Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGG Thread - Read first post BEFORE posting [Updated 17/11/2010]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

www.asos.com sell UGGs as wlel, I got the plumdale boots for €195, they are around €300 (just a little under €300 I think) in stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

http://www.uggsbootireland.net/

has anyone ever bought anything from this site?

I am just wondering how they can afford to be so cheap?

Does it look dodgy to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

This are always nearly fake. Im im 99% sure this is a fakes site too. The only way to really know with Uggs is buy them in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Ladjacket wrote: »
    Does it look dodgy to anyone else?

Look at the price - nuff said.

Also, it's registered in China :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Fashion & Appearance for merging with the Ugg thread.

OP - if it looks too good to be true, then it usually is.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

I'm looking for a pair of real uggs for the winter and I'm looking the best price possible. I know on most online sites, they aren't real and the prices do differ a lot in shops. In Schuh they are around €220 so if someone knew anywhere (preferrably around cork) I could get them cheaper I'd be very grateful. Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

www.asos.com sell them.

I bought a pair from there and they are genuine.

I would recommend buying a size larger than normal as they are small fitting. I am a six and got a seven and it is perfect, I have a little bit of room in the boots, but not much, so definitely get a size up otherwise you could pay a fortune if you have to send them back if they don't fit.

Merged into the Ugg megathread

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Can anyone tell me where I can find genuine Ugg boots in stores in Ireland or a reputable website, other than the Ugg website itself. I was hoping to get them a little cheaper than what they retail for on the UGG website - preferably in the Sligo/Galway/Dublin area...

Merged into the UGG megathread

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Can anyone tell me where I can find genuine Ugg boots in stores in Ireland or a reputable website, other than the Ugg website itself. I was hoping to get them a little cheaper than what they retail for on the UGG website - preferably in the Sligo/Galway/Dublin area...

Schuh sell them. Brown Thomas sell them too.

Thanks pennydreadful...would defo be interested in BT's as they are in Galway and Dublin...pity you can't see the stock on their website though...Checked Schuh aswell but they hadn't much of a selection

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Thanks pennydreadful...would defo be interested in BT's as they are in Galway and Dublin...pity you can't see the stock on their website though...Checked Schuh aswell but they hadn't much of a selection

Schuh will be getting more in in the next few weeks, for the winter season. I used to work there and we typically got the bulk of our stock at the end of September/beginning of October. Ugg are not great in terms of their dispatch/delivery reliability to retailers (at least that's what we found) so give it a bit of time.

One thing I'll say is that the Uggs were hugely popular as Christmas gifts and people bought them early, so if you're interested in a pair then get them when you see them if possible, as together with the aforementioned stock problems we were usually wiped out by early December, apart from a few styles/odd sizes.

gutenberg wrote: »
    Schuh will be getting more in in the next few weeks, for the winter season. I used to work there and we typically got the bulk of our stock at the end of September/beginning of October. Ugg are not great in terms of their dispatch/delivery reliability to retailers (at least that's what we found) so give it a bit of time.

One thing I'll say is that the Uggs were hugely popular as Christmas gifts and people bought them early, so if you're interested in a pair then get them when you see them if possible, as together with the aforementioned stock problems we were usually wiped out by early December, apart from a few styles/odd sizes.

Thanks for that....will definitely keep an eye out on the Schuh website so...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cowsfriend

Hi guys, this is a major long shot but does anyone know where I might swap a new pair of uggs? I got a pair sent over from Oz as a surprise gift but they are a size small. I know if I try to sell them on I won't get the value to buy a new pair here so just thought I'd check for other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nottherealdeal

If you are a size 38 (5) or under BT's children's dept in Dublin and Cork stock a range of uggs.. they usually are about 40/50e cheaper than in Schuh or the adult shoe section of BT's.. They have all the classic styles and few other too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

cowsfriend wrote: »
    Hi guys, this is a major long shot but does anyone know where I might swap a new pair of uggs? I got a pair sent over from Oz as a surprise gift but they are a size small. I know if I try to sell them on I won't get the value to buy a new pair here so just thought I'd check for other options.

There are so many fakes most people would be really wary of swaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Couldn't you just send them back to the person who sent them to you? Since you didn't buy them here I doubt anywhere would exchange them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cowsfriend

Couldn't you just send them back to the person who sent them to you? Since you didn't buy them here I doubt anywhere would exchange them for you.

I could but I already got charged €50 tax on them because my brother declared the value on the box so it's not really worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lovebooties

Hi
    I am looking for a supplier of cheap uggs, handbags & make up
    Anyone know of one in Dublin

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hi
    I am looking for a supplier of cheap uggs, handbags & make up
    Anyone know of one in Dublin

Thanks

You mean fake uggs, fake handbags and fake make up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kayy32

Can someone help me?? I ordered a pair of uggs and I contacted the store owner she said they are 100 percent original quality but can anyone else check this out for me see what they think? Ie done massive research and they seem to be real.. She said they are coming right from the factory and not to worry.. They do have the sponsor 100% authentication picture with the sheepskin logo but just to be sure!! The website is , www.bootsonlineca.com .. I do have a pair I just received from softmoc.com that I can compare with! They are real ! But just wondering

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Look like fakes to me. And according to the Ugg Australia authorised seller checker, they have no record of this store. Soft Moc is legit, according to the checker.

Bootsonlineca has no official email address (@hotmail doesn't instill confidence), the Returns and Customer Service links at the bottom are dead, how convenient.

A quick search on Whois.com shows that the site is registered to someone called Zang Dong, which sounds Chinese, which is where the majority of fakes come from. The "Canada" part of the site is just to throw you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

I was in dusseldorf at the weekend and tk max had classic tall uggs for €180ish as far as I remember! Don't know if any tk max in Ireland have them as I don't have a tk max near me but might be worth a look. At least you know they are the real deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kayy32

Well uggs are made in china ! I have an email address , her names Tina Wesley

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I seen some tall Ugg boots in TK Maxx Stephen's Green a few days ago. There was no price on them and couldn't find anyone who worked there to ask so no idea how much they were! Could be worth a look if someone wanted a pair at a discount

Kayy32 wrote: »
    The website is , www.bootsonlineca.com

I wouldn't touch that website with a bargepole. Poor quality graphics, bad layout etc. All the hallmarks of a website that typically sells copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Stay clear of that site...
    Authentic Ugg Australia boots never have swing tags.........

The seller is hardly going to tell you they are fake. Yes they are made in china but it doesnt mean they are made by ugg australia...if you have a read on the official site it will give you information on how to spot fakes.

http://counterfeit.uggaustralia.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-UGG-COUNTERFEIT-Site/default/Counterfeit-Show?caid=counterfeit-retailers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Kayy32 wrote: »
    Well uggs are made in china ! I have an email address , her names Tina Wesley

Ugg Australia have no record of the site as an authorised seller. If they haven't authorised their sale, I wouldn't trust the website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I want to get the OH a pair of these as she is constantly buying the cheap pennys ones and they fall apart so instead of wasting money fortnightly on these boots i thought why not get her the good ones for crimbo, and where better to get advice than from the ladies lounge i thought (i hope thats ok)

anyways

how much are they? where do i get them? best price to get them in the dublin area? i think i've left it too late to go online and get them....

and most importantly is that a decent present? i know you cant generalise but the common perspective on it would even help

thanks ladies :)

Advertisement