Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What are we going to do
    Where is the money going to come from?
    Skyward Sword
    Mario 3d
    Cave Story 3d
    Halo remastered (ok maybe just me on that one)
    Crysis
    COD 3
    Battlefield 3
    Forza 4
    And not including the game I have yet to finish, games I haven't bought yet that came out over the summer...

I am a man in some distress!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Skyward Sword
    Mario 3d
    Cave Story 3d
    Halo remastered (ok maybe just me on that one)
    Crysis
    COD 3
    Battlefield 3
    Forza 4

There. Done. Enjoy money!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Here's a good articel about how 1995 changed gaming by Kat Bailey:

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/224494/my-definitive-year-in-gaming-1995/

Also Ciderman do you really want Halo Anniversary? It's the same game but slightly prettier, with all the flaws and all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There. Done. Enjoy money!

I know you will get the new Mario and Cave Story, you did finally receive your 3DS from Edge didn't you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Insert rant here :(

Not yet, seems to have been lost in the post. Will email them again later actually, its been close to six months now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Insert rant here :(

Not yet, seems to have been lost in the post. Will email them again later actually, its been close to six months now!

Pfft, Edge. (insert 6/10 rant)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

honestly , the only things on the horizon for me are Dark Souls(when I get cash again) and Tekken Hybrid later this month.Maybe BF3 as well , cant be arsed with any of the others at the mo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

You mean your on other forums too....:(....thought were all had somthing special here.

But yeah I think it would be cool to do. I guess because I'm the one who brought it up I'll be the one to organise it? No problem at all sure.

sounds like fun ;)

Dark Souls and Zelda are all I really must have. the rest can wait until they are 15-20 euros on Zavvi in 6 months.

Im going to try and hold out until Christmas for Zelda. Have more than enough to keep me going until then.

• Advertisement

I want my Wiimote Plus though :)

Me too!
    Thinking of trading in the now completed Portal 2 against Skyward, the golden Wiimote plus looks great, even though this will probably be the only game I'll own on the Wii that'll use the thing!
    What is it with the Wii?
    So much potential, as showcased by Ninty's output, Galaxy 1&2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, 3rd party stuff like COD4 are pretty great, Madworld, Xenoblade, lots to play.
    But frak me, the amount of minigame compendia, enough to send a grown man into a locked room alone with a bottle of bourbon and a revolver!

Must cheer myself up!

Getting the Wiimote Plus however will tempt me to pick up Red Steel 2 which I heard is great and they are practically giving it away in the shops at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What is it with the Wii?
    So much potential, as showcased by Ninty's output, Galaxy 1&2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, 3rd party stuff like COD4 are pretty great, Madworld, Xenoblade, lots to play.
    But frak me, the amount of minigame compendia, enough to send a grown man into a locked room alone with a bottle of bourbon and a revolver!

DS Shovelware syndrome unfortunately. I'd like a Wii but I don't know how expansive the shooting game library is. I'd get the Milestone Collection series and Star Soldier R but that's all I know is available for it?

Any Darius games available for it to tickle my ovaries?

Not really but there's plenty on the virtual console but I'm pretty sure you've already picked up the likes of Air Zonk, Lords of Thunder, Gates of Thunder and the like for the PC Engine.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Any Darius games available for it to tickle my ovaries?

Son,
    We are going to have a serious, serious chat about the anatomy and physiology of folks, and the manifold differences between men and women.
    Discussing your ovaries is one thing, but unless you carry someone else's around in a bucket with you, you haven't got any.
    Like Sera hasn't got access to a prostate, unless you can count Retr0's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not really but there's plenty on the virtual console but I'm pretty sure you've already picked up the likes of Air Zonk, Lords of Thunder, Gates of Thunder and the like for the PC Engine.

Can't see myself buying anything off the virtual console again after getting burned when my Wii died and losing all my purchases.

I can't see myself doing it since I hacked it with emulators :)

On another note I picked up the 10 euro soldering iron from aldi. Time to ruin some consoles.

On another note I picked up the 10 euro soldering iron from aldi. Time to ruin some consoles.

I need to do that as well. I've got a television to ruin!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I can see business for EnterNow increasing 200% because of that Aldi soldering kit some of us bought. :pac:

This springs to mind:

screencap.gumproast02.jpg

• Advertisement

I hope everyone has googled 'Do a barrel roll'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

DinoRex wrote: »
    I hope everyone has googled 'Do a barrel roll'

Hahaha that's excellent!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I can see business for EnterNow increasing 200% because of that Aldi soldering kit some of us bought. :pac:

This springs to mind:

screencap.gumproast02.jpg

Sums up my DIY skills entirely. That said my man cave didnt turn out too bad.

Nope. Don't have those yet, I really would like Tatsujin before any of those. Though they are on my wish list.

Wii has the incredible Star Soldier R though. Reason to buy a Wii alone I think! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I can't see myself doing it since I hacked it with emulators :)

Is that offer still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

Check out Jordan Mencher's official youtube channel also:

http://www.youtube.com/jordanmechner

Also a Commodore 64 Port was released for Prince of Persia on the 12 of October!

http://www.c64.com/

Looks absolutely amazing.

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Is that offer still going?

Was still there this morning in santry.

Sparks43 wrote: »

Please don't. We had enough trouble with all the other forums being created that ended up dead and then finally reaching a compromise with the console forums thing since it was killing discussion. There's no need to dilute discussion further with more dead forums. The only reason for these forums to be made is to support big online communities like the fighting games community, minecraft or CoD.

• Advertisement

Yeah splitting the category into anything other than big topics is a recipe for disaster! Used Nintendo or the regular games hub. Heck, even here :P Good people and discussion on all of 'em! Don't risk losing some of them by creating a dedicated forum. Participating in the TV fora can be a bit of a disaster because the place is so segmented.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement