Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I spotted Pac-man and Ms Pac-man. The costumes were really good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Actually, there was a Lightning from Final Fantasy 13 at the party too.

Good costume, **** game ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

EnterNow wrote: »
    Saus & Egg is way nicer, plus the bacon rolls are dry...but thats what ketchup is for man.

I have an irrational fear of ketchup :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't worry I hate the stuff as well. Had a freaker when my dad put mary rose sauce on my dinner on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I could have sworn you were taking the piss out of me but I know you dont know about my fear of ketchup. I feel your pain brother

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Don't worry I hate the stuff as well. Had a freaker when my dad put mary rose sauce on my dinner on saturday.
    I could have sworn you were taking the piss out of me but I know you dont know about my fear of ketchup. I feel your pain brother

I'm not alone! *tear of happiness*

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

IT DESERVES TO DIE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Any impressive gaming Halloween costumes this year?
    mine wouldn't have been gaming but is impressive if I finish it later lol.
    Not going anywhere but desperate to dress up so might just get into my Pikachu kigurumi or my seifuku (that looks like the Love Plus winter uniform) and watch/play something scary cool.gif
    Had a freaker when my dad put mary rose sauce on my dinner on saturday.
    I know you dont know about my fear of ketchup. I feel your pain brother
    I'm not alone! *tear of happiness*
    Mega Chin wrote: »
    IT DESERVES TO DIE!!!!!
    am I the only one who likes red sauce? (red sauce < green sauce)
    next Retrobeers on near Halloween, I'm using red sauce as blood be like "weeeeeehhhhh" to ye :P

Well I've punched people for putting red sauce on me before so I wouldn't recommend that

200px-Pikachu_loves_ketchup.png?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This 'fear of ketchup' seems pretty deeply ingrained in society. I know I love the stuff (anything tomato based, really) but one friend of mine is deathly afraid of the stuff. Bizarre stuff.

None of you should go to this, by the way:

Tomatina2.jpg

It's terrific fun, but some of you mightn't make it through. It's like bathing in a sea of Heinz when surrounded by tens of thousands of drunken revelers.

see that wouldnt bother me because its actual real tomatoes. Not processed **** that put into a bottle that has so much **** in it its not even called by a fruit or a flavour. Its named from the colour of it "red".

see that wouldnt bother me because its actual real tomatoes. Not processed **** that put into a bottle that has so much **** in it its not even called by a fruit or a flavour. Its named from the colour of it "red".

Well there's 'ketchup' and 'red sauce' (the latter more a nickname than an official title). Good ketchup is, and always shall be, a delicious condiment.

Heinz > Chef > that horrible industrial strength stuff you find at dodgy hotdog stands. I also understand there's a sort of gourmet ketchup craze going on. Haven't tried any of it myself.

Well I've punched people for putting red sauce on me before so I wouldn't recommend that
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTx3IzX6iFBUyv6uAoB35V2T0SkcG8kZai8W3lYYxiaZmCibGi4QQ

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Weird thing is I love tomatoe sauce, hate ketchup though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

No love for ketchup?

250px-Pikachu_Ketchup.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Had a bit of a Halloween party last night. Thought it would be a bit of craic to get everyone out into the garden and set a Chinese lantern off into the sky.

It wasn't until we lit the thing that it dawned on me that it was pretty much just an extremely flammable paper sack with a giant flame in the middle.

Went for it anyway, let the thing fill with hot air and it slowly started to lift out of our hands....

We let it go too soon. Bad idea. It rose to about 15 feet, glided over our hedge and into next doors extremely manicured garden - where it lodged in their big apple tree and decided to go up in flames.

A big freak out came next. 'Maybe it'll go out?!' 'maybe it'll dislodge!' '**** no! their tree is going to go on fire!'

So we ran around to the front door.

Just as we were about to ring the bell, dressed as zombies, with their back garden looking like judgement day had come, the lantern somehow disloged itself and flew up away into the sky.

Standard fireworks would have been safer!

We had a similar moment of pyromancy when someone decided it would be a swell idea to duct tape fifteen sparklers together.

It was amongst the most visually impressive five seconds I've seen recently. The nearby plant, however, didn't come out so happily.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

OmriceFPo.jpg

Omurice is bloody delicious, and only complete with ketchup!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Very retro Humble Bundle active at the moment, touting Voxatron.. which looks almost.. edible. Delicious.. just after having a blast of it.

http://www.humblebundle.com

http://www.lexaloffle.com/voxatron.php

Like a cross between the arcade shooter Viewpoint (graphically) and Robotron, in arcade mode. Not played the Adventure mode yet. Very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Incredibly small too, under 2MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just after getting the alpha of that now. Looks absolutely great!

Shameless plug!

I'll be doing movember (just shaved!) and if anyone's feeling generous and wants to donate to team moards here ya go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I just bought a copy of Voxatron too. Looks fantastic. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I just leaned something new today. Love it when that happens.

http://8bitcity.blogspot.com/2011/10/clash-at-demonhead-nintendo-power-scans.html

Clash at Demonhead is pretty damn good if tough. Great proto super metroid game.

Any suggestions for what I should buy for the Famicom? Something cheap and fun ( as in < €10 incl P&P :P)

On a more serious note this game is fantastic:

• Advertisement

Ended up going for city connection. Looks kinda interesting and fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement