was probably retaining fluid.
    So I've started taking apple cider vinegar, hope it helps!!

I weighed myself at home this morning and was down 2 pounds. If I see no difference at the meeting tonight, I might start doing this from my own scales in the mornings. I dont want to pay a weekly fee to become demotivated :(. I just seem to bloat more in the evenings for some reason.

Is not going to a meeting the first step to falling off the wagon?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jellorous

poconnor16 wrote: »

I weighed myself at home this morning and was down 2 pounds. If I see no difference at the meeting tonight, I might start doing this from my own scales in the mornings. I dont want to pay a weekly fee to become demotivated :(. I just seem to bloat more in the evenings for some reason.

Is not going to a meeting the first step to falling off the wagon?

I would say to stick to the meetings. I always see different weights on my scale when I weigh myself at home and in the meetings. When I weighed myself at home yesterday it said I was 13 st 6 pounds but in WW they said I was 13 st 10.5 pounds. I don't know why this is because I couldn't possibly put on 4 and a half pounds of food/bloating in that short amount of time! But even though the scales show different things I do get motivation from everyone else in the class! Just my opinion but I'd say to stick with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Jellorous wrote: »
    I would say to stick to the meetings. I always see different weights on my scale when I weigh myself at home and in the meetings. When I weighed myself at home yesterday it said I was 13 st 6 pounds but in WW they said I was 13 st 10.5 pounds. I don't know why this is because I couldn't possibly put on 4 and a half pounds of food/bloating in that short amount of time! But even though the scales show different things I do get motivation from everyone else in the class! Just my opinion but I'd say to stick with them.

Yeah, to be fair I was so browned off last week that if I hadn't stayed I would have gone home and drowned in a bag of Doritos (large!). But from staying, I did calm down my emotions and was offered some tips.

Another suggestion was to look at this monthly - and this will be a month tonight. 5.5 lbs so far and anything additional would be fab!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement