Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGG Thread - Read first post BEFORE posting [Updated 17/11/2010]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭moonfish

I think i'm out the door if i buys those ones ...think it will have to be 200 + euros in arnotts

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Fashion & Appearance forum & merged with the Ugg thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

http://www.winteruggbootsdiscount.com/ugg-1873-bailey-button-triplet-c-109.html

Hey, can anyone tell me if this is a fake site or not? want to locate uggs for the OH for chrimbo :)

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I can tell you it's fake without even looking at the site. The name is of the style of the fake websites.

Go onto the ugg website, they will have a list of all authorised sellers online and in store.

Here's a tip. Ugg do not need to discount their stock, especially near Xmas. Anything that looks too good to be true, is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nellyoc

HI i was just wondering if anyone has ordered of fthis website and are they genuine? http://www.australianuggboots.com.au
    they look real, but just seems abit too good to be true??
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

nellyoc wrote: »
    HI i was just wondering if anyone has ordered of fthis website and are they genuine? http://www.australianuggboots.com.au
    they look real, but just seems abit too good to be true??
    Thanks!

They are Ugg boots, but not "Ugg Australia" boots. Ugg is a generic term for sheepskin boots from Australia. The boots you see in Office, Schuh etc are by Ugg Australia.

The boots on that site are genuine Ugg boots, but not Ugg Australia.

The fake Uggs you get are fake Ugg Australia boots, and are made from bad quality, usually come from China. They are fake and fraudulent. You are not getting the product advertised.

Taken from that site
    Do you sell the "UGG Australia" sheepskin boots?

We get this question regularly and the answer is no! We sell our own products, manufactured here in Australia by our manufacturers. We are not affiliated to the US Company that owns the UGG Australia brand - called Deckers. The word Ug,Ugh, Ugg has been associated with a style (not brand) of footwear for many years in Australia so you will find many people advertising ug, ugg or ugh boots. The word Ugg is found in the Macquarie Dictionary. Most of the UGG AustraliaTM production occurs in China and not in Australia.

It's all very confusing, hope that clears it up a bit for you.

Twee. wrote: »
    They are Ugg boots, but not "Ugg Australia" boots. Ugg is a generic term for sheepskin boots from Australia. The boots you see in Office, Schuh etc are by Ugg Australia.

The boots on that site are genuine Ugg boots, but not Ugg Australia.

The fake Uggs you get are fake Ugg Australia boots, and are made from bad quality, usually come from China. They are fake and fraudulent. You are not getting the product advertised.

Taken from that site

It's all very confusing, hope that clears it up a bit for you.

Okay i understand what you are saying, but do they not look the exact same as Ugg Australia even the little stamp on the back??

They have a little tag on the back, but it's different to the Ugg Australia one.

ugg.jpg

Twee. wrote: »
    They have a little tag on the back, but it's different to the Ugg Australia one.

ugg.jpg

Oh right ya i can see the difference now. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Laauren

Hey Guys have a bit of a problem with my UGGs :(

Bought them on cloggs.co.uk and got them on monday. I wore them for the third time today (i didnt know it was going to rain so bad :( ) and now they are all stained from the rain! Anyone had this problem? ive searched the internet but i cant find anything to help! its really p*ssing me off since i paid so much for them and now they look terrible.. Theres just big brown stains on them even though theyre dry :(

So im here and im desperate! can anybody give me some advice about what to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

I got herself a pair of the single button Bailey Ugg boots from Cabelas for €117, had a few other bits on the order too so shipping was maybe €20.
    Doubt anywhere could beat that price :) They arrived to the door in about a week after order :)
    http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search/?N=5101212&Ne=5101212&Ntk=AllProducts&Ntt=ugg&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104797980%3Bcat104790780

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

niallam wrote: »
    I got herself a pair of the single button Bailey Ugg boots from Cabelas for €117, had a few other bits on the order too so shipping was maybe €20.
    Doubt anywhere could beat that price :) They arrived to the door in about a week after order :)
    http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search/?N=5101212&Ne=5101212&Ntk=AllProducts&Ntt=ugg&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104797980%3Bcat104790780

Were you charged a customs or VAT charge when the boots were delivered to you Niallam? My brother lives in San Fran is is treating me to a pair of Ugg Australia boots ($180) and I am just wondering will I be charged a big fee when they are delivered to me here? I'll get him to put the value of them on the package before he sends them anyway.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Laauren wrote: »
    Hey Guys have a bit of a problem with my UGGs :(

Bought them on cloggs.co.uk and got them on monday. I wore them for the third time today (i didnt know it was going to rain so bad :( ) and now they are all stained from the rain! Anyone had this problem? ive searched the internet but i cant find anything to help! its really p*ssing me off since i paid so much for them and now they look terrible.. Theres just big brown stains on them even though theyre dry :(

So im here and im desperate! can anybody give me some advice about what to do?

You need to get yourself some good quality sheepskin cleaner. UGG Australia do their own cleaner actually, but you could probably use another brand's cleaner. Test a small patch of the boot first though.

Let them dry out. Stuff some kitchen paper maybe inside them. Put them under a radiator so that they dry out properly. I've gotten mine wet a bit loads and the water marks don't remain, so perhaps they ain't fully dry yet.

Also, you need to put some water protector on them - it's a spray and it protects them from the rain.

They'll be fine - it's just a bit of rain. They'll only be ruined if you got them absolutely soaked wet and did so multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Were you charged a customs or VAT charge when the boots were delivered to you Niallam? My brother lives in San Fran is is treating me to a pair of Ugg Australia boots ($180) and I am just wondering will I be charged a big fee when they are delivered to me here? I'll get him to put the value of them on the package before he sends them anyway.

Thanks

Got caught for €36 customs for the whole package of stuff. First time i've got caught though getting stuff from cabelas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

thinking of getting these for my girlfriend for christmas as shes mentioned ugg boots now with a while.
    I have no clue about ugg boots so can someone tell me if they are any good and if its a good deal. thanks in advance.

http://www.uggirelandboots-sale.net/ugg-boots-classic-tall-chocolate-p-183.html

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

thinking of getting these for my girlfriend for christmas as shes mentioned ugg boots now with a while.
    I have no clue about ugg boots so can someone tell me if they are any good and if its a good deal. thanks in advance.

http://www.uggirelandboots-sale.net/ugg-boots-classic-tall-chocolate-p-183.html

Fake. See the Ugg website for authorised sellers.

Pythia wrote: »
    Fake. See the Ugg website for authorised sellers.

this site is fake or the ugg boots are fake?
    what ugg website?

what ugg website?

The Ugg website that comes up first when you google it. Come on! Read the thread and inform yourself.

That website sells counterfeit boots. You will not get Ugg boots at a discount.

what ugg website?

The Uggs on that site are fake.

Reminder to everyone: PLEASE read the first post in this thread, as you are directed to do in the thread title. There is information there that comes up time and time again.

Post updated to include extra information.

• Advertisement

wheres best place to get them from iyo

ps this should be posted on the main page. This thread is very messy imo as most people will come on and know nothing about uggs.

Recommended retailers:
    http://www.uggaustralia.com/retailst...res.aspx?p=aor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

wheres best place to get them from iyo

ps this should be posted on the main page. This thread is very messy imo as most people will come on and know nothing about uggs.

Recommended retailers:
    http://www.uggaustralia.com/retailst...res.aspx?p=aor

Well then they can read the first post like it says in the title!
    How many more people are going to come on and go yeah Uggs are 200+ in the shops, I found them for 60 on (insert fake UGG Australia website here) are they real- have people no sense- if someone offered you a car for sale for 5k that's usually 20k wouldn't you wonder where the catch is?

Maybe some people don't care if they are real or not.
    If they look good and are good for your wallet I think that's what Irish people want!
    For the record I thought Ugg boots was just a name for a type of boots.
    So by me stating are these good value for Ugg boots was exactly that!
    Lets be honest how many men really know womens fashion. I couldn't really give two craps what Ugg boots are. I just want a bargain!

The Ugg boots everyone is familiar with, the ones you get in Schuh, Office etc with the little tag on the back are made my Deckers, and are manufactured in China.

You're right in saying that Ugg is a generic trerm for a type of sheepskin boots made in Australia/NZ. As these are made from the same materials as the Deckers (ie real sheepskin, you're paying for the brand and the quality), there doesn't tend to be a massive difference in prices, you'll still see them for €100+. You can get the Bearpaw brand in TK Maxx for around €40 though.

Now, the fake boots we're talking about are fake Deckers Uggs. They are attempting to trade on the Deckers name. The problem is that they are counterfeit, made from inferior materials and usually have really bad soles, therefore don't last well.

There is a difference between buying fake goods and buying cheap/well priced genuine products.

I will point out that counterfeiting is illegal, so do not promote the buying of illegal items on this forum, thanks.

Hope that cleared some things up?

50 GBP off Uggs on Asos.com on Sunday from 8am for 24 hours. Might be of use to some people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Maybe some people don't care if they are real or not.
    If they look good and are good for your wallet I think that's what Irish people want!
    For the record I thought Ugg boots was just a name for a type of boots.
    So by me stating are these good value for Ugg boots was exactly that!
    Lets be honest how many men really know womens fashion. I couldn't really give two craps what Ugg boots are. I just want a bargain!

I do.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2059631/The-dogs-dying-fake-UGG-boots.html

Magenta wrote: »

And that just sums up the danger with fake goods. While you might be getting a fine copy, you really do not know where it's coming from, what it's made from and what kind of health and safety checks it has been put under. A huge problem with fake branded make up - you don't know what the hell it's made from, and then you put it on your face!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Sorry if there is a special forum for Uggs, I just want a quick answer on this...

Is this a genuine site for Uggs? www.uggsirelandshop.com

The reason I ask is cause they're so cheap.. and also the sizing seems a little weird.. Is it just me or do they only have half sizes? :confused: i.e. 5 1/2.. 6 1/2 etc...

I'm a total Ugg novice.. Just really want to get my Sister a real pair for Christmas..

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Short answer is NO!!!!
    Ugg Australia have a list of genuine retailers on their website and also a checker for website address's.

http://www.uggaustralia.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-UGG-US-Site/default/Storelocator-OnlineStores

http://www.uggaustralia.com/beware-cheap-ugg-boots-for-sale/counterfeit-education,default,pg.html

Also if you are unsure the only authorised retailers allowed to use UGG in the domain name are Ugg Australia, all others are fake.

Advertisement