Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Finished Dark Souls! The relief!

Ahhh!
    Just spent another 2 hours in the Undead Burg!
    Going to go mental!
    Never mind beating the feckin Taurus Demon, I tried luring him to the top of the tower but kept getting knocked off!
    Most of the time I nailed in stupid places on the way, doing stupid things!
    The 8 fireball limit is a real drag too.
    Is there no help out there??

I fear this most marvelous game may get traded in simply because playing it any longer is going to induce some sort of aneuryism, stroke or other TIA!
    Going mental and nothing I do seems to help....

I'm crying tears here guys and gals, tears!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Well as a knight I found the best way to handle him was to climb up the ladder to the top of the tower and then plunge down on top of him before he climbed up...

Could then draw him further along the wall, roll under his legs and run back and climb up the tower and do it again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know, but I have, it would appear, no skill at all, I find my character or rather my fingers doing all the wrong things when I need to be kicking his ass!
    As the Knight I was, at least, rumbling along quite nicely, not sure whats going wrong...

Perhaps it's my old age and approaching 40th that is causing my arthritic fingers to not have the control I need!

Ah well, back to the V-Tech Smile I suppose.

Dora the Explorer anyone? :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

megaten wrote: »
    Looks interesting for a dungeon crawler. What's Konami's track record on localising stuff to the west?

They're usually quite good but the Konami now is different from the Konami a few years ago. You might see it hit the US, an EU release is a bit iffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Oh. GTA 5 does look rather lovely.

Still wish it was set in Hyrule though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Trailer does look nice. Want to see more though, Im not entirely swayed!

Oh and there's more Pier Solar on the way!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Trailer does look nice. Want to see more though, Im not entirely swayed!

Oh and there's more Pier Solar on the way!

Is there anyway to see that without having a twitter account do you know?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to see that without having a twitter account do you know?
    Pier Solar production complete. Soon back in the shelves. Stay tuned!

There ya go!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ahhh!
    Just spent another 2 hours in the Undead Burg!
    Going to go mental!
    Never mind beating the feckin Taurus Demon, I tried luring him to the top of the tower but kept getting knocked off!
    Most of the time I nailed in stupid places on the way, doing stupid things!
    The 8 fireball limit is a real drag too.
    Is there no help out there??

My advice would be to climb the tower, do the 'dive' attack, and then lure him all the way back towards where he started while fireballing him along the way. Up the tower is too cramped, and trying to reclimb it is a risky endeavour indeed.

Also, GTA V looks awesome. Countryside = yay!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just hope they put the fun back in it and get the storytelling right. It's hard to feel empathy for the main character who feels he is forced into killing people and hates it when 2 minutes ago he just mowed down 50 people from a variety of ethnic minorities and some police officers to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The Taurus Demon isn't as hard as he seems. Get in close, as if to taunt him to hit you. Back out while he strikes the ground and then firebomb him. Keep repeating. When you run out of projectiles, do the same but with your sword instead.

From what I remember, he also can't really hit you when you're right up on him. So when his health is getting really low, run in and slash and roll around in between his legs.

I wouldn't bother with the tower, just stay on the bridge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just hope they put the fun back in it and get the storytelling right. It's hard to feel empathy for the main character who feels he is forced into killing people and hates it when 2 minutes ago he just mowed down 50 people from a variety of ethnic minorities and some police officers to boot.

It was kind of the same in Uncharted 2. I remember Nathan Drake expressing disgust when guns where handed out, but relief when they were tranquilisers. He then threw some lad off a cliff, and later went on to commit mass genocide.

And everyone lived happily ever after, except for all the dead people, who were dead.

Kirby kills lots of people in his games, sucks them right up, digests them and then, to rub it in, steals there special gifts...
    Lucky bastard!
    It's be like me butchering you all at the next Beers, eating the remains, with a nice Chianti, then gaining all your gaming abilities!
    Happy days!

It's be like me butchering you all at the next Beers, eating the remains, with a nice Chianti, then gaining all your gaming abilities!
    Happy days!

I'll have you know I don't go well with wine. I'm best served with several shots of absinthe followed by *scene missing* and waking up in a drunken blur.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Kirby kills lots of people in his games, sucks them right up, digests them and then, to rub it in, steals there special gifts...
    Lucky bastard!
    Happy days!

Eat whose remains you want, I'll just make sure I'm rancid at the next beers..:pac:

Well, you wear rancid at the last one so just a matter of maintaining the status quo I reckon! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Well, you wear rancid at the last one so just a matter of maintaining the status quo I reckon! ;)

I bloody knew someone would post that:P

Anyone stilll lurk around that Retrocollect forum? Just spotted this and thought it could be a bit of fun and a nice extra prezzie under the tree at christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I do lurk the odd time over there, mostly the buy and sell

But the idea of a secret santa, mabye have our own version here? Could be a nice bita fun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

But the idea of a secret santa, maybe have our own version here? Could be a nice bita fun
    absolutely +1 that idea <3
    th_jamesplz.png?t=1320092324

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Did anyone else notice what looks to be a cameo of Niko from GTA IV in the GTA V trailer just released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

I do lurk the odd time over there, mostly the buy and sell

But the idea of a secret santa, mabye have our own version here? Could be a nice bita fun

Yea we do that on the atariage forum, would be a good idea here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'll just leave this here and be on my way.

AWESOME tune. I don't think I was around when this was released ('77 or '78 was it?) but heard it many moons ago. Never seen the video though!

I thought that troupe of go-go 3PO's was going to get in to The Hustle but I was sadly disappointed. Nice foot-pointing moves though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

batari wrote: »
    Yea we do that on the atariage forum, would be a good idea here too.

You mean your on other forums too....:(....thought were all had somthing special here.

But yeah I think it would be cool to do. I guess because I'm the one who brought it up I'll be the one to organise it? No problem at all sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    AWESOME tune. I don't think I was around when this was released ('77 or '78 was it?) but heard it many moons ago. Never seen the video though!

I thought that troupe of go-go 3PO's was going to get in to The Hustle but I was sadly disappointed. Nice foot-pointing moves though! :D

Same here :D

Steve SI wrote: »
    Same here :D

Times like this call for desperate measures. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice what looks to be a cameo of Niko from GTA IV in the GTA V trailer just released?
    indeed
    although its more some bum dressed as him
    nice touch though

Just watched the first two episodes of Persona 4 The Animation. Great stuff :) Didn't know if it was going to be worthwhile since it's just the story from the game rehashed, but it's extremely well made. Weird and wonderful to hear the Japanese voice actors and there is tonne of fan service (the music cues remain intact).

Worth checking out for fans and anyone who has always been put off the story by 70 hours of glorious dungeon crawling.

• Advertisement

Shoji Meguro is doing the music for the show so it's bound to be authentic. I'll watch it myself but going to wait until it finishes and then binge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement