Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGG Thread - Read first post BEFORE posting [Updated 17/11/2010]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Moved from tLL

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cherrypie

Mandmdirect maybe? You can still get delivery before Xmas too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Where do you live ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

OP, you can get them in BT, BT2, Fitzpatricks in Grafton St/Dundrum, I also think you can get them in Office on Grafton St/Dunrum. Also available in Schuh and Arnotts. And House of Fraser!

http://www.uggaustralia.com - go to the stockists section.

You're talking about around €240 for short boots and €300 for tall boots.

Edit: you can order directly off UGG Australia if you want. They can guarantee christmas delivery if you order it by 1pm on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the UGG megathread

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 EmmaOs

Hey guys , last night i was cooking and managed to spill oil on my uggs :( In a panic, my mom decided to dampen the oil spot. This has gotten rid of the oil stain but now there is a huge water mark on them!

I think the ugg conditioner is supposed to be good at getting stains out but does anyone know where this can be bought in ireland? Or does anyone have any other suggestions I could try ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭galway1985

For anyone who is looking for a cheaper but brilliant quality alternative to UGG boots, try Just Sheepskin. You can get the short boot for about €110 and they are amazing. I have 2 pairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

EmmaOs wrote: »
    Hey guys , last night i was cooking and managed to spill oil on my uggs :( In a panic, my mom decided to dampen the oil spot. This has gotten rid of the oil stain but now there is a huge water mark on them!

I think the ugg conditioner is supposed to be good at getting stains out but does anyone know where this can be bought in ireland? Or does anyone have any other suggestions I could try ? :)

I work in Schuh and we sell the Ugg care kit for €36, it has the conditioner/shampoo, freshner, protector and a suede brush. I'm not sure if you can buy them individually anywhere here, but if you're really stuck it's an option!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭galway1985

I have the UGG care kit and have never used it :/ Would probably sell it on for €30 if ya wanted it!

@galway1985 Please, no selling on Boards. You can make the offer via PM or else via adverts.ie

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 alltalk

Has anyone bought ugg boots of a site called saleuggstore.com? If so did you receive them? I ordered a pair three weeks ago , still no sign of them payment has been taken from the credit card of course.:(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tbh, it doesn't look great. A search for reviews of the site come up with this and this. They're showing a lot of customer feedback for a site that's only 26 days old. Was that there when you ordered? Even if you do get something, I'd seriously doubt they'd be genuine Uggs given that it's a Chinese site. Sorry I can't give you any more positive news.

EDIT: The proper Ugg website allows you to check whether or not websites are genuine or not. The link is here, and that site isn't recognised I'm afraid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Try ioffer.com its cheaper than ebay,and they do genuine uggs,some are chinese sellers,but i got one off a chinese seller that did the uggs in real suede and lambswool,i was impressed i bought 2 of them..But i got lucky most of the sellers dont even use those materials,but on ioffer.com for some reason they do use the right materials..Thats my experience thus far,i can give you the name of the chinese seller if you want..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Check out our Ugg thread here, lots of info on how to spot fakes http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055731945

As for the site you linked, well if the prices look too good to be true, then they probably are.

Merged into the UGG megathread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Try ioffer.com its cheaper than ebay,and they do genuine uggs,some are chinese sellers,but i got one off a chinese seller that did the uggs in real suede and lambswool,i was impressed i bought 2 of them..But i got lucky most of the sellers dont even use those materials,but on ioffer.com for some reason they do use the right materials..Thats my experience thus far,i can give you the name of the chinese seller if you want..

I really doubt they are genuine ugg Australia boots. Ioffer is even worse for fakes than ebay.
    What do you mean by the right material?

Please google 'how fake uggs are made' its shocking what they do and hopefully will make you buy from a recommended retailer in the future not some chinese seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Seoda1

I'm looking to buy my wife a pair of Ugg slippers but need some advise as to what size I should buy? Her shoe size is normally size 7 / 40
    Should I get them slightly bigger because it's a slipper? If anyone has a pair and could let me know, I would really appreciate it!
    Thanks
    http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/UGG+Scuffette+logo+slipper/130216747,default,pd.html

Merged into the UGG megathread

dudara

I really doubt they are genuine ugg Australia boots. Ioffer is even worse for fakes than ebay.
    What do you mean by the right material?

Please google 'how fake uggs are made' its shocking what they do and hopefully will make you buy from a recommended retailer in the future not some chinese seller.

Viv i came across a chinese seller that used genuine materials,i even asked can you make the uggs with real suede and he said it would be no problem but would cost 20 more so it cost me in total 40 dollars,it was 20..
    I know i was lucky many people arent that lucky,(the thing is if you communicate what you want you might just get it)i got a few fakes aswell(i knew they were but they were really very cheap and i couldnt pass them up) but i wear them and i like them regardless of the material used they feel comfy like slippers which is what i wanted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Hi,

My mum wants an UGG dressing gown for Christmas but the UGG website doesn't seem to have any. Just wondering if anywhere else sells them; either online or in-store?

• Advertisement

Viv i came across a chinese seller that used genuine materials,i even asked can you make the uggs with real suede and he said it would be no problem but would cost 20 more so it cost me in total 40 dollars,it was 20..
    I know i was lucky many people arent that lucky,(the thing is if you communicate what you want you might just get it)i got a few fakes aswell(i knew they were but they were really very cheap and i couldnt pass them up) but i wear them and i like them regardless of the material used they feel comfy like slippers which is what i wanted..

Sorry I assumed by genuine you meant authentic ugg australia uggs instead of genuine sheepskin. Do yours have any brand on them?

They have the brand stamped but they are not the real thing,but close enough and they are comfy thats all that matters to me..

Obviously if you are looking for the genuine article you could be dissapointed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I have a few pair of UGGs now (bit addicted!)! 2 pairs were bought in the USA, and were a lot cheaper than here! I recently saved enough to get a pair of the classic short ones in chestnut (I have the tall grey and black short!). I checked the prices in Office, Schuh, Brown Thomas and Littlewoods, and Littlewoods came in the cheapest at €179, they were €190 everywhere else. I also got the care kit for €25 on Littlewoods, they are €36 on Schuh. I was lucky enough to also find a discount code as an O2 customer on O2 Priority moments for 10% off Littlewoods, so used it against the UGGs :)
    I see that the tall classic UGGs are €229 on Littlewoods and €240 on Schuh! Not a huge saving, but every little helps :)

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/women/ugg-australia/shoes-boots/e/b/1665,4294951257.end

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Hi Folks,

Looking for the Ugg Genevieve in an Irish store or reputable online dealer. Would really appreciate any advice or guidance. I have tried most of the major high street chains (Schuh, Office etc)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ironclaw wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Looking for the Ugg Genevieve in an Irish store or reputable online dealer. Would really appreciate any advice or guidance. I have tried most of the major high street chains (Schuh, Office etc)

they look like they are only available in the USA, no sign of any coming up this side of the world. If you know anyone in the USA or going there, maybe ask them to get them for you while there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    they look like they are only available in the USA, no sign of any coming up this side of the world. If you know anyone in the USA or going there, maybe ask them to get them for you while there?

Thank you for the reply. They seem awful rare to be honest. To make it worse, I know for a fact somewhere in Dublin had them and I can't seem to locate them again :(

ironclaw wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply. They seem awful rare to be honest. To make it worse, I know for a fact somewhere in Dublin had them and I can't seem to locate them again :(

Did you try Brown Thomas? they sell UGG's, although I was in there last month and I don't remember seeing those particular ones.

Dose anyone no where I can get my Uggs Cleaned ?

best bet is to get the UGG cleaning kit. You can get them in Brown Thomas, Schuh or online on Littlewoods (which are the cheapest place to get them!). I got it last month & was impressed with it. I had ruined a grey pair in the rain & it worked great. I need to do it on another pair too!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭karen89

Please help, my daughter wanted uggs for christmas and found the ones she wanted on a site called uggsireland, anyway she said she had found what she wanted and I paid for them, now I am panicing, in case they dont show up. Has anyone used this site, I dont care if they end up being fake - she choose them herself, but I do mind if my money is gone.

• Advertisement

karen89 wrote: »
    Please help, my daughter wanted uggs for christmas and found the ones she wanted on a site called uggsireland, anyway she said she had found what she wanted and I paid for them, now I am panicing, in case they dont show up. Has anyone used this site, I dont care if they end up being fake - she choose them herself, but I do mind if my money is gone.

If they do arrive they will be fake.

Did you do a search for reviews of the site?

Sorry cant give any other advice i only buy uggs through sites in the US.

Advertisement