Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can't remember how long it too to platinum Demon's Soul. I know it took 4 playthroughs and a bit. Worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Zavvi just told me they've dispatched my order - estimated delivery time 10-15 days. The good news is they almost always get it to you in that time period, fair play to them... What mode of transport do they use, rowboat followed by some guy on foot??

I did get it for £17.85 so I can't complain too much I guess. I'd be happy enough if I get it Friday week. Anyone else order off the Zavvi/the Hut? (I assume the hut are equally fast)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

F*ck f*ck f*ckity f*ck...

Can't kill the second boss :( Don't know if I'm liking my starting class, and still not too sure of the differences between being human and undead are.

But still, this is what I expected from this game and I'm going to be playing it all day today so hopefully I'll make some progress.

EDIT: Decided to start my download of the mini-guide and soundtrack. They're flying along at 6kbps on my 20meg connection. Well played Namco.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

If gamestop don't send this tomorrow, it'll be the first and last time I use their site. If it's mailed on their suggested date (Friday) I won't get it until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

F*ck f*ck f*ckity f*ck...

Can't kill the second boss :( Don't know if I'm liking my starting class, and still not too sure of the differences between being human and undead are.

But still, this is what I expected from this game and I'm going to be playing it all day today so hopefully I'll make some progress.

EDIT: Decided to start my download of the mini-guide and soundtrack. They're flying along at 6kbps on my 20meg connection. Well played Namco.

Euro Version? We are supposed to get the CD as a disc?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD7DjVQFdiU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Got the same response from gamestop. I cancelled the order. not worth it. Ill pick it up instore instead on friday morning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Crucifix wrote: »
    Play shipped my copy today. 3-5 working days so it probably won't arrive til next week, but I suppose that's the price of ordering online

I'm sorry but i can't resist trolling you a little bit.

So Crucifix hows that week going to work out for you when we are all playing this and posting about it here?
    I'll tell you what, you can come over to my place and watch me play it. I won't let you have a go and you have to be quite, but it's better than nothing which is what you'll have on friday.:D

weiland79 wrote: »

So Crucifix hows that week going to work out for you when we are all playing this and posting about it here?
    I'll tell you what, you can come over to my place and watch me play it. I won't let you have a go and you have to be quite, but it's better than nothing which is what you'll have on friday.:D

Play, zavvi and thehut are brutal for shipping, should have went for gamestop. Cant wait for this. Can only play a couple hours this weekend though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This is like the longest week of my life and im only 3 days into it... :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is like the longest week of my life and im only 3 days into it... :(

This was the longest week of my life, but i'm off till Monday now :D

Makes waiting for the game even more annoying though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So to get a bit of discussion going with the more experienced souls players here what build are you planning on going?

WARNING: stat / class / weapon upgrade spoilers ahead, albeit very minor but don't read on if you literally want to know nothing about the game!!

To answer your question i have also being doing alot of theorycraft about my first build in the game, but to be honest im not gonna focus on min/maxing on my first run through. Im just gonna play it, ya know.

Im gonna choose a Knight and go with a STR/FAI build on my first run through, primarily cause of the fact that a STR build with heavier armour seems useful unlike Demon Souls. FAI mainly for healing type spells and enchantments. Gonna also try to stick with heavy armour and see if its possible to actually clear the game without resorting to lighter armour for rolling evades. As for weapons im gonna switch it up depending on situations. Big 2handers and Sword + Board.

I couldnt help myself from watching streams and there are two items i am not gonna use no matter what
    The Drake Sword and Shield + Spear Combo
    as for the tutorial
    Im gonna take blackfire bombs also for the big Mace, but im also tempted to choose the pendant as it apparently has some effect on the plot. May take it in a NG+ if possible or on another character that isnt so STR focused

Was tempted to go with a Pyromancer + DEX Melee hybrid at first but was reading abit about Pyromancy and alot of things dont see to clear regarding scaling of spells and such and the use of INT, so gonna leave that for my second char till the facts emerge.

WARNING: stat / class / weapon upgrade spoilers ahead, albeit very minor but don't read on if you literally want to know nothing about the game!!

I'll probably go VIT/END and then STR as well. I had a magic focussed character for Demons Souls, and it ocassionally felt like a cheap way of beating enemies (Firestorm kill at least 4 bosses in one hit). Not sure whether to stick with light or heavy armour, so i'll wait and see how the movement in heavy is before deciding.

Will probably stick with a sword + shield for most of the game, as i've always preferred it. Will have a spear and bow as well though, as they always come in useful. Going to do my best to kill
    the Black Knight early on and get the Black Knights sword and shield.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I couldnt help myself from watching streams and there are two items i am not gonna use no matter what
    The Drake Sword and Shield + Spear Combo

Can I ask why are you purposely staying away from the
    Drake Sword?

I was planning on going for it pretty much straight away, get my stats to the minimum required and then start work on VIT + END.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

For others who ordered through Gamestop, I can confirm my copy was delivered this morning. I chose the express delivery. I never got any e-mail confirmation off them either.

Had a quick open of the box and there is a physical cd of the music, a behind the scenes physical dvd and a code to download a guide.

Now, have to poxy work all day, so cant play it to later.

Edit: It has an art book too, which is fabulously presented.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

noodler wrote: »
    Why did you order from Play?

50e on their site compared to 42 delivered from Gamestop.

Should have researched better. I haven't bought a game online in ages, I didn't even know gamestop had an online store.
    weiland79 wrote: »

Ha ha :mad: I'll just have to play demon's souls and pretend this weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

SK1979 wrote: »
    For others who ordered through Gamestop, I can confirm my copy was delivered this morning. I chose the express delivery. I never got any e-mail confirmation off them either.

Had a quick open of the box and there is a physical cd of the music, a behind the scenes physical dvd and a code to download a guide.

Now, have to poxy work all day, so cant play it to later.

Edit: It has an art book too, which is fabulously presented.

Its time like this that boards need a hate button instead of a thumbs up one.

Pissed off a bit about the guide download, might as well use wiki. Stupid question whats format the guide will i be able to use it on a tab.

Its time like this that boards need a hate button instead of a thumbs up one.

Pissed off a bit about the guide download, might as well use wiki. Stupid question whats format the guide will i be able to use it on a tab.

I'm kind of disappointed about the guide myself. I dont want a walk-through but I would of liked something that details items and armours etc. With stats and so on. Something that was in a handy book, rather than having to go to the wiki all the time to check.

In fairness, I didn't even look at the guide that it gives you the code for yet so maybe it might be in PDF format that could be printed?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SK1979 wrote: »
    I'm kind of disappointed about the guide myself. I dont want a walk-through but I would of liked something that details items and armours etc. With stats and so on. Something that was in a handy book, rather than having to go to the wiki all the time to check.

In fairness, I didn't even look at the guide that it gives you the code for yet so maybe it might be in PDF format that could be printed?

I reckon I will buy the Official guide at some stage for that sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So every copy is the Special Edition then? Got a text from GAME yesterday to say my copy is in but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Did it arrive by normal post or courrier? No sign of mine, so jealous :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Apparently in the States customers are getting $20 gift cards if they dont get a hard copy of the guide.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/dark-souls-collectors-edition-prepares-to-die-at-retail-8765
    Have you been enjoying Dark Souls? I hope you are because there's been quite a bit of demand for the latest soul-crusher from Namco Bandai and From Software. Gamers everywhere have been hounding retailers for their pre-ordered Collector's Editions since the game's release.

Best Buy and Newegg have both been forced to offer up $20 giftcards to consumers who are getting the shaft when it comes to picking up their Collector's Edition of the game. While the limited run of Dark Souls comes with an art book and a guide you have to download in PDF format, many gamers are still demanding their due.

Honestly, I don't blame them. The Demon's Souls Collector's Edition will run a pretty penny second hand and Dark Souls appears to be in the same situation. Namco Bandai sent GameRevolution an Xbox 360 copy of the game for our review, but even we weren't given a Collector's Edition.

I've been calling all games retailers in a 20 mile radius asking about any spare Collector's Edition in stock and every time I'm asked if I preordered or not. Be prepared to die...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I had hoped to complete, fallout3,mass effect2,deus ex HR,space marine,hard reset,Alice madness returns,borderlands,bioshock2 all before the release of BF3 and Smyrim soon after but the lure of multiplayer games has dominated my gaming time.
    I think its time i finally finished some of the mentioned games all of which are fantastic what ive played of them.
    For that reason alone ill have to pass on Dark Souls until a later date.
    Educating myself about the game the last few days i now understand why so many cannot wait to get their hands on it,it looks awesome and right up my street so to speak.
    Its great to see such a hardcore non dumbed down game on the consoles.
    To those getting the game asap i hope yas enjoy it, ill certainly be grabbing it at a later date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seriously you should by it, you won't be disappointed. It's better than any of those games you mentioned if Demon's Souls is anything to go by.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Did it arrive by normal post or courrier? No sign of mine, so jealous :-(

Mine came in the normal post, well just pushed through my letter box about 7:40 this morning. I still haven't received any e-mail confirmation of my order being despatched from Gamestop, and have just checked their site and it states my order is still "Processing" with a despatch date of 7th Oct.

So, others in the same position should keep an eye out today as it looks like orders are well on their way.

I only pre-ordered on 28th Sep too.

i cancelled my oreder yesterday and preordered instore, got an email today to say its been sent, why did i pay €20 instore to preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Anyone else get their Dark Souls from gamestop already ?

Nothing here, but i only ordered 2 days ago.

Also how much is the game in the shops ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So every copy is the Special Edition then? Got a text from GAME yesterday to say my copy is in but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get it.

Yep, every version is the SE.

Also, the guide was always meant to be PDF. All the pre-order boxes that have been in stores recently have specified it pretty clearly!

Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow, although not too bothered either way!

My copy better bloody arrive today. Will have to go in to work to collect it, but that's fine. Paid for express delivery, so no reason it shouldnt get here if others have gotten it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Don't worry, you should get it. I got mine today, ordered on the 26th, never got an e-mail and the gamestop website says the order is "processing". Art book is nice, but I'll have to wait until the evening to play....ugh

Advertisement