Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

holdfast wrote: »
    Read an article on the lancet this morning that weightwatchers was twice as effective for weight loss compared to other programs. I taught it might be of interest to so people

They were talking about that on the radio, think it made a news bulletin

Lainy I have a griddle pan its brilliant! all the fat runs away from the food and I only ever use the spray oil on the pan a tiny amount!

well I worked out the PP for my lasagne and its not as bad as I expected! depending on how many portions I get its 6 pp to 10PP I will see what portion size I get when serving if the 6pp one is tiny I will eat a bigger one! I will bulk it up with loads of veg any way I love veg! so happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Hey,
    Just wondering what would ye pp chic vol au vonts and chips at in a restaurant? Also any idea how many pp in a homemade fairy cake bun??
    Thanks...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PharmNS

Re Vol-au-Vents........I would imagine that's a pretty high PP dish. A medium Vol-au-vent is 5PP, that's one that's about 3 inches across. Anything pastry is always high. Then the chicken filling is usually a cream sauce - it's impossible to know but it prob contains cream, butter, flour so it's probably very high as well, hard to guess if you don't have a recipe. Then chips are chips! So can't give you a definite answer but it sounds yum 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

audi02 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Just wondering what would ye pp chic vol au vonts and chips at in a restaurant? Also any idea how many pp in a homemade fairy cake bun??
    Thanks...:)

best thing is go to the tesco website...and find the closest thing to what you had. all the NI info is on there , thats what i do and then 1 or 2 pp to be on the safe side

PharmNS wrote: »
    Re Vol-au-Vents........I would imagine that's a pretty high PP dish. A medium Vol-au-vent is 5PP, that's one that's about 3 inches across. Anything pastry is always high. Then the chicken filling is usually a cream sauce - it's impossible to know but it prob contains cream, butter, flour so it's probably very high as well, hard to guess if you don't have a recipe. Then chips are chips! So can't give you a definite answer but it sounds yum 

It was yum but afterwards then i was thinking oh god what have i done!!! even though i really only had a handful of chips so allowed 20 for them and with the vol au vonts there wasnt much chic in them an i didnt eat most of the sauce so i allowed 15 for that!! Prob been a bit too good to myself there!!!

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    best thing is go to the tesco website...and find the closest thing to what you had. all the NI info is on there , thats what i do and then 1 or 2 pp to be on the safe side

Thanks I never thought of doing that..ill try it now!cheers!

audi02 wrote: »
    It was yum but afterwards then i was thinking oh god what have i done!!! even though i really only had a handful of chips so allowed 20 for them and with the vol au vonts there wasnt much chic in them an i didnt eat most of the sauce so i allowed 15 for that!! Prob been a bit too good to myself there!!!

Ah, if you didn't eat the whole portion I wouldn't worry too much, you could well be over-pointing it now! I adore Vol-au vents so occasionally have two for 10PP (as a treat) than make the chicken part using condensed low-fat mushroom or chicken soup with loads of peppers, mushrooms, onions etc. Delish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Butternut squash chips in the oven...

Butternutsquash and spicy tomateo 0 point soup on the cooker...

Theses BNS better be good lol :)

I'm so on for the stone by christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I love BNS...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'd love a stone gone by Christmas! Lost a stone already but I can't really see the difference. Hopefully if I lose another stone by Christmas I will begin to see the difference.

• Advertisement

Ah, if you didn't eat the whole portion I wouldn't worry too much, you could well be over-pointing it now! I adore Vol-au vents so occasionally have two for 10PP (as a treat) than make the chicken part using condensed low-fat mushroom or chicken soup with loads of peppers, mushrooms, onions etc. Delish!!

I always think its better to over point to be on the safe side!! I'm also on for the stone gone by xmas..best of luck everyone! WE CAN DO IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Two days in, Folks, and am still on track :D Out in my sister's all day minding my niece and packed my lunch to bring with me. Have my fruit & yogurt in the fridge for breakfast and have my curly wurly in my bag to have while I'm watching Doctor Who :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

Baby75 wrote: »
    Excellent, great so many feel the same as me really want a stone gone by Christmas so will we do a group thing or something or better we just post our loss on Christmas eve :D if we are not out having fun that it :D what do you think!

sarahfancy oh gale winds on the way you can keep an eye on Katia here http://www.stormpulse.com/hurricane-katia-2011 stay safe any way might just have a night of wind and rain as long as no one is in danger any way!

Lainy is that a ww recipe I am craving warm foods lately kids and hubby want lasagne but not my ww one kit one :eek: if I have it with salad I can stay with in points I want to be extra careful! oh yea read that about the snow there is a page on facebook irishweatheronline you can find them on my page but they are normally bang on with weather and have great links to potential of another cold winter yikes!

I found my books as well yay! so can point better now as well!

Maybe log out weight loss every two weeks, that way we can set mini goals!

I love BNS...

The soup was so spicy but yummy!! I'm going to use it as a 0pp sauce for pasta tomorrow i think...

Had the bns chips with salad and chicken was yummy!! glad i risked it... only down side is i went back for another slice of bread with the soup and went over my dailys by two cause of it lol :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

holdfast wrote: »
    Read an article on the lancet this morning that weightwatchers was twice as effective for weight loss compared to other programs. I taught it might be of interest to so people

Its good to know we are in the right place so!

The soup was so spicy but yummy!! I'm going to use it as a 0pp sauce for pasta tomorrow i think...

Had the bns chips with salad and chicken was yummy!! glad i risked it... only down side is i went back for another slice of bread with the soup and went over my dailys by two cause of it lol :P

Any chance you could post the soup recipe? I'm sorry if you have already put it up, I have tried to search the thread but I can't see it 

Any chance you could post the soup recipe? I'm sorry if you have already put it up, I have tried to search the thread but I can't see it 

Its in the blue book I got in my folder but i hadnt got all the ingredients so here was my take on it:

1 butternut squash peeled/deseeded/chopped in to squares
    1 diced red pepper
    red chilli deseeded and diced
    Onion
    6 tomatoes
    2 chopped garlic cloves
    Salt & Pepper

Just chopped everything up into a roasing tin with some fry lite for 45 mins when it was ready i added 500ml of boiling water and blitzed the life out of it added another 500ml boiling water blitzed some more and brought to boil in a saucepan

IT WAS AMAZINGLY GOOD

what consistancy is it? i made BNS soup before when i started ww and it was very watery didnt like it at all...

what consistancy is it? i made BNS soup before when i started ww and it was very watery didnt like it at all...

mine was nice and thick i had plenty of veg in it so that prob helped.. if you wanted it thicker you could maybe leave out the second helping of water.. did you ever try the chips?

Got a hand blender in dunnes for €9.99 great for soup and smoothies!!

Its in the blue book I got in my folder but i hadnt got all the ingredients so here was my take on it:

1 butternut squash peeled/deseeded/chopped in to squares
    1 diced red pepper
    red chilli deseeded and diced
    Onion
    6 tomatoes
    2 chopped garlic cloves
    Salt & Pepper

Just chopped everything up into a roasing tin with some fry lite for 45 mins when it was ready i added 500ml of boiling water and blitzed the life out of it added another 500ml boiling water blitzed some more and brought to boil in a saucepan

IT WAS AMAZINGLY GOOD

Cheers so much! Might try that Monday  After a quick google so I actually am sure what the BNS looks like when I get to tesco! I'm not very adventurous when it comes to veggies.

On a different note, we are all obviously having a quiet wknd..............usually there's no-one on here on a Saturday!

• Advertisement

Cheers so much! Might try that Monday  After a quick google so I actually am sure what the BNS looks like when I get to tesco! I'm not very adventurous when it comes to veggies.

On a different note, we are all obviously having a quiet wknd..............usually there's no-one on here on a Saturday!

no one wants to go out in THISSS
    > points out the window....we all might wake up in oz! (wizard of oz...not Australia)

how do you know if a BNS is ripe? i think last one i got wasn't ripe...and took FOREVER to peal and chop it was rock hard.

> points out the window....we all might wake up in oz! (wizard of oz...not Australia)

how do you know if a BNS is ripe? i think last one i got wasn't ripe...and took FOREVER to peal and chop it was rock hard.

Not sure Lainy today was the first time i ever bought one! Got them in a fruit and veg shop.. used a potato peeler to peal so was a quick job :)

No way was I going out in that wind it nearly blew me off the road today... todays shopping counts as activity because of the wind resisting me!

Not sure about ripeness?? Just watched a you-tube vid there, she just said make sure it's beige and smooth! She said you need a serrated peeler or else it's impossible to peel. She said microwave for 3 mins first to loosen and soften skin and that should help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gillou83

hi every1. just joined today. been on ww before and lost 4 stone on the old point system but have put a stone back on after keepin it all off for 9 years. bit confused with the new points system. been doing the diet for 5 days now and lost 3lbs. been stickin to 29 pp daily but dont know if its right. im 27 5ft6 11st 11lbs and have a fairly active job. any help or advice would be great.:D

gillou83 wrote: »
    hi every1. just joined today. been on ww before and lost 4 stone on the old point system but have put a stone back on after keepin it all off for 9 years. bit confused with the new points system. been doing the diet for 5 days now and lost 3lbs. been stickin to 29 pp daily but dont know if its right. im 27 5ft6 11st 11lbs and have a fairly active job. any help or advice would be great.:D

Well as regards calculating points try get the calculator cos the wheel yoke would confuse Einstein!!
    Just read all the books from scratch and try forget all about the old plan.
    The 49 weekly points are there to be used so if you're struggling do use them - no point killing yourself and being hungry on 29PP because that's not sustainable. Are you having trouble with anything in particular?

Ment to ask earlier.. some of the girls at my meeting were talking about tesco lite choices and there points on the package been handy... when me and my bf were shopping in tesco yesterday everything i was looking at had just points on it... am i rith in thinking the girls had it wrong?

Ment to ask earlier.. some of the girls at my meeting were talking about tesco lite choices and there points on the package been handy... when me and my bf were shopping in tesco yesterday everything i was looking at had just points on it... am i rith in thinking the girls had it wrong?

thats the old points on the tesco light choices.

I dont think tesco will be updating the packaging...that would cost a a fortune.

thats the old points on the tesco light choices.

I dont think tesco will be updating the packaging...that would cost a a fortune.

thats what i taught il have to mention it on tuesday cause its a girl that started the same week as me and shes not doing aswell as she should be.. shes very active and tracking everything but not getting the results.. maybe shes under pointing because of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I would imagine Tesco will eventually update their packaging but will take a while. It's something for us all to bear in mind. ,Marks and Spencers have the points on some of their products, think their pp,but not sure??

• Advertisement

m'lady wrote: »
    I would imagine Tesco will eventually update their packaging but will take a while. It's something for us all to bear in mind. ,Marks and Spencers have the points on some of their products, think their pp,but not sure??

M&S have Pro Points i checked the M&S stuff i have in freezer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement