Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I ordered mine on tues (express delivery) and it has just arrived.
    Lovely Art Book with it which contains a Soundtrack CD and a Behind the Scenes DVD.
    "Prepare to die", indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

if i ordered normal post when should i get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

if i ordered normal post when should i get it
    Probably Monday. It's normally 48 hours for standard post if my experiences with Adverts are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Decent classes breakdown http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Classes

the bandit is interesting me.

not trying to be racist or anything, but wouldn't a pyromancer and sorcerer be essentially the same thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

not trying to be racist or anything, but wouldn't a pyromancer and sorcerer be essentially the same thing.

Reported for racial profiling :pac:

• Advertisement

Leaning towards the Pyromancer myself.

Also tempted to tank it with the Knight, and if it were any other game I probably would, but the need to be agile in Demons Souls was paramount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Ordered mine yesterday at 2pm. Normal post has been and I don't know if express post is a seperate delivery. In any case, I doubt I'll get it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Liamario wrote: »
    Ordered mine yesterday at 2pm. Normal post has been and I don't know if express post is a seperate delivery. In any case, I doubt I'll get it today.

Express post is a courier. They can call at any time of the day.

Express post is a courier. They can call at any time of the day.

Thank you jeebus. There's hope yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So every copy is the Special Edition then? Got a text from GAME yesterday to say my copy is in but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get it.

What was their preorder price? Never bothered getting it online.

If it is the same price in Gamestop as it is online then I will be getting it there.

PS: Rarely buy games in bricks and mortars these days but wheres a good place to go to make sure you get a sealed copy rather than the box from the shop floor?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It arrived, i'm playing it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Well I have work training tonight after work and the Irish games ar eon Fri/Sat so I wouldn't get tp play it much anyway.

Only thinking of getting it tomorrow for the extra crap before the vanilla version replaces it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My mental state so far.

Recieved the game - :D
    Creating my character - :confused:
    Start of the first level - :)
    Killing boss - :cool:
    Falling off ledge after boss - :mad:

So yeah, it's as awsome as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Died twice to the first skeleton with a shield.

This is gonna be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Just got an e-mail from Gamestop saying that it had been shipped. Picked standard An Post. Looks like it might arrive for tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Razleavy wrote: »
    Just got an e-mail from Gamestop saying that it had been shipped. Picked standard An Post. Looks like it might arrive for tomorrow :)

Same here and same email for Rage as well!

So if the release date for this is tomorrow, then how are some of you playing it now? I preordered it from Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Razleavy wrote: »

Same here. Sigh. I have to go out drinking tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

i pre-ordered from gamestop website with express delivery, im guessing thats how i got it faster.

Mines only shipped today:mad: with Express Delivery and all!

I pre-ordered about 6 weeks ago!

• Advertisement

Are people collecting their preorders instore early or is it just online?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,130 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

got the email about half an hour ago too, standard post so hopefully it will be here for the weekend

but i too have a heavy weekend of drinking ahead and will not have much time to play :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Im gonna walk into a shop and pick it up cause im old skool like that. I shall also purchase a crunchie. I also hate everyone playing right now. Gona go to xtravision and see if i can get someone to give it to me

Was checking the e-mail while waiting for uncharted 3 mutliplayer to get going.
    E-mail stated that the item was shipped with a pdf invoice dated today. Just as I pick up the controller again, the door bell rings.
    You guessed it, it's the delivery man!!!
    Unfortunately, it wasn't a package for me :-(

ONLY KIDDING!!! HE HAD DARK SOULS :D

E-mail stated that the item was shipped with a pdf invoice dated today. Just as I pick up the controller again, the door bell rings.

Ah so theres hope! the invoice saying the 6th had me resigned to not playign it til tomorrow.

Did you have to sign for it?

Signage was a requirement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm sorry I didn't pre-order online now.
    Will be outside gamestop at 9am in the morning to collect my game as soon as they open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'm sorry I didn't pre-order online now.
    Will be outside gamestop at 9am in the morning to collect my game as soon as they open.

Same here, went in there today to inquire about the hardback guide, they were going to have them in stock but there was a delay, just typical. Game are selling it for €25, robbing bas%ards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Will I find it hard to get Dark Souls tomorrow if I havent pre ordered it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I'm gonna be at work tomorrow but I'm wondering if it's standard mail will the package fit through a standard mail box? It looks in pics to be a bit bigger than the normal? I know yours was courier but still.

Advertisement