Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FewToLose wrote: »
    Thanks! Do you know the points value, roughly?

I don't, but I'll check my eating out book when I get home and let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

dammitj wrote: »
    Is it not a bad idea to reduce your dailies? I was under the impression that WW set 29pp as the minimum so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and hang onto fat?

WW have made changes to the propoint system over the last few weeks. They were implemented in the UK last week and will be implemented here in Jan if there are no problems in the UK. The main change is that everyone's dailies will be dropped by 3 points so the minimum is now 26. Weeklies are still 49. Its because there have been complaints that people weren't losing on propoints so they're hoping this will rectify it.

Jellorous wrote: »
    I couldn't possibly put on 4 and a half pounds of food/bloating in that short amount of time!

A 4lb change during the day is not that impossible. You can drop 2lbs alone after going to the bathroom! In the morning you haven't eaten or drank anything for at least 8 hours and it depends on your clothes as well. You should either take your morning weight or your evening weight but you shouldn't compare the 2 as you're not comparing like with like :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Down another pound this week. Great stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Down another pound this week. Great stuff!

Well done, you're doing brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

I bought the one cal spray the chinese spices version thinking it would heat up my stir fry, WORST thing i ever bought. the smell off it was completely disgusting! and its all over my kitchen now :mad: :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Jellorous

Eabhabear wrote: »

A 4lb change during the day is not that impossible. You can drop 2lbs alone after going to the bathroom! In the morning you haven't eaten or drank anything for at least 8 hours and it depends on your clothes as well. You should either take your morning weight or your evening weight but you shouldn't compare the 2 as you're not comparing like with like :)

Oh yea I know I only really go by my morning weight.. cuz that's the lower one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Eabhabear wrote: »
    WW have made changes to the propoint system over the last few weeks. They were implemented in the UK last week and will be implemented here in Jan if there are no problems in the UK. The main change is that everyone's dailies will be dropped by 3 points so the minimum is now 26. Weeklies are still 49. Its because there have been complaints that people weren't losing on propoints so they're hoping this will rectify it.

It seems like only people on 29 points drop by 3 points. I'm in ww in the UK and it looks like people on more than 29 points don't drop anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

:):):):)
    I got my first Silver 7 and I'm so happy. Down another 2 lbs last night which was great.
    Thanks for the tips earlier on how to handle the munchies, I think that was my saving grace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

Hi All,
    just wondering how many points is in a regular skinny cappuccino? I was putting it down as 2 but then i saw that a tall one is that so was wondering if it just 1PP?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 OBHOB

Hi All,
    just wondering how many points is in a regular skinny cappuccino? I was putting it down as 2 but then i saw that a tall one is that so was wondering if it just 1PP?

Thanks

I pointed the insomnia regular sized cappuccino made with low fat milk at 2pp from their website, but am open to correction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

agrif06 wrote: »
    It seems like only people on 29 points drop by 3 points. I'm in ww in the UK and it looks like people on more than 29 points don't drop anything!

I'm not a member of the Uk one but i spend every lunch time lurking on there for tips etc and from what I know its only ppl on 29 who were struggling to lose that are recommended to go down you can choose 26 27 or 28.. I am only doing it pre hols and will be back on 29pp after Christmas!!

By the way for recapies etc def have a look on that site, there are a few girls over there who have came up with "fakeaways" so home-made take away they sound YUM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭briscotti

I joined WW last week, being 15st 8lbs at my first meeting.
    I am on an allowance of 36 pro points a day but am having a bit of a :confused: -
    I lost 3 lbs in my first week after trying very hard (long walks, v.healthy food, small portions - but had a blow out at the weekend including a bottle of wine, a chocolate brownie on friday night, and chocolate milk and a chocolate pudding on sat).

I'm eating a big bowl of porridge every morning, made with water, with a banana and a small box of raisins. This totals 5 points and completely fills me up til lunch. I don't even think about snacks, so this is doing me a huge favour.

For lunch today, I had a WW microwaveable pasta chicken thing which was 9 points, followed by a Curly Wurly which is 3.

Daily total so far is 17 and it's 2pm. I will be home at 8pm tonight and usually have a dinner with lots of salad.

My problem is I have 19 points left to use for my dinner - which is ridiculously high? am I doing something wrong? I'm a bit confused... have I been given too many points? am I not eating right? Tips / Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

briscotti wrote: »
    I joined WW last week, being 15st 8lbs at my first meeting.
    I am on an allowance of 36 pro points a day but am having a bit of a :confused: -
    I lost 3 lbs in my first week after trying very hard (long walks, v.healthy food, small portions - but had a blow out at the weekend including a bottle of wine, a chocolate brownie on friday night, and chocolate milk and a chocolate pudding on sat).

I'm eating a big bowl of porridge every morning, made with water, with a banana and a small box of raisins. This totals 5 points and completely fills me up til lunch. I don't even think about snacks, so this is doing me a huge favour.

For lunch today, I had a WW microwaveable pasta chicken thing which was 9 points, followed by a Curly Wurly which is 3.

Daily total so far is 17 and it's 2pm. I will be home at 8pm tonight and usually have a dinner with lots of salad.

My problem is I have 19 points left to use for my dinner - which is ridiculously high? am I doing something wrong? I'm a bit confused... have I been given too many points? am I not eating right? Tips / Suggestions?

I would imagine you could up your breakfast a bit. Do you like yoghurts? Milk? Add in extra protein. Are you counting in the milk you use every day in your tea/coffee?

For breakfast if you used 50g of porridge, 1 tbsp raisins and then possibly a yoghurt, that would be 8

You could have a skinny cappuccino for 2 mid morning.

If your not eating anything between breakfast and lunch you could squeeze in a couple

Lunch if averaging about 12 like you said

Milk for day 2 - which is what I use 200ml

Then that would leave you with 12 for dinner, which is a good amount. Maybe cut back a little on the salad if you are using it instead of pro points. I would up the protein a little as this seems to work for a good few people and if your only having 40g pasta up it to 60g? My only advice from doing it so long is to not use up points on snacking and junk as such (well like choc biscuits or crisps) but to up your healthy and filling things like protein and carbs.

Hope that helps a little

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Hi everyone, started weightwatchers a week ago, had my first weigh in last night and lost 5 so Im delighted. Just wondering does anyone know of anywhere to actually buy the ww cook books or could ye recommend a particular book? I want to keep making different meals so I dont get bored! any advice is welcome x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Down 3.5, am now exactly 14 stone for the first time in over 7 years - happy out!! long way to go but these little milestones are great x

• Registered Users Posts: 14 purdy nolan

Down 3.5, am now exactly 14 stone for the first time in over 7 years - happy out!! long way to go but these little milestones are great x

Well done...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jacky73

Week 2 - down another 1.5lb so 7lbs altogether, silver star for me :D *beams*... just have to keep it up now!

I might do the 26 points the week running up to christmas, so then I might get away with the extras at christmas... (going to have what I want on the day..a fry up Stephens' Day, then back to normal) :pac: nom nom

Hi everyone, started weightwatchers a week ago, had my first weigh in last night and lost 5 so Im delighted. Just wondering does anyone know of anywhere to actually buy the ww cook books or could ye recommend a particular book? I want to keep making different meals so I dont get bored! any advice is welcome x

Hi, saw some of the books in dubary bookshop in galway the otherday so id assume you could get them in easons or a big bookshop
    then again assumptions are the failure of the human race!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

down four pounds in two weeks yipee. . doin it myself at home and delighted with myself.its not easy when your working a night shift and your sleep pattern is all over the place but im determined.just wondering if any of you find you lose more weight if you don't use your weeklies. .

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Morning all! I was doing great until yesterday morning! I fell about 6-7 steps down the stairs (running in my socks=bad idea) so now I'm in bits, apart from being winded for about 10 mins I've bashed my elbow, my neck hurts like whiplash and I've a huge lump with a few nasty bruises on my back. It hurts to drive and walk and any weight on my right leg hurts:( I still had to go to work though and had no one to relieve me til 4... I was so flustered I forgot my lunch so the crisps and sweets won in the shop I work in.. I was determined to have a sweet free week but I felt so miserable and sorry for myself I caved in.. So that was my Thursday! Today I have lunch and soup and those sweets can get lost today.. I'm still very sore and limping but I'm back on track.. The pride is very sore too... I'd give out to the kids for running in socks :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

audman wrote: »
    down four pounds in two weeks yipee. . doin it myself at home and delighted with myself.its not easy when your working a night shift and your sleep pattern is all over the place but im determined.just wondering if any of you find you lose more weight if you don't use your weeklies. .

I find the less weeklies I use the more I lose but it seems to be different for everyone.. You might have to try it and see how it works.... If you are flat out exercising you'll need all your dailies and weeklies...

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Have a peek on Amazon - loads in there. Just make sure they are recent (have the pro points as opposed to the old points system) and that they are genuine WW.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

Hey everyone,

Its been a while decided to come back here. Have been at goal since July (12st 11lb down to 10st 11lb). Was 3.5lb above my goal at my meeting yesterday so im back trying to track and not eat crap, I was getting away with it for a while so its time to kicks its ass before Ive put too much weight back on.

Oh and WW have a new book just out, looks good from the flick through I had, nice hardbound so would make a nice present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows how many pro-points are in wraps? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dancingirl

Had weigh-in last night an down 1lb -that's 6lbs in five wks. I know its slow but my leader says slow an steady is ok too? lady beside me lost 5lbs on her first wk tell ya cant wait for silver seven been a long time coming-so fingers crossed next wk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

FewToLose wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows how many pro-points are in wraps? Thanks!

Just the wrap plain can be 4/5 pp depending on the size and brand. The ol del paso small ones are 4 pp.

hey just wondering if anyone has an idea as to how many points are in chicken with black pepper sauce from the chinese? dying to get one but wondering if its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Fungums wrote: »
    hey just wondering if anyone has an idea as to how many points are in chicken with black pepper sauce from the chinese? dying to get one but wondering if its worth it.

Chicken with black pepper sauce isn't on this list, but the skinny doll blog has the propoints value for a lot of chinese dishes, so it may help http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/sweet.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

Hi all new here back at WW for umpteenth time! First weigh in on weds down 2lbs. Query can you use activity points on additional food? Thanks

Forgot to say going to my husbands christmas party tonight and worried that I will not be able to figure out the points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 dietdiva

Anyone know where I can find the ww sausages in Carlow or kilkenny.?I'm always on the lookout for them but havnt seen them in months.
    Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement