Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Hi all,

I'm currently down 5.5 lbs on my weight watchers journey and am loving the programme since the new pro points system came on board!

I have a concern though. I'm a runner - at the moment, my mileage is quite low due to the time of year (not many races on) and also to give myself a chance to adjust to the new eating regime. At present, I clocking up about 10 miles a week (3/4 3 mile runs). If I attempt to go beyond this, say a 6 mile run and I am shattered!!

After xmas I plan on training for a 10 miler....so lots of long endurance runs. While on my 29 points, I'm not sure if I will be able to do this. But I dont want to 'carb up' and go over my points allowance either.

Any weight watchers runners out there that might offer advice on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm currently down 5.5 lbs on my weight watchers journey and am loving the programme since the new pro points system came on board!

I have a concern though. I'm a runner - at the moment, my mileage is quite low due to the time of year (not many races on) and also to give myself a chance to adjust to the new eating regime. At present, I clocking up about 10 miles a week (3/4 3 mile runs). If I attempt to go beyond this, say a 6 mile run and I am shattered!!

After xmas I plan on training for a 10 miler....so lots of long endurance runs. While on my 29 points, I'm not sure if I will be able to do this. But I dont want to 'carb up' and go over my points allowance either.

Any weight watchers runners out there that might offer advice on this?

I'm assuming you'll be fine. I would say however to eat all of your 49 and maybe if your doing alot eat some of the activity points. I was doing 2 runs a week each of them were 8k. I wasn't losing or eating my 49 and my leader said I wasn't eating enough for all the exercise. I was also doing swimming and Zumba. Too much of a being over good can go against you. TBH it's going to trial and error for you. I've been on this journey a good while and you have to figure out what suits your body. For me I found it best to go in the morning before my brekkie, so banana before my run and breakfast when I got back. That's what suited me. And ahem I haven't been for a run in 4 weeks now so this conversation is making me feel really guilty :)

Thanks MaggieMay2, yeah maybe I should use the 49 on the day before a long run. It just means using them for good food as opposed to a bottle of wine and a pizza :D no harm!

I'm not worried about my short runs (anything under 10k/6 miles). Its the longer ones I'm dreading managing! I dont want to go back down the road of over eating because I was running, that's how I ended up being overweight! Its a common misconception that you can eat what you want when you run.....not the case at all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thanks MaggieMay2, yeah maybe I should use the 49 on the day before a long run. It just means using them for good food as opposed to a bottle of wine and a pizza :D no harm!

I'm not worried about my short runs (anything under 10k/6 miles). Its the longer ones I'm dreading managing! I dont want to go back down the road of over eating because I was running, that's how I ended up being overweight! Its a common misconception that you can eat what you want when you run.....not the case at all.

I'm not sure what you need to eat for running, but you should definitely give your body what it needs for your running. Could you ask your leader for advice. If I were doing long and strenuous runs I would certainly be adding exercise points. There are runners here on this forum, maybe if you started a thread looking for advice on the best foods to eat to supplement your running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Hm, I always found my Salter Digital Scales excellent. Is yours analog or digital? If it's a digital one try changing the batteries. There are also WW branded ones you can get. Argos is a good place to look from my experience.

They were excellent until they went. I've only had them since Jan :mad: I've changed the battery so that's not it.What Salter one do you have? I've been looking at another one on argos which I might get. I really need a good one because I've decided not to go to meetings until after Christmas because I have exams coming up so I want to focus on them while taking the weight loss at my own loss.

• Advertisement

Eabhabear wrote: »
    They were excellent until they went. I've only had them since Jan :mad: I've changed the battery so that's not it.What Salter one do you have? I've been looking at another one on argos which I might get. I really need a good one because I've decided not to go to meetings until after Christmas because I have exams coming up so I want to focus on them while taking the weight loss at my own loss.

If you only have it since January it might still be in Warranty, where did you buy it? I'll have to look at what I have when I get home, I have long since lost the box. I have it about 5 years and it hasn't acted up once.

If you only have it since January it might still be in Warranty, where did you buy it? I'll have to look at what I have when I get home, I have long since lost the box. I have it about 5 years and it hasn't acted up once.

I got it in Argos but I don't have the receipt for it anymore so I'm not sure if they'll do anything about it? Thanks I have one that I have my eye on so I might just get that one.

I got it in Argos but I don't have the receipt for it anymore so I'm not sure if they'll do anything about it? Thanks I have one that I have my eye on so I might just get that one.

You might still have some recourse if it's faulty though. You could email Salter and chance it. Could be worth a try.

I'm not sure what you need to eat for running, but you should definitely give your body what it needs for your running. Could you ask your leader for advice. If I were doing long and strenuous runs I would certainly be adding exercise points. There are runners here on this forum, maybe if you started a thread looking for advice on the best foods to eat to supplement your running?

My leader suggested giving myself the extra by using my 49 points the day before to give extra fuel so I might try that.
    I dont think I would post outside this forum, as I'm not looking for alternative diets. Last time I asked something similar I had low carb suggested etc....tried and failed! WW all the way.

What I do know from my experience is exercise is the business to shift those pounds so get walking as much as you can peeps! (Or running if you fancy it :))

My leader suggested giving myself the extra by using my 49 points the day before to give extra fuel so I might try that.
    I dont think I would post outside this forum, as I'm not looking for alternative diets. Last time I asked something similar I had low carb suggested etc....tried and failed! WW all the way.

What I do know from my experience is exercise is the business to shift those pounds so get walking as much as you can peeps! (Or running if you fancy it :))

I didn't mean alternate diets though, just suggestions for what kinds of foods are good for running energy. Any food can fit into the WW plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

Hey, started WW on monday with the new propoints, am finding it great. Just wondering if anyone could do up my points as i havent had a chance to go to a meeting yet. Im 15st 8 and 5'8

Well, randomly, I was down 1.5 today.

I'm astonished!

I didn't mean alternate diets though, just suggestions for what kinds of foods are good for running energy. Any food can fit into the WW plan.

Will do, will see what comes back.

In other news, weighed in last night and lost nothing. Very disheartening when I've worked hard this week.:(
    But today is a new today, and a new start so going to make this a kick as week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Confession time - didn't go to my meeting last week. Wasn't going to go tonight either but my friend just rang me and gave me a kick up the bum - I've worked too hard to get this far just to put it all back on again, so I'm going, and I'll post when I come home.

Best of luck to anyone else with WI today x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 emmakeogh82

Hi All,

Is Canderel sweetners 0 pro points, no mater how many you use in a day??
    I would use 2 in my morning cup of tea and another 2 in my evening cup of tea.
    Do i have to point this?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Confession time - didn't go to my meeting last week. Wasn't going to go tonight either but my friend just rang me and gave me a kick up the bum - I've worked too hard to get this far just to put it all back on again, so I'm going, and I'll post when I come home.

Best of luck to anyone else with WI today x

Best thing you could do. I skipped a week and it allows you to go off track as your not answerable. Best to know where you stand!! Good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Fungums wrote: »
    Hey, started WW on monday with the new propoints, am finding it great. Just wondering if anyone could do up my points as i havent had a chance to go to a meeting yet. Im 15st 8 and 5'8

Male or Female?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

Fungums wrote: »

Male or Female?

Female, sorry forgot to mention that part ha

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

had a really hard week and really struggled with my motivation but i stuck to the plan. i went to the gym i did a kettle bell class i didnt go over my points i ate most of my weeklys (not all but most) and was so pleased with
    myself by the time weigh in came expecting to be down at least 2 pounds

i got on the scales this morning and my leader say 'half a pound" well i was gutted to only lose a half after all that work untill i heard her say "up".... half a pound UP... guttted isnt even the word for it. she saw my face and gave me the usual oh im sure its just water retention and what time of the month is it ect but it didnt help i went through my tracker when i was waiting for the class to start and id tracked everything proper (i weigh all my food) i had all my treats written in so i have no idea what went wrong

i wanted to just drown my sorrows in food.. but i didnt. and stuck to todays plan but im still gutted

i know some people here have been up after a really good week so how have you all coped with it? what can i do diferntly for next week... how do i improve my diminishing motivation?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Hi All,

Is Canderel sweetners 0 pro points, no mater how many you use in a day??
    I would use 2 in my morning cup of tea and another 2 in my evening cup of tea.
    Do i have to point this?

They are 0pp. I just checked on ww.co.uk and entered 100 tablets and it still came up as 0pp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

layviae wrote: »
    had a really hard week and really struggled with my motivation but i stuck to the plan. i went to the gym i did a kettle bell class i didnt go over my points i ate most of my weeklys (not all but most) and was so pleased with

i got on the scales this morning and my leader say 'half a pound" well i was gutted to only lose a half after all that work untill i heard her say "up".... half a pound UP... guttted isnt even the word for it. she saw my face and gave me the usual oh im sure its just water retention and what time of the month is it ect but it didnt help i went through my tracker when i was waiting for the class to start and id tracked everything proper (i weigh all my food) i had all my treats written in so i have no idea what went wrong

i wanted to just drown my sorrows in food.. but i didnt. and stuck to todays plan but im still gutted

i know some people here have been up after a really good week so how have you all coped with it? what can i do diferntly for next week... how do i improve my diminishing motivation?

Give it another week, you will probably have a massive weight loss next week! The worst thing you can do is just give up. If you have another disappointment next week maybe you could ask your leader to have a look at your tracker and she might be able to advise you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Best thing you could do. I skipped a week and it allows you to go off track as your not answerable. Best to know where you stand!! Good luck x

Went tonight, was up 2lbs. Was expecting it to be an awful lot worse because I really lost my mojo for the two weeks, and there were a LOT of nights out and takeaways - delighted to be honest, 2lbs I can do, back on track for my Christmas goal now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Hi everyone! Haven't posted here in ages!
    I haven't been at a meeting in ages, I haven't fallen off the wagon , far from it, more determined than ever! After my disastrous August and September of exercising and eating right and losing nothing, I have changed my exercise plan again! Hoping to be in the mid 11s when I next weigh myself, I was 12 the last tiime I weighed in, a long way from the 17st 10 I was in January, just some advice for those losing faith, if you aren't losing for weeks on end change the exercise routine, it's worked for me!

In other news, weighed in last night and lost nothing. Very disheartening when I've worked hard this week.:(
    layviae wrote: »

Don't be disheartened. If you've done a lot of exercising it can take your body a few days to catch up. Your body doesn't work Weds to Weds (or whatever day you WI). Keep up what you are doing and it will definitely show. Make sure you're eating enough to counteract the exercise. If you aren't eating enough it can cause you to plateau.

I've made some major changes the last 2 weeks. I've decided not to go to meetings until after Christmas as I can't justify the tenner if I'm not losing. So I'm going to try and kick start the weight loss myself. I bought a new scale tonight and I'm changing my WI to Friday morning as I find Fridays are my worse days. So at least if I have a bad day Friday, I have the rest of the week to work hard. I'm dreading stepping on the scales tomorrow as I haven't been weighed since my scales broke a few weeks ago and I thought I'd lost 4 lbs :mad: It's 4 weeks until Christmas so I'm hoping to lose 5lbs between now and then!

Newbee its great to hear you're still on track. I've always followed your story as you're a great inspiration. Its great to hear you're still losing even though you're not attending meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Good luck losing your 5lb for christmas Eabha, you can do it!!:)

agrif06 wrote: »
    They are 0pp. I just checked on ww.co.uk and entered 100 tablets and it still came up as 0pp.

Don't be disheartened. If you've done a lot of exercising it can take your body a few days to catch up. Your body doesn't work Weds to Weds (or whatever day you WI). Keep up what you are doing and it will definitely show. Make sure you're eating enough to counteract the exercise. If you aren't eating enough it can cause you to plateau.

Try not to be disapointed, sometimes ive had great weeks and didnt do so well, but it always catches up on you. Keep going and doing your exercise4, it will pay off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

first week over and was -4lbs!
    had a few failed attempts over past year at getting back onto it but hoping this time Il stick with it!
    finding the new plan bit hard to write everything down. before i knew points for everything and got used to totting up in my head.

Can anyone tell me the points for the country Kitchen bagels you get in dunnes? had the cinnamon and raisin one for breakfast. i worked it out last night on packet for 100g was near 7pts but forgot this morning to weigh the bagel on its own!
    and the extra light philly...the individual tubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Male or Female?

I cant find the link i had to an online calc, if you look through this thread i have posted it before I am at work so can't go through it for you sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement