Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'll be pretty fricken peeved if the PS3 version is inferior after Demons souls being an exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Kiith wrote: »
    What route have you taken Big Knox? I've done the Undead Parish, Darkroot Forest, and the Depths i think. Where did you go after killing the Gaping Dragon?

Once you kill him you get the Blighttown key, the entrace is back out from the boss area and down through the double doors past the merchant!!

Be warned though, it's a a nasty place and the boss is quite hard!! :pac:

amacachi wrote: »
    PS3 or Xbox 360 version?

Would have to go with the PS3 version for the simple reason alot more people will be playing it so the online features will be alot more active, meaning more messages, more help from phantoms, more bonfires kindled to increase your flask but also more invasions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Both versions seem identical. Get it on whatever platform you prefair (Controller/Xboxlive/PSN) I got it on PS3 cause it just feels "right" since Demons was a PS exclusive. That and the fact that the community will be bigger most probably so you have more chance for doing co-op and invading on PS3. I have read that there is issues of screen tearing on the Xbox version but i have yet to notice anything on PS3, apart from a lowering in FPS/Skipping Frames in one single area i have been to (After the Tutorial) which i read that both consoles suffer from this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They ain't kidding when they say this is harder than Demon's Souls :eek:

Struggled past the second boss there. It's tricky, but glad I picked the Pyromancer because firebomb has been mine saving grace so far. A few clever ways the world has been linked already.

I got to the
    four chest area just after the 'safe zone' (one where you get the morning star and talisman), and was promptly kicked in the arse by skeletons. Is that a shortcut to a later part of the level?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I got to the
    four chest area just after the 'safe zone' (one where you get the morning star and talisman), and was promptly kicked in the arse by skeletons. Is that a shortcut to a later part of the level?
    No you can walk right to that spot from the first bonfire, not a shortcut

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So how are ye enjoying it?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

i've not enjoyed dying as often in my life!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

**** you Blightown :mad:

Oh man i was poisoned and was running back to a bonfire with zero flasks. Then as i was almost about to die someone must have kindled a bonfire online and i got a free flask and it saved my life! Awesome!

Is there any use of Humanity so early in the game? I keep getting it from killing certain amounts of enemys as Big Knox said, but when i die i lose it. So i may as well go Humanform for the increased resistance and droprate? And when im in human form i may as kindle bonfires if i get +1 Humanity randomly again? Right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

So how are ye enjoying it?:D

One doesn't enjoy Dark Souls...IT enjoys you!:D

Are people jumping straight in or are ye consulting the darksoulswiki first for general start up info- like character class choice, explanation of humanity, etc. (not walkthrough guide info though of course...would defeat the purpose)?

mrm wrote: »
    One doesn't enjoy Dark Souls...IT enjoys you!:D

Are people jumping straight in or are ye consulting the darksoulswiki first for general start up info- like character class choice, explanation of humanity, etc. (not walkthrough guide info though of course...would defeat the purpose)?

Learned abit from watching streams and reading the chat. But other than that im gonna stay off the wiki till after i clear the game. Thanks to the streams i am purposly avoiding a certain overpowered sword near the start of the game.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Looked at the art book that came with the game, now I'm scared before I even play. Anyone download the bonus content, map and the mini guide?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

Learned abit from watching streams and reading the chat. But other than that im gonna stay off the wiki till after i clear the game. Thanks to the streams i am purposly avoiding a certain overpowered sword near the start of the game.:cool:

I haven't watched a thing on this on purpose so I can experience everything first-hand ingame, but now that I am a couple of hours away from starting the game I am wondering how much I should 'assist' myself beforehand. I want to go melee character to enjoy it as full as possible but some of the comments of 'harder that DS' worry me with regards to my own inability to take the game on. I think I will just spend some time on the included guide first to pick up some info and then progress ontowards repeated deaths, repeatedily!:o Is there anything in particular you think requires researching before starting?

Local gamestop staff said a nice stream of customers are picking this up- they hadn't sold any other game by the time I went in to collect. Only two copies reserved for xbox though, majority reserved on PS3 naturally.

The way you get that sword is so daft, I'd never have thought of it myself.

ShaneU wrote: »
    The way you get that sword is so daft, I'd never have thought of it myself.

Indeed it is. And while at first i was regretting getting the sword, i'm now glad i did. It only really has helped for the first few hours, and they've made the game difficult enough even with the sword. Plus, i've just about replaced it now anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looked at the art book that came with the game, now I'm scared before I even play. Anyone download the bonus content, map and the mini guide?

The mini guide takes an age to download and only provides a walkthrough of the first two levels :pac: Some of the monster designs in the art book are just fantastic though.

Also, I hate how accurate the demons are with their fire bombing. Pain in the arse trying to fight off some while another is engulfing you in flames.

Only had one character in demon souls and it was a strength endurance warrior type, i'd like to try out a magic or dexterity build but maybe I should stick to what I know. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Played about 30 min of it and killed the big guy at start, loving the demons already. Had a job interview yesterday and that was ruining the game for me so i stopped ( expecting a call all day )

Ive been looking everywhere for the official guide book as well, all the shops will say theres been a delivery problem. The problem is its not out til wednesday

Can someone tell me where Ceaseless Discharge is? I've gotten to the last boss in Blightown (and died), but i can't seem to find the 1st boss. Looking for the 2nd bonfire atm.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where Ceaseless Discharge is? I've gotten to the last boss in Blightown (and died), but i can't seem to find the 1st boss. Looking for the 2nd bonfire atm.

Ceaseless Discharge is in the next area after you beat Quelagg or whatever her / it's name is!!

But you aren't going to beat Ceaseless right now he is extremely powerful, I had a quick look but have left him for now!!

I though Discharge was before Quelagg...crap. Means i have to go kill her now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Some of the FPS drops are pretty terrible on the xbox.

I thought console games were supposed to run at a decent fps ?

PC master race here.

I'm having big trouble with this, I can't get past the area with all the knights, Undead Parish I think it's called, there isn't a bonfire anywhere? I keep dying and going back to the undead berg. I hate that it's forcing me to grind this early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Spunge wrote: »
    Some of the FPS drops are pretty terrible on the xbox.

I thought console games were supposed to run at a decent fps ?

PC master race here.
    PC Master Race
    computer-nerd-funny.jpg

tonydude wrote: »
    Played about 30 min of it and killed the big guy at start, loving the demons already. Had a job interview yesterday and that was ruining the game for me so i stopped ( expecting a call all day )

Ive been looking everywhere for the official guide book as well, all the shops will say theres been a delivery problem. The problem is its not out til wednesday

Best of luck hope ya get it.
    Make sure to take a couple of sick days so you can finish dark souls, they love when new employees do that

Magill wrote: »
    PC Master Race

his screen looks like a microwave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm having big trouble with this, I can't get past the area with all the knights, Undead Parish I think it's called, there isn't a bonfire anywhere? I keep dying and going back to the undead berg. I hate that it's forcing me to grind this early.
    There should be a shortcut ladder you can drop down to the bonfire in the Burg. Its just after you go down the staircase on the bridge that the dragon swoops down on.

Did you kick the ladder down at the Bonfire at Undead Burg. It creates a shortcut from Burg to Parish. You have to get to the Parish first obviously then kick it down. As for the Knights, yeah they are tough at first. Its best to fight them in an open are so you can gt around them and backstab them. Also depends on what kinda char your building, as well as weapons used for defeating them

• Advertisement

Did you kick the ladder down at the Bonfire at Undead Burg. It creates a shortcut from Burg to Parish. You have to get to the Parish first obviously then kick it down. As for the Knights, yeah they are tough at first. Its best to fight them in an open are so you can gt around them and backstab them. Also depends on what kinda char your building, as well as weapons used for defeating them
    Yeah I'm going back up that ladder and under the bridge, but I can't find the next bonfire, I run out of flasks and die.

Advertisement