Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGG Thread - Read first post BEFORE posting [Updated 17/11/2010]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Much appreciated viv2 :)

Thought it was too good to be true :(

Anyone know if the genuine website do free shipping to Ireland? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

I doubt you will find anybody that would ship free to Ireland.

Branch 306 and schuh both ship to Ireland, not sure how much it costs though.
    I bought uggs a couple of years ago from berkstore and shipping was $25 not sure if they still ship here though.

If you are a member of US Buyers Club they could get you them at the US price or they have now started to sell on their facebook page and you dont need to be a member to buy from their shop. I think they have the short and bailey button styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Merged with UGG thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

niallam wrote: »
    Got caught for €36 customs for the whole package of stuff. First time i've got caught though getting stuff from cabelas :)

Thanks for that, a small price to pay for some new snug Uggs! I hope my borther sends them soon!

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

xzanti wrote: »
    Much appreciated viv2 :)

Thought it was too good to be true :(

Anyone know if the genuine website do free shipping to Ireland? :o

Asos sell genuine ones with free shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 midlandman

xzanti wrote: »
    Sorry if there is a special forum for Uggs, I just want a quick answer on this...

Is this a genuine site for Uggs? www.uggsirelandshop.com

The reason I ask is cause they're so cheap.. and also the sizing seems a little weird.. Is it just me or do they only have half sizes? :confused: i.e. 5 1/2.. 6 1/2 etc...

I'm a total Ugg novice.. Just really want to get my Sister a real pair for Christmas..

Thanks guys.
    did find out if this is a genuine site for uggs ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

midlandman wrote: »
    did find out if this is a genuine site for uggs ?

They're fake.

The only places to get genuine Ugg Australia boots are stores like Schuh and Office, websites like http://www.asos.com and those listed on the official Ugg Australia site http://global.uggaustralia.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-UGG-GM-Site/en_MU/Storelocator-OnlineStores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 midlandman

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

I'm a man and a bit clueless on this topic!? I see ASOS have the classic tall boot available for €289. I'm fully aware that the real UGGS are pricey but I was just wondering if anybody knows of another site/shop that might sell them cheaper. Even if it's only another €20 euro off. As far as I've learned from reading this thread, anything less than €200 is fake. Thanks for your time.

p.s. buying shoes for girls is difficult!:D

Keep an eye on our Promotions and Discounts thread. There's an Asos code in there today, not sure on all the Ts&Cs though, sometimes they don't include certain brands, but worth a try.

Also, if you have a student card (or know someone that has one!), you can get discount in Office.

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    Keep an eye on our Promotions and Discounts thread. There's an Asos code in there today, not sure on all the Ts&Cs though, sometimes they don't include certain brands, but worth a try.

Also, if you have a student card (or know someone that has one!), you can get discount in Office.

BT2 sell Uggs and I believe they are having a 20% off sale this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Thanks very much Twee and Pythia. Really appreciate your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I was going to buy a pair for a family member for Christmas and was wondering how accurate the sizes are - would a size 3 fit a size 3 foot?!

Also, can they be worn in wet weather without destroying them?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Merged with UGG thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Kerry3333

Ok so guys
    Ive read all the info on the internet to do with genuine ugg boots and how to spot a fake. But heres my situation - a friend of a friend is selling them saying they are genuine. I havent seen them yet so how do you see if they are real when you are inspecting them there infront of you? The person is selling them quite cheap! And i will not buy if they are fake!

Thanks

Kerry3333 wrote: »
    Ok so guys
    Ive read all the info on the internet to do with genuine ugg boots and how to spot a fake. But heres my situation - a friend of a friend is selling them saying they are genuine. I havent seen them yet so how do you see if they are real when you are inspecting them there infront of you? The person is selling them quite cheap! And i will not buy if they are fake!

Thanks

If she has more than one pair I imagine they are fake. I would ask where she got them. Unless she got them from a genuine seller herself and is only selling them as they don't fit or something, I would stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Kerry3333

Ok so what sort of question should I ask her when she comes down with them and yes she has a lot of pairs for sale.

Kerry3333 wrote: »
    Ok so what sort of question should I ask her when she comes down with them and yes she has a lot of pairs for sale.

I wouldn't bother, they are guaranteed to be fake.

Wouldn't bother as Pythia said. If she was selling one pair, and had a receipt from the original purchase, maybe, but where did she get a load of pairs of genuine Uggs to sell on at a cheaper price? Surely if they were genuine she'd be making a loss by selling them cheap. Don't waste your money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JoeMartin

Hi,

Im looking to get some if these for the missus for chrimbo, i see a f ew peeople saying theyre getting them on asos but it works out more expensive as far as i can see.

Asos- £215 which is €252

Direct from ugg Australia- $280 delivered which is €209

Is getting them from ugg not the cheapest way or am I missing something???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

JoeMartin wrote: »
    Hi,

Im looking to get some if these for the missus for chrimbo, i see a f ew peeople saying theyre getting them on asos but it works out more expensive as far as i can see.

Asos- £215 which is €252

Direct from ugg Australia- $280 delivered which is €209

Is getting them from ugg not the cheapest way or am I missing something???
    You will more than likely have to pay customs and duty when they arrive from Ugg Australia which works out at about another 30% including the fee the carrier will charge.

viv2 wrote: »
    You will more than likely have to pay customs and duty when they arrive from Ugg Australia which works out at about another 30% including the fee the carrier will charge.

I've ordered from Ugg Australia's website twice and got caught for customs both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭QDog10

The other half has requested a pair of Ugg boots for Christmas. Came across a stall selling Uggs for €60 yesterday at a Christmas Market.. Seems quite a good price in my opinion for a pair of Uggs??
    Would this be about the correct price for a pair of short ones??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Well they won't be real uggs so I think 60 is extortionate for something that can be got in penneys for a tenner.

real uggs would be far more expensive. Theyre listed here as 110 for a short pair, and thats pounds.

http://www.johnlewis.com/31639/Product.aspx

Merged with Uggs thread. Qdog10 please have a read of the first post in this thread. You will not get genuine Ugg boots for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Well they won't be real uggs so I think 60 is extortionate for something that can be got in penneys for a tenner.

real uggs would be far more expensive. Theyre listed here as 110 for a short pair, and thats pounds.

Those are kids aswell, so I would say adults are more expensive.

Adults are 175 pounds

QDog10 wrote: »
    The other half has requested a pair of Ugg boots for Christmas. Came across a stall selling Uggs for €60 yesterday at a Christmas Market.. Seems quite a good price in my opinion for a pair of Uggs??
    Would this be about the correct price for a pair of short ones??

Pretty much any brands you see at these stalls are fake.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2073344/Will-fall-Santa-frauds-Britain-flooded-designer-Christmas-gifts-actually-dangerous-fakes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Hi folks

Just wondering if anyone would know the best place to Buy genuine Ugg Australia boots either online or in Dublin.
    The missus is looking for a new pair but there seems to be loads of places selling fakes. Are there any places that would have good bargains?

Thanks in advance
    Z

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Dublin: BT/BT2, Office, Schuh (I think), Fitzpatrick Shoes (they are on Grafton St and Dundrum)

Online: Neiman Marcus, SAKS, Victoria's Secret carry them as well.

Note, if buying online be aware that should you get charged for customs when the goods arrive, this will be 40% of the order value (i.e. the UGG boots plus shipping).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the UGG megathread

dudara

Advertisement