Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Other than getting it first whats the point of ordering online? Surely it costs more for the game plus express P&P compared to walking into a shop and getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,224 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Will I find it hard to get Dark Souls tomorrow if I havent pre ordered it ?

Doubt it will be an issue.

Am going check after work as well.

Other than getting it first whats the point of ordering online? Surely it costs more for the game plus express P&P compared to walking into a shop and getting it.

Usually it is cheaper online actually.

In this case all pre-orders are the special edition - I haven't heard of a Vanillla edition for the Uk/Europe yet so I thin they are all Collectors Edtions at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Will I find it hard to get Dark Souls tomorrow if I havent pre ordered it ?

No you'll be grand. It'll probably be the best game this year but itt won't out sell the likes of COD etc by a long shot.

I'm also curious about the postage size as I'll be working tomorrow too... anyone any ideas?

tok9 wrote: »
    No you'll be grand. It'll probably be the best game this year but itt won't out sell the likes of COD etc by a long shot.

I'm also curious about the postage size as I'll be working tomorrow too... anyone any ideas?

Its the same size as the Collectors edition of Demons Souls.

Pretty much a cardboard cover which can fit two DVD cases. Assuming Gamestop don't go stupid with the packaging I think it would fit a standard letterbox fine. Although if you ordered with express delivery then the courior would need someone to sign for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

Example: Gamestop, Deus Ex: Aug Edition

Online: € 50.97 + € 2 (Delivery)
    Instore: € 69.97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm gonna be at work tomorrow but I'm wondering if it's standard mail will the package fit through a standard mail box? It looks in pics to be a bit bigger than the normal? I know yours was courier but still.
    Mine was allegedly by courier but it was inside the door when I got home :D so yes it does fit in a letterbox

The missus is on her way put as we speak and I have tomorrow off, oh yes!

Razleavy wrote: »
    Example: Gamestop, Deus Ex: Aug Edition

Online: € 50.97 + € 2 (Delivery)
    Instore: € 69.97

You reckon it will cost me more than 40e in the store tomorrow?

Maybe I should just buy it online from gamestop now then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So played a few hours so far, and really enjoying it. Started as a bandit, mainly for the good offence. Am going to stay away from magic this time, and focus on melee. Didn't like the axe that you start with, but luckily got a longsword fairly early on. Going for Vit / End / Str in most of my stats, but did pump 3 points into Dex to use the bow.

Currently at
    the first Blacksmith in the Parish. Ran into the forest, and quickly ran out.

One thing i'm kind of regretting though. I got the
    Drake Sword (from shooting the Dragon's tail off
    ), and it's crazy powerful. Didn't realise it was as powerful. Feels overpowered to be honest, and i'm killing some enemies that i'm not sure i should be killing yet. Great fun, but strange to have the weapon so early in the game.

noodler wrote: »
    You reckon it will cost me more than 40e in the store tomorrow?

Maybe I should just buy it online from gamestop now then.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't more than 40. I can't see it being as much of a difference as Deus Ex, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So there's a Limited Edition and a Collector's Edition. And the Collectors has the metal case and printed Guide Book? But Europe aren't getting that, or something? Someone help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

woooo cant wait to get this tomorrow now, not sure which class il play, in demon souls i restarted so meny times to try and find the one i enjoyed the most. But i was thinking the theif was looking fairly funky for me and considering in the last game no matter what class i was i was dodging and diving from every mob i think i shall go with the theif this time around.

Grayditch wrote: »
    So there's a Limited Edition and a Collector's Edition. And the Collectors has the metal case and printed Guide Book? But Europe aren't getting that, or something? Someone help me out.

I could be wrong, but as far as I know no-one is getting a printed guide. America gets a Tin, but no physical soundtrack or making of DVD, they get them via download.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Think it's 49:99 for the Special Edition in Gamestop, that's what was on the preorder box today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

CrazyTalk wrote: »
    Think it's 49:99 for the Special Edition in Gamestop, that's what was on the preorder box today.

And in Game.

I could be wrong, but as far as I know no-one is getting a printed guide. America gets a Tin, but no physical soundtrack or making of DVD, they get them via download.

Ah right, cheers. That sounds like we got a better dealio. Cannot wait for tomorrow. I haven't looked at anything about this game, on purpose. I want it to all be new. I'm going to get destroyed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

44.99 on the display boxes in HMV Grafton Street for anyone interested.

My copy has shipped, however, so I am not that interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

44.99 on the display boxes in HMV Grafton Street for anyone interested.

My copy has shipped, however, so I am not that interested.

Cheers. Saves me the walk going around to Game, Gamestop and Smyths. Kinda had a feeling they would be cheapest. They always seem to be 5 quid cheaper than the other stores. Told my woman that i would "bring" her into work tomorrow (in town) and we would have abit of breakfast before i see her off to work. Little does she know im actually going in to pick up Dark Souls. THE FOOL!!!! MUHUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sorry my bad. No there is only a Speical edition for each territory.

No body is getting the Physical guide....except maybe the Aussies - their hgaming websites seem less certain.

(Check out EB.au etc)

Thats right.

Kind of surprised I would have to pay an extra tenner in Gamestop cos I didn't buy online - can I buy online and pick up 2m?

Order placed with Gamestop anyway - 40e really is a good price.

Don't need it for the weekend anyway, lots of sport on and still have to kill False King and finish world 5 in Demons Souls.

• Advertisement

First Impressions - Excellent! Real open world feel as you explore the first (proper) area. Plenty of hidden passageways in the sprawl of staircases and towers. Reminded me of the battlements of Boletaria castle but with more variety.

Bonfires seem to me to make things a bit more approachable, the respawning enemies are great for levelling anyhow. Not sure what Humanity is all about. I seemed to get a bonus humanity (I glowed at a fairly random moment) but then lost it after I died. Is it the same as a Stone of Ephemeral Eyes?

Picked a Pyromancer. Nicley balanced class. Starting magic spell doesnt scale with Intelligence stat though which means it remains a bit weedy.

That's annoying that Gamestop ask you to pre-order games with them in-store, and then it's 10 quid cheaper and a day early if you order online. Lesson learned, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

are the graphics in the game supposed to be this bad.. I'm playing it on the ps3 and it looks like resident evil 2

Xyo wrote: »
    are the graphics in the game supposed to be this bad.. I'm playing it on the ps3 and it looks like resident evil 2
    Some fairly ropey textures at times alright. a bit of slow down too. Suppose for an open world with no loading screens there has to be something that suffers.

That's annoying that Gamestop ask you to pre-order games with them in-store, and then it's 10 quid cheaper and a day early if you order online. Lesson learned, I guess.

As I said, just stuck my order in there online. Little worried they won't have any left for me in special edition but I actually haven't seen a vanilla version in shops yet? Anyone?

Either way, unless you need it for 2m, I'd say you should do the same to save a tenner. I bet the price goes up online the second the calendar hits October 7th.

As I said, just stuck my order in there online. Little worried they won't have any left for me in special edition but I actually haven't seen a vanilla version in shops yet? Anyone?

Well you couldn't get a plain jane European Demon's Souls for ages, which was cool. I'd say the first few batches will be Special ones.

Shame about the graphics, but I'm sure it won't matter overall.

Does anyone who played Demons Souls think the graphics in Dark Souls are poor?

I thought they were good in the original if not spectacular - they should have put in an install option for the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Does anyone who played Demons Souls think the graphics in Dark Souls are poor?

I thought they were good in the original if not spectacular - they should have put in an install option for the PS3.

what is poor? is it low quality textures etc? is it noticable?

or maybe you got problem with resolution and it makes it look blurry?

what is poor? is it low quality textures etc? is it noticable?

or maybe you got problem with resolution and it makes it look blurry?

Oh I am not speaking from personal experience - just wondering based on what others are saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Focking skellingtons stealing mah solz.

Advertisement