Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC Pool C: Ireland vs USA Eagles, Sun 11 Sep 7am; Pre/During/Post Match Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Ireland by less than 20
    make it easy for you and vinny :D,going by sextons last few games specially today against usa,he shouldn't get 10 shirt,weather or not he play another position ,shows hes lack of world cup experience,sextons kicking was crap
    forgot to add if sexton plays against Aussies, Ireland will defo lose if he plays as bad as he did today,no sexton for Aussie game and see ,maybe if improvement in his kicking,get a shot at Italy game,maybe
    circos wrote: »
    Sexton plays as bad we lose? Good one. Take off those tinted glasses!

We had more than one bad performance today!

What does any of this mean? Have you ever tried using 'the' in any of your posts. Or any qualifying words in the English language for that matter. It would make them intelligible - well maybe not.. It comes across a bit like "Me like rugby. Me go games. Me hungry, give food. Tarzan eat bigfella hippo. Show Jane lanyard behind baobab."...only less understandable and remove the punctuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Ireland by less than 20
    I literally have no idea what this means

make it easy for you and vinny :D,going by sextons last few games specially today against usa,he shouldn't get 10 shirt,weather or not he play another position ,shows hes lack of world cup experience,sextons kicking was crap
    Thats all very well but on its day capital letters and proper grammar are the best on the pitch in my book.

Oh and drop Comma he's constantly in the wrong positions

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

USA
    Nope. Four wins without bonus points would see us top the pool in every scenario other than the one I mentioned.

If we win our four games with no bonuses we will have 16 points. If Oz get a losing bonus point against us and 10 points against the USA and Russia they'll have 16. In this scenario they'll have a superior points difference and top the group. Unless it comes down to head to head record.

But it's irrelevant because Oz will hammer us.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

USA
    jacothelad wrote: »
    What does any of this mean? Have you ever tried using 'the' in any of your posts. Or any qualifying words in the English language for that matter. It would make them intelligible - well maybe not.. It comes across a bit like "Me like rugby. Me go games. Me hungry, give food. Tarzan eat bigfella hippo. Show Jane lanyard behind baobab."...only less understandable and remove the punctuation.

I forgot a comma calm down grammar nazi...

Ireland by less than 20
    And just for irony's sake your name is nothing but capital letters with 2 spelling mistakes.

Lolzers.

• Advertisement

Ireland by less than 20
    jacothelad wrote: »

I forgot a comma calm down grammar nazi...
    nah the tit above you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Thats all very well but on its day capital letters and proper grammar are the best on the pitch in my book.

no sleep in 48 hours can do that too you but you get the point

USA
    nah the tit above you ;)
    Hopefully so. My English teacher would be upset. :(

And just for irony's sake your name is nothing but capital letters with 2 spelling mistakes.

Lolzers.

have a coffee:D

Ireland by less than 20

No sleep in 48 hours can do that to you. But you get the point.
    Now dosen't that look lovely?

• Advertisement

Hopefully so. My English teacher would be upset. :(

dont pay attention to them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

danthefan wrote: »
    Jokeshop stuff. And I'm not exactly sure what you wanted Sexton to do.

He was right next to Trinh Duc, I wanted him to tackle him, or obstruct him and give away a penalty.

Mind you, I don't know why i bother, you clearly don't remember it if you think it was from a lineout.

yes ,its lovely,as long as sexton doesnt play unless he improves ;)

if ireland emptied the bench ,we would have done way better

USA

How can he improve without playing...

You seem to really dislike the lad.

I don't think either fly-half had a great day. Sexton had more chances with the boot is all.

Ireland by less than 20

Funny thing is I agree with you..

Curse your logic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭JRant

How can any player expect to perform and improve if he knows even before he takes the field he's coming off at the 50/60 minute mark, regardless of how he's playing.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

USA
    JRant wrote: »
    How can any player expect to perform and improve if he knows even before he takes the field he's coming off at the 50/60 minute mark, regardless of how he's playing.

And that they are playing with a scrum half that they wouldn't be as comfortable with. I still don't get the leinster/munster split on 9 and 10.

If there are any two positions you'd want to be in sync its 9 and 10 IMHO.

Sets up the whole backline.

both 10's can kick better than they did,agree or disagree
    is it nerves with sexton ???
    they guys are pro's so saying he might be off 50 or 60 min no excuse for kicking today,do France have this problem when they change their number 10,no they don't
    the whole team don't jell together,you can blame management all you like but the problem still be there if there was new coach

And that they are playing with a scrum half that they wouldn't be as comfortable with. I still don't get the leinster/munster split on 9 and 10.

Exactly right, i can not understand it at all. Also starting our world cup campaign with the young lad Murray at 9 was borderline insanity. All the pressure the team is under to start producing and Kidney pull this nonsensical stunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

bm1993 wrote: »
    If we win our four games with no bonuses we will have 16 points. If Oz get a losing bonus point against us and 10 points against the USA and Russia they'll have 16. In this scenario they'll have a superior points difference and top the group. Unless it comes down to head to head record.

But it's irrelevant because Oz will hammer us.

Nah points difference doesn't matter it's head to head.

as far as 9 and 10 goes
    sexton/reddan and o gara /murray
    but then we have d'arcy

USA
    Thread may be a tad off topic now...

USA
    as far as 9 and 10 goes
    sexton/reddan and o gara /murray
    but then we have d'arcy

Im lost...Do you mean Darcy is a bad?

Ireland by less than 20

they guys are pro's so saying he might be off 50 or 60 min no excuse for kicking today,do France have this problem when they change their number 10,no they don't
    the whole team don't jell together,you can blame management all you like but the problem still be there if there was new coach
    ye bruv dem kickas be all Nah man de ball go all wiyid but dem fans be hatin? ahh bt we need mimic dose frenchies cos dey kick all wikkid even if de bruvas be diff innit? dont get all up in kiddogs grills coz of da bog dog got bumped dem irritants all be stayin? this sht be wack

Obviously both 10's could have been better with the boot, no arguments there.
    Well France do have a problem there and for the same reasons. 10 is such a specialized position that they thrive on confidence. Hence all the money spent on sports psychology.
    And your pretty much spot on, we are not a team.

Funny thing is I agree with you..

Curse your logic

my logic today after usa game,i was $£$%%% with the whole team
    why is it that leinster/munster/ulster can play great or better if you want too put it that way, but when it comes to ireland,just dont,we had this in eddie o Sullivan time and kidney do we need a coach outside ireland who never coached in ireland or what

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

He was right next to Trinh Duc, I wanted him to tackle him, or obstruct him and give away a penalty.

Mind you, I don't know why i bother, you clearly don't remember it if you think it was from a lineout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uqaXWMAG-Y

2:35 in that video.

Sexton and Trinh Duc jump for the ball. Is Sexton supposed to take him out in the air? Or before he has the ball?

Obviously both 10's could have been better with the boot, no arguments there.
    Well France do have a problem there and for the same reasons. 10 is such a specialized position that they thrive on confidence. Hence all the money spent on sports psychology.
    And your pretty much spot on, we are not a team.

i was for kidney and management staying after world cup but now i think we need a international coach outside ireland and that never coached here so can work with a clean sheet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

tolosenc wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uqaXWMAG-Y

2:35 in that video.

Sexton and Trinh Duc jump for the ball. Is Sexton supposed to take him out in the air? Or before he has the ball?

Anytime really, do you think Sexton was unable to stop him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement