Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

noodler wrote: »
    Question for the Gamestop pre-order crowd.

The only pal version of the game is the Special Edition right? I mean theres no chance of me not getting the extra goodies as long as I order now?
    All pre-orders everywhere seem to be for the Special Edition. I reckon your safe as houses. Was the same with Dead Space 2, I didn't see a vanilla edition until 3 months after launch! Could always ring them to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

noodler wrote: »
    Question for the Gamestop pre-order crowd.

The only pal version of the game is the Special Edition right? I mean theres no chance of me not getting the extra goodies as long as I order now?

Pretty sure that the extra goodies are only download codes (for the book and music etc). In the US, I believe they're getting physical copies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, thinking i might cancel my preorder and just pick it up in person on Friday. Not looking like it will be sent out till tomorrow at the earlier, and i won't be around to pick it up on Thursday or Friday.

So much for getting it 3 days early like i'd hoped :(

Also, the expected ship date is Friday...wtf is the point in pre-ordering the game if they only ship it on release day?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SK1979 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that the extra goodies are only download codes (for the book and music etc). In the US, I believe they're getting physical copies.

Well its an art book, soundtrack CD and code for the digital guide right?

Not as good as the American CE but that one seems to be in limited supply whilst the PAL one seems to be in plentiful supply.

Kiith wrote: »
    Also, the expected ship date is Friday...wtf is the point in pre-ordering the game if they only ship it on release day?

Did you contact Gamestop?

I only ordered from them as I heard they deliver early with Express delivery. Some people were getting deliveries on a Wednesday before release for other games.

• Advertisement

Hmm, thinking i might cancel my preorder and just pick it up in person on Friday. Not looking like it will be sent out till tomorrow at the earlier, and i won't be around to pick it up on Thursday or Friday.

If you use the Express option they say they guarentee it on release day.

If you use normal they say they can't guarantee.

To me that means you could get it on release day with normal p&p but you could get it a day early with express.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I've pre-ordered with them for the same reason but if the shipping date is friday i'm going to have to cancel, I need to have this friday at the earliest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Big Knox wrote: »
    I've pre-ordered with them for the same reason but if the shipping date is friday i'm going to have to cancel, I need to have this friday at the earliest!!

I gonna be sleeping outside Gamestop on Henry Thursday night so i can wake up about 6am Friday and Que for about 2 hours then pick it up....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I gonna be sleeping outside Gamestop on Henry Thursday night so i can wake up about 6am Friday and Que for about 2 hours then pick it up....

I hope thats not serious! Im all fof enthusiasm, hell Im pumped. But why would you queue at dawn for a niche game which is never going to attract such a significant queue that it will be sold out moments after opening? Better ways to spend two hours on a Friday morning...

Secretly Im hoping I dont get it until Monday so I have another full weekend with the fiendishly addicting Disgaea 4!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Was gonna get this then realised its console only :rolleyes:
    Im used to getting my games via digital download at a fraction of the cost of retail for pc.
    Looks good but think ill just wait for Skyrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

Big Knox wrote: »

The local Gamestop store has received its copies already, (staff were so nice to tease me with a few seconds hold of the special edition copy today) so they have distributed them early. Doubt that there is any reason gamestop won't continue their recent form regarding early delivery of online orders.

I won't be surprised if you receive it tomorrow, but I will be jealous, envious, happy for you, annoyed, jealous, sorry for myself and envious. Oh, and jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

mrm wrote: »
    The local Gamestop store has received its copies already, (staff were so nice to tease me with a few seconds hold of the special edition copy today) so they have distributed them early. Doubt that there is any reason gamestop won't continue their recent form regarding early delivery of online orders.

I won't be surprised if you receive it tomorrow, but I will be jealous, envious, happy for you, annoyed, jealous, sorry for myself and envious. Oh, and jealous.

Okay you've re-assured me i'll keep my faith in the order getting here early, if it gets here tomorrow I may cancel all plans and go missing!!

If not I shall be clinically depressed and I want you to know you will be entirely to blame!!! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Dcully wrote: »
    Was gonna get this then realised its console only :rolleyes:
    Im used to getting my games via digital download at a fraction of the cost of retail for pc.
    Looks good but think ill just wait for Skyrim.

Your loss.
    That's the problem with relying on pc for your games - you miss out on the really great games...:p
    Enjoy skyrim, will pick that up on console...in a few months...really cheap.
    Dark Souls is day one for me.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Your loss.
    That's the problem with relying on pc for your games - you miss out on the really great games...:p
    Enjoy skyrim, will pick that up on console...in a few months...really cheap.
    Dark Souls is day one for me.

I dont rely on pc for games i just enjoy the vastly superior visuals and controls pc offers :)
    I have consoles too , just dont use em much.
    Dark souls is the first game in years im tempted to buy for console purely because its not available on pc but being honest ive too many great games to finish and some to even start before another 4-5 must haves are released this side of Christmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Vastly superior controls for certain types of games, it's important to add to the above ;)

I think format alliegance only leads to good games missed these days. There are plenty of great games that play best on PC, but equally many if not more great console games you can't get on PC. If you see Dark Souls cheap down the line pick it up, because it's a singular experience and you won't find as confident an equivalent on PC. Screw graphics - it's the game that matters, format be damned!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Gah, it's bastard hard! Still getting to grips with the mechanics of being undead and hollowed.

Also, the special edition that I got didn't come with a physical guide. Just a code for a download of the soundtrack and mini-guide. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Dcully wrote: »
    I dont rely on pc for games i just enjoy the vastly superior visuals and controls pc offers :)
    I have consoles too , just dont use em much.
    Dark souls is the first game in years im tempted to buy for console purely because its not available on pc but being honest ive too many great games to finish and some to even start before another 4-5 must haves are released this side of Christmas.

Not questioning visuals/controls...great games don't rely on those.
    Buy it...you won't regret it, even if the controls/visuals let you down...you should still enjoy the gameplay.

Rest assured i will grab Dark souls down the line guys, it looks too good to miss in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Dark Souls is the first console game ive bought in about 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Why didn't you buy Demon's Souls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Never looked into it because i didnt have access to a PS3

Anyone know if you can cancel a pre-order online with Gamestop? Can't see anything on the site, even though it's still 'Processing'. The expected shipping date is still listed as Friday, which is bull**** (especially since i payed for the express delivery).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Anyone know if you can cancel a pre-order online with Gamestop? Can't see anything on the site, even though it's still 'Processing'. The expected shipping date is still listed as Friday, which is bull**** (especially since i payed for the express delivery).

Email hello@gamestop.ie although at this stage maybe ring them - I think they are based in Swords?

Email hello@gamestop.ie although at this stage maybe ring them - I think they are based in Swords?

Thanks, will give it a shot in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ok so....did not know this was out Friday, thought it was the 14th.

Bye bye, more monies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Two more sleeps before no more sleeps!

...or one big long sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

If its not shipped by the end of the day ill be cancelling my order. I need this for the weekend. Ive sent them a email just have to see what they say

Gah, it's bastard hard! Still getting to grips with the mechanics of being undead and hollowed.

Also, the special edition that I got didn't come with a physical guide. Just a code for a download of the soundtrack and mini-guide. :(

Yup nobody bar the Aussies seems to be getting the guide in a physical form.

The US are the same as us but we get physcial discs for the soundtrack and making of DVD whereas they only get codes - but they also got a steel tin case so..

EDIT: I am not sure the Aussies are getting a guide now, it does seem to be advertised on Aussie game sites though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

So i wont be like the european edition of demon souls, thats a bit unfair. You'd think they'd match the editions

• Advertisement

How did you manage to get it early Zapp?

Advertisement