Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Pyongyang wrote: »
    FYP. :pac:

Only if they were new games!

I'd make him provide me with new games just to smell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Books also have a delicious smell. As do new iProducts!

Books also have a delicious smell. As do new iProducts!

atavan-halen in Easons yesterday:

Hey, sniffing new things is a serious condition I'll have you know! Not something to be joked about :mad:

• Advertisement

Hey, sniffing new things is a serious condition I'll have you know! Not something to be joked about :mad:

Are you Nick Howard?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hah imagine that, o1s1n adopts atavan! Wonder what sort of mayhem you'd get up to when he's out at work.
    I'd scratch his games, throw out megadrive boxes, put all the games in the wrong boxes, get food everywhere. You know, the ususal.

:eek:

My fish would be tattooed, there'd be Pokemon drawn all over the walls, I'd probably wake up with a face full of peircings.

Sounds awesome! :D

Sera wrote: »
    for ages saying "gonna get them now" since I saw them on here and forgot all about it til I saw some in Debnums so got some online, trying to make some simple stuff first though.
    It's sad how excited I am about it

Do it do it do it do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Okay, so I get a aqua blue 3DS on Saturday
    I turned it on, the 3ds was great, the bulit in software was great and LOZ 4 swords was a free download :o So i played it for about a total of 4 hours that weekend. I came home on Monday evening and I turned it one and the bottom screen was f**ked up :confused: I was very careful with it and hadn't dropped it or anything and now there was a yellow static moving around the screen after 3 days!:mad: Thankfully HMV swapped it for a red one but it's a bad first impression of the 3ds:confused:

The red one is cooler anyway :)

Pretty bad that it broke after 4 days though, but it does happen.

Anyone else have a console break out of the box or very shortly after?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

305716_267907286577090_127937003907453_862190_1343363227_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

The red one is cooler anyway :)

Pretty bad that it broke after 4 days though, but it does happen.

Anyone else have a console break out of the box or very shortly after?

Meh, the colour doesnt make a difference to me
    I used to care about colour,
    Then it got mainstream:cool:

Whats the best games?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The first three Japanese "imports" are available on PSN.

They must be reading this forum, because Cho Aniki is one of 'em :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do it do it do it do it!
    if I make anything worth posting I'll show you,
    kinda still sick atm, don't really want to do anything other than watch GameCenter CX

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

pjtx7ijf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

The original Prince of Persia on the Apple II:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sparks43 wrote: »

Never been much of a fan of Apple but much respect to what the man achieved. Jeez 56 is awfully young. :(

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Never been much of a fan of Apple.

Neither was I for many years. It feels a bit weird that I'm only just starting to appreciate rely on their hardware in my every day life.

I'm not an Apple 'fanboy' by any stretch, but I use my iPad and iPhone daily and would be lost without them (note: I transitioned from the Android platform prior). Steve Jobs is an irreplaceable asset to the industry and will be very much missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Steve was actually one of the Programmers I contacted, asking him to sign my Breakout cart. Never got a reply, but then again I didn't really expect one. He was a pretty busy dude.

Rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well I dont like apple desktops or laptops in anyway. Overpriced hardware and software that is hardly the bee's knees. But RIP Steve, He reigned down ownage on the whole hipster scene and made all of them his bitch. Gota respect that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just goes to show, you can have all the money in the world, but it's still no substitute for good health.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The arguments for and against Apple will rage eternal, but no-one, absolutely no-one, has been at the forefront of a technology paradigm shift quite as much as Jobs. Even if you're posting on your Android phone, that only exists because Apple got there first.

A very important figure (and without him, we may not have enjoyed Halo :P) and he shall be missed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I also don't think digital downloads would be as prevalent now if it wasn't for itunes. I hate digital downloads but that's the way the industry is now. He's more a marketing genius than anything else but he has shaped the videogaming landscape.

I also think it's funny how he managed to screw over Steve Wozniak with breakout. It's a good thing Steve has a good sense of humour.

Slowpoke knows the score:

pjybx7ka.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The arguments for and against Apple will rage eternal, but no-one, absolutely no-one, has been at the forefront of a technology paradigm shift quite as much as Jobs. Even if you're posting on your Android phone, that only exists because Apple got there first.

A very important figure (and without him, we may not have enjoyed Halo :P) and he shall be missed.

Not sure, the iphone certainly popularised the devices but Smart phones were quite capable and doing well in the business world before Apple jumped in.
    They didn't really pioneer anything, rather they perfected somethings and turned a profit.
    Nokia, Samsung and Sony Ericsson all had smart phones, syncing with PC's.
    The only thing is the App Store was the first time digital delivery systems took off in the mainstream although, to be honest, they still stink of DRM to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Not sure, the iphone certainly popularised the devices but Smart phones were quite capable and doing well in the business world before Apple jumped in.
    They didn't really pioneer anything, rather they perfected somethings and turned a profit.
    Nokia, Samsung and Sony Ericsson all had smart phones, syncing with PC's.
    The only thing is the App Store was the first time digital delivery systems took off in the mainstream although, to be honest, they still stink of DRM to me.

Aye, he was a marketing genius but apple haven't done a huge amount of innovation in a long time. Aren't iPhone etc. sales in places like Korea pretty miniscule since they've had more advanced stuff readily available for a while now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apple are a bit like nintendo, selling old hardware for premium prices.

Oh this is lovely... a collection of all the classic Lucas Arts adventure game backgrounds:

http://neurotech.imgur.com/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Apple are a bit like nintendo, selling old hardware for premium prices.

Isn't that The Rage these days??? ;)

On a brighter note...
    You, Retr0, ready to get punished when you buy Dark Souls?
    I traded in Star Fox 3D in my local friendly Games-thingy and got a decent 32 euro for it, as it's 25 blips on trade and an extra 23% for a pre-order, so Dark Souls has worked out at about 18 euro.
    PLUS
    It's the limited edition,
    http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/10/06/dark-souls-collectors-edition-in-short-supply/
    And very nice it is too, and it doesn't cost anything extra at all!
    So I expect them to sell out pretty quick, that is to say that the handful of people who will buy it will inevitably go for the better value on offer.

Still, can't wait to suffer some more!

It was a toss-up between Dark Souls or Rage, I picked the former as non-COD fps seem to get discounted pretty quick these days.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    On a brighter note...
    You, Retr0, ready to get punished when you buy Dark Souls?

I've not got the money for it this week :( It will have to wait until tuesday. Also I'm sure the difficulty will have been blown way out of proportion by the press just like with demon's souls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement