Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fifi2

Hi all!! Happy Friday. Ok so ive finally decided to join WW. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good class in Dublin South area? I know all classes are supposed to be the same but i think a good leader makes a difference.
    Maybe im wrong?? Thanks in advance x

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Hope everyone has had a good week so far! I'm heading out for a few tonight (cant wait!) so will be a little hungover tomorrow and will no doubt have the munchies.

I plan on using the reminder of my 49 weekly to cover this, and I want to plan ahead for it.

So - what do you all munch on after a night out??? :)

I'm thinking of getting a WW pizza for the savoury factory and maybe a dessert for the sweet?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

Male or Female?

I cant find the link i had to an online calc, if you look through this thread i have posted it before I am at work so can't go through it for you sorry.

No bother will do thanks anyways ! This thread is great. it has everything on it!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Hope everyone has had a good week so far! I'm heading out for a few tonight (cant wait!) so will be a little hungover tomorrow and will no doubt have the munchies.

I plan on using the reminder of my 49 weekly to cover this, and I want to plan ahead for it.

I'm thinking of getting a WW pizza for the savoury factory and maybe a dessert for the sweet?
    for dessert try a frozen aero mousse at only 3 pro points. . just like chocolate ice cream without the guilty feeling. . its so rich and creamy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

poconnor16 wrote: »

The WW desserts are really nice and range from 2 - 5PP. If you are getting the WW pizza, organise a low PP side dish to go with it as I personally do not find just the pizza filling enough.

If I am trying to be good, I would have a nice fry for brunch (fried egg, 2 toast, 1/2 tin beans) and then I would make sure there are low PP snacks in the press (2PP crisps, WW bars, curly wurly, WW sweets). At least if you do snack, it will be low in PP. When bold (usually because there is nothing in the house and I am not prepared) it would be a roll with sausages and for the evening a takeaway. So the key is to be prepared! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Anyone know the PP values for an 8oz fillet steak??

Jewow wrote: »
    Anyone know the PP values for an 8oz fillet steak??

The points per 100g should be in your purple pocket guide. Sorry, don't have mine to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

100g of. Fillet steak is 4pp I think and that's approx 4oz so 8oz should be 8pp

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Started WW myself there last week. Am 15 st 3. Would like to make it to 14st. Using the points thing is a real eye opener. Had to kick the sugar in my coffee, I drink alot of coffee. Put me over 2 days on the trot. The supermarker shop was a bit borig this week. And I don't really eat fruit, and need to be able to snack on it, to keep me away from the nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

fifi2 wrote: »
    Hi all!! Happy Friday. Ok so ive finally decided to join WW. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good class in Dublin South area? I know all classes are supposed to be the same but i think a good leader makes a difference.
    Maybe im wrong?? Thanks in advance x

are you anywhere near Clondalkin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 coatsie

Having reached my goal in weight watchers recently, my problem is not being able to take my foot off the pedal:confused: 7lb extra off and afraid to enjoy myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

coatsie wrote: »
    Having reached my goal in weight watchers recently, my problem is not being able to take my foot off the pedal:confused: 7lb extra off and afraid to enjoy myself.

I'm the same, including the 7lbs extra off. I was out for a meal tonight, and I know that I'll be trying to 'make-up' for it until next weigh-in, even though I probably didn't even reach using all my 49 PPs. (But I enjoyed every mouthful!!!)

coatsie wrote: »
    Elliejo wrote: »
    I'm the same, including the 7lbs extra off. I was out for a meal tonight, and I know that I'll be trying to 'make-up' for it until next weigh-in, even though I probably didn't even reach using all my 49 PPs. (But I enjoyed every mouthful!!!)

Gosh, wish I had your problems :) I struggle to not use my 49PP, sometimes even dipping into my activity points :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Down a lb this week :) I would love 2lbs this week but I need to up my exercise as I've done none the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dancingirl

Hi all, Im so delighted Ive found ye. Been on this forum before an decided to join as member now. Great seeing all your comments. Always thought was pity WW didnt have forum like UK site, Anyways no need now-ye all here. :) Joined WW three wks ago an 5lbs down so really hopin for silver 7 on Thurs night- gotta get movin so far very little exercise done but gotta get ass in gear this wk. How ye find motivation these dark days?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Fungums wrote: »
    No bother will do thanks anyways ! This thread is great. it has everything on it!!

Better late than never http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/Daily-Propoints-Target-Calculator.php

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hey all, hope everyone had a good weekend :) got my second stone Friday morning, delighted with myself :D

so as everyone knows Christmas is barrelling down the road and the mince pies have started appearing in the biscuit tin! As this is my first Christmas doing weightwatchers I'm just wondering how some of the veterans (:P) deal with it? Like do people just forget about points for the week and make up for it after or do they try and stick to it to some extent? Just trying to figure out early how I'm gonna deal with it coz I love love love Christmas and don't want to be stressing out about what I'm gonna do when I could be getting excited instead :D

(sorry for the long post btw, couldn't figure out a shorter way to say what I wanted to :D)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

does anyone have any idea how many points are in the pub size bottle of west coast cooler

Happy monday all!! Had an off the scales victory over the wEekend....had bought a pair of size 12 jeans a few months ago and they wouldn't even come up my thighs when I got them....tried them yesterday morning and they were like a glove on me!!!!wooohooo

• Advertisement

Danii86 wrote: »
    Happy monday all!! Had an off the scales victory over the wEekend....had bought a pair of size 12 jeans a few months ago and they wouldn't even come up my thighs when I got them....tried them yesterday morning and they were like a glove on me!!!!wooohooo

Wahoo go you!! I'm back in my Christmas dresses from 3 years ago! Like a whole new wardrobe!

Hey guys less than two weeks till my hols!! Lanzarote Then home for Christmas can't wait for it all... Trying to think food wise though don't want to undo my progress any tips for 3weeks of temptation?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Keep the tracker is my advice. I'm not planning to stay within my points over Christmas week, however I will track everything. It's my way of minimising damage and to stop those roses getting popped indiscriminately into my mouth.

If I were off to Lanzarote I'd make sure to eat lots and lots of fruit and veg as well.

audman wrote: »
    does anyone have any idea how many points are in the pub size bottle of west coast cooler

5PP as per Skinny Doll's Blog.
    Niamh94 wrote: »
    Hey all, hope everyone had a good weekend :) got my second stone Friday morning, delighted with myself :D

so as everyone knows Christmas is barrelling down the road and the mince pies have started appearing in the biscuit tin! As this is my first Christmas doing weightwatchers I'm just wondering how some of the veterans (:P) deal with it? Like do people just forget about points for the week and make up for it after or do they try and stick to it to some extent? Just trying to figure out early how I'm gonna deal with it coz I love love love Christmas and don't want to be stressing out about what I'm gonna do when I could be getting excited instead :D

(sorry for the long post btw, couldn't figure out a shorter way to say what I wanted to :D)

I started weightwatchers last November and I had planned for Christmas to point and stay on track. But once Christmas Day came, that went out the window. So this year, I am going to try and be good every other day, like when I have nothing on, i'll be good, but at our work christmas party and christmas day etc, I am going to let myself have what I want, within reason.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Keep the tracker is my advice. I'm not planning to stay within my points over Christmas week, however I will track everything. It's my way of minimising damage and to stop those roses getting popped indiscriminately into my mouth.

If I were off to Lanzarote I'd make sure to eat lots and lots of fruit and veg as well.

My plan was kinda to maybe buy cereal over there n keep in apt for breakfast fill up on fruit n salad for lunch n enjoy my dinner at night while still making the good choices.

Or maybe try the filling and healty plan that week.

Only problem is if its anything like gran canaria the measues in the pub will be about 8pp for vodka instead of the 3pp here the just throw the bottle in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

Hi All,

I was just wondering would anyone be able to help me with the propoints for a panini I had today

It had chicken, swiss cheese, roasted peppers and sweet chili sauce.

I pointed it at 13 but am wondering if it is more than this

Thanks!

Oh on a happy note, I got the ww pedometer last week. I never realised how much I moved before. Saturday was so rainy and miserable outside but I managed to accumulate 6 activity points just by doing the shopping and some housework :-) That explains my weight loss some weeks when I thought I went over, the activity points I didn't know existed saved me

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Hi all,
    Well after been up last week by .5lb and blaming the exercise it paid off this week when I was down 3lbs... bringing my total loss to 2 stone 1.5lb in 15 weeks. It also meant that I reached my target of a stone gone by xmas. I'm absolutely delighted. :D Now just to keep it off....!! Still have a few more pounds I'd like to lose yet though.
    But the most important thing I want to say is I couldnt have done it with out all of ye... logging on here every day and reading all ye're posts has really helped me on my weight loss journey.. Thanks you guys! Keep up the good work!!

Best of luck to everyone this week... If we all have good weeks coming up to xmas it'll make xmas soooo much better been able to fit into nice clothes! :D

audi02 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Well after been up last week by .5lb and blaming the exercise it paid off this week when I was down 3lbs... bringing my total loss to 2 stone 1.5lb in 15 weeks. It also meant that I reached my target of a stone gone by xmas. I'm absolutely delighted. :D Now just to keep it off....!! Still have a few more pounds I'd like to lose yet though.
    But the most important thing I want to say is I couldnt have done it with out all of ye... logging on here every day and reading all ye're posts has really helped me on my weight loss journey.. Thanks you guys! Keep up the good work!!

Best of luck to everyone this week... If we all have good weeks coming up to xmas it'll make xmas soooo much better been able to fit into nice clothes! :D

Oh wow well done you thats a fantastic loss, you must be so thrilled and proud of yourself!!
    Thats my kind of thinking 4 the build up to christmas, try be really good in the weeks leading up and then be able to splurge a bit when it comes around! Myself and my mum are getin all our prep work done, afternoons spent makin chutneys and decorating cakes etc. Very little of what were making aint very WW friendly but wev decided to try not binge and just have little bits of what we like rather than depriving ourselves!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

Thanks a mil:D, spent half an hour going thru the treads and just gave up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Last year (well kinda this year!) my first WI back after Christmas, I lost 5lbs. I remember telling my leader before we broke for the hols that I would lose that much and she laughed and said I should be realistic as most people gain a few lbs. Here's a few pointers as to how I survived Christmas last year:

1. I set beforehand the days that I would allow myself off. They were Christmas Day, Stephens Day and New Years Eve. I didn't point and I allowed myself to enjoy my dinner without worrying. In saying that we never were a massive dessert family at Christmas and all I had for dessert was jelly and icecream (I'm still a child at heart ;))

2. I had more time on my hands to exercise. So I went for long walks each day.

3. Besides the days I had off, any other nights out were treated as I would on a normal WW week.

4. If you do the shopping, ask yourself do I really need to get this cake in case auntie jane or uncle john stop by. The shops all open right throughout the hols and these type of stuff are often cheaper after Christmas day. Buy what you need and if you buy extra put them in the boot of the car, up on the attic or in the shed if you can. At least then they won't be staring at you in the press :)

5. Set yourself targets. Set yourself the limit that you will allow yourself to be up on your first WI back. Or even better set yourself what you'd like to lose. If you have scales at home weigh yourself on your normal WI day so you can keep the damage to minimum!

ETA:
    6. Go on maintenance for Christmas week. Find out your points and stick to them for the week!

Sorry for the long post but they're just some things that I did last year. If I think of more I'll post them up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement