Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I think the unanimous verdict is to bring your own lunch. Buying lunch every day can really set you back financially and WW wise. For example, thick catering bread, the minimum PP I would give that is 6PP for 2 slices (it could be more for all we know) then your mayo (tbsp = 3PP but you have no control on how much they put on, no matter how many times I say "tiny bit" it still gets lashed on) then whatever filling, the best probably being the cold chicken (guestimate at 3PP). So that is a minimum of 12PP for a sandwich which quite frankly, I dont think sandwiches are that filling at all and are gone in seconds.

If you are set on sandwiches, the best thing is to bring your bread and the sandwich ingredients packed seperately and prepare the sandwich at lunchtime. I always prepare my lunch for work the night before but unless I am making a salad, everything gets packaged seperately. You can also bring wraps, pitta's, WW bagels etc and do the same thing. Also, pasta salad or chicken salad, make the night before and bring the dressing in a seperate container (as putting it on the night before can make the lettuce soggy). Also, on those real wintery days, if you have access to a microwave, you could bring some of your cottage pie or a smaller portion of any of the dinners you make. Also a good one for winter, is soup in a flask, although only feasible if you have access to a microwave as it probably won't stay warm and you can have it with a couple of slices of soda bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

well for the burger bun tonight....i opted for 2 wholemeal ww pitta breads :D

burgers 10pp, pitta breads 6pp thats actually quite points wise for my dinner 16pp plus 1pp for mayo! Thats is about the average for my dinners cos i'm on a higher daily point allowance.

I had a light breakfast, and having a sensible lunch, so even with that dinner, still have some dailies left for tonight...but i know i wont stick to the points....this is my first night out ALLLLLLLLLL SUMMER! I've been a hermit...I actually had to physically dust off my "going out" clothes! I refuse to go out tonight without a proper meal in me! cos i'll end up on the floor after 1 drink! EAT DRINK DANCE

I'll bring cottage pie, and tortilla quiche at times too, but sandwiches for college just the easiest option. it'll all depend on my schedule for college. if its feasible for me to make something the night before i will...but salads and sandwhiches made the night before ick! and even making them at 7am to be eaten at like 2 or 3 in the day they arent as nice freshly made.

Going to luck out for one of those lunch boxes with the compartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Lady Lainy wrote: »

burgers 10pp, pitta breads 6pp thats actually quite points wise for my dinner 16pp plus 1pp for mayo! Thats is about the average for my dinners cos i'm on a higher daily point allowance.

I had a light breakfast, and having a sensible lunch, so even with that dinner, still have some dailies left for tonight...but i know i wont stick to the points....this is my first night out ALLLLLLLLLL SUMMER! I've been a hermit...I actually had to physically dust off my "going out" clothes! I refuse to go out tonight without a proper meal in me! cos i'll end up on the floor after 1 drink! EAT DRINK DANCE

I'll bring cottage pie, and tortilla quiche at times too, but sandwiches for college just the easiest option. it'll all depend on my schedule for college. if its feasible for me to make something the night before i will...but salads and sandwhiches made the night before ick! and even making them at 7am to be eaten at like 2 or 3 in the day they arent as nice freshly made.

Enjoy your night out!!! You deserve it! Especially after not being out all summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

Hi joined WW last week and lost 3.5lbs. Delighted with myself but need help outside of the class and this looks the perfect place to get it. On a number of threads it mentions people posting receipies yet I cant seem to find them anywhere? please help

Hi joined WW last week and lost 3.5lbs. Delighted with myself but need help outside of the class and this looks the perfect place to get it. On a number of threads it mentions people posting receipies yet I cant seem to find them anywhere? please help

recipes are in this thread....just a matter of goin thru the thread when you have time. they want us to keep all ww stuff to a single thread...so anytime u see a recipe you like or even remotely interested in on here, eastiest thing is just copy and paste it into WORD and save it to your computer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

Thanks Lady Lainey, will browse it tonight when I have more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Lady Lainy wrote: »

Have fun tonight and let me know how you get on.. you can be my inspiration that i can do well at the wedding monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Would anybody be able to say roughly how many pp would be in a 3 in 1 tray from a Chinese? I only had half!!!

m'lady wrote: »
    Would anybody be able to say roughly how many pp would be in a 3 in 1 tray from a Chinese? I only had half!!!

Only you would be able to really guestimate it. Have a look at the amount of rice and chips you had and try and guess the PP and then add a few PP for curry sauce. I would probably call the curry sauce about 4 or 5PP and I suppose the chips and rice, maybe 10/12PP (in half a tray). I could be way off though.

Actually, Skinny Doll's Blog points half bag of chips at 14PP per half a bag :eek: and a tub of curry sauce at 8PP. Then the rice would depend on how much you think you had. 24PP for a bag of chips from the chinese, omg :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Oh god thanks Monife... think I'll just scrap all my weekly pp!! Though in fairness I didn't eat much all day, cos was so busy. Bad food choice though. Thankfully went to the gym this morning and will hit tomorrow with a vengeance!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

weight.png

Another pound down - yay!!Know its a pound but am happy to be down

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Eabhabear wrote: »

Thanks very much!

So happy was down another 2lbs this week. That means I've 1st 1/2lb gone in just 4 weeks. I really hope I can stick with it an get a bit more off. Well done to everyone on their losses this week. An those who had a bad week, good luck this week, dont let it put ye off track.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

weight.png

Another pound down - yay!!Know its a pound but am happy to be down

Thats great news...just remember pounds make stones! Every little helps!

home sweet home....we shall ignore the burger and chips wrapper in th corner! didnt drink much....lets just say it wasn't really a club for us......so really didnt enjoy the night...which means i came home with lots of money.... i hate spending money on crap nightgs....didnt drink much...but prob ate too much LOL

hillbillies! havent had one in about a year....possibly the best chicken burger I've ever had! hehe! night night all....

lots of water and quorn based foods for the weekend...need to declog my body before college on monday....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Im trying to catch up missed so much! well done on all the weight loss every one!

I was up 1.5 :o oooops thinking about it I know why now! so back to being very careful pointing every thing and tracking!!!! I got a bit relaxed I think!

Bummer is, I can not for the life of me find my books for reference :mad: you know when you tidy them away to keep them safe and poof gone so annoying! I only had them the other day !!!

can any one tell me what PP are in weetabix two pieces with 1% milk! I recycled the box!

I hope to have a stone gone for Christmas! so down to serious hard work!

Some one mention the WW mag I normally get it for recipes but the last two I am not impressed with at it at all may be or two recipes i would try! I do adapt them to suit or try changing an ingredient to ones I like, but still they have had better ones in the past.

any one else craving warm food now casseroles, stews and the like!

GT read your thread sorry I wouldnt know what the answer is, my guess would be to eat below recomended amounts for saturated fat, sugar etc and when you reach goal to stick to recommended daily amounts to Maintain. but i could be completely wrong !

Lainy well done on booking the trip my brother did something like that for one summer he loved it! be careful with the food not for a weight loss more so you do not get sick!

ok so who with me on 1 stone gone by Christmas eve!

any one in the west/north! batten down your hatches see Hurricane Katia heading our way

Baby75 wrote: »
    Im trying to catch up missed so much! well done on all the weight loss every one!

I was up 1.5 :o oooops thinking about it I know why now! so back to being very careful pointing every thing and tracking!!!! I got a bit relaxed I think!

Bummer is, I can not for the life of me find my books for reference :mad: you know when you tidy them away to keep them safe and poof gone so annoying! I only had them the other day !!!

can any one tell me what PP are in weetabix two pieces with 1% milk! I recycled the box!

I hope to have a stone gone for Christmas! so down to serious hard work!

Some one mention the WW mag I normally get it for recipes but the last two I am not impressed with at it at all may be or two recipes i would try! I do adapt them to suit or try changing an ingredient to ones I like, but still they have had better ones in the past.

any one else craving warm food now casseroles, stews and the like!

GT read your thread sorry I wouldnt know what the answer is, my guess would be to eat below recomended amounts for saturated fat, sugar etc and when you reach goal to stick to recommended daily amounts to Maintain. but i could be completely wrong !

Lainy well done on booking the trip my brother did something like that for one summer he loved it! be careful with the food not for a weight loss more so you do not get sick!

ok so who with me on 1 stone gone by Christmas eve!

any one in the west/north! batten down your hatches see Hurricane Katia heading our way

I'll give it a try! 14lbs for christmas...even if i fail....at least i'm trying....my intentions to be healthy are there!

down 0.5lbs this week....i was REALLY bad last well....i was bad this week...just not as bad....i say its water loss....the club was so hot last night....make running off everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Baby75 I am with you on the stone by Christmas!

Am in the west as well, not sure whether to be worried. We live near Lough Corrib but I work in Galway, should be a wild night. Luckily not many trees out here in the country.

sarahfancy wrote: »
    Baby75 I am with you on the stone by Christmas!

Am in the west as well, not sure whether to be worried. We live near Lough Corrib but I work in Galway, should be a wild night. Luckily not many trees out here in the country.

I've starting makeing my quorn cottage pie again! gale force winds tonight here...and snow in october expected!

Baby75... I'm with you on a stone for Christmas too. I'm also gonna try and shift the first half stone by Halloween..breaking it up a bit!

Well am very proud of myself, got up and went to gym this morning,when all I wanted was my bed! It's my first weekend off in a month.

Did an hour on treadmill, and got 6 km. Am sore now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Baby 75, I'm trying for a stone for Christmas too, been faffing about the last few weeks - I actually think the fact I had lost the bones of almost two stone, the compliments I was getting from people and being able to buy size 14 trousers for the first time in a thousand years had made me a bit big headed and lax in following the program. Anyway the weight loss to date is tip of the iceberg so I'm being damn good this week and hopefully will see a change in the right direction \/ downwards! next week!

Roll on Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

Baby75 i'm in on the stone by christmas club! New to the ww malarky so a goal like that is needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT YOUR ProPoints® CALCULATOR PURCHASE
    Ensuring that we continue to offer you an effective and scientifically proven weight management programme is a continuous process. Our aim is to make the ProPoints® plan as liveable and flexible as possible to support those looking to lose and maintain their weight.
    As part of this ongoing development, in November 2011, we will be introducing some fantastic enhancements to the ProPoints plan. This will mean that the tracking feature in the 2011 edition of the ProPoints Calculator may not fully support you if choose to adopt one of the enhancements to the plan. We will be introducing a new ProPoints plan Calculator which is updated to support all the enhancements to the plan and has the added benefit of improved functionality, but this will not be available for purchase until January 2012.
    The enhancements to the plan will not change the way you calculate ProPoints values in food.
    does anyone know anything about this???from ww site

tantipie wrote: »
    IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT YOUR ProPoints® CALCULATOR PURCHASE
    Ensuring that we continue to offer you an effective and scientifically proven weight management programme is a continuous process. Our aim is to make the ProPoints® plan as liveable and flexible as possible to support those looking to lose and maintain their weight.
    As part of this ongoing development, in November 2011, we will be introducing some fantastic enhancements to the ProPoints plan. This will mean that the tracking feature in the 2011 edition of the ProPoints Calculator may not fully support you if choose to adopt one of the enhancements to the plan. We will be introducing a new ProPoints plan Calculator which is updated to support all the enhancements to the plan and has the added benefit of improved functionality, but this will not be available for purchase until January 2012.
    The enhancements to the plan will not change the way you calculate ProPoints values in food.
    does anyone know anything about this???from ww site

havent heard anything from ww online...but I do think its positive that they are updating it, maybe making changes based peoples feedback.
    maybe its to include how to point alcohol cos that his a hot topic for alot of people. its good to see them striving to make it programme up to date!

I'd really like to see calorie content included in the points...cos a calorie is a calorie...

Excellent, great so many feel the same as me really want a stone gone by Christmas so will we do a group thing or something or better we just post our loss on Christmas eve :D if we are not out having fun that it :D what do you think!

sarahfancy oh gale winds on the way you can keep an eye on Katia here http://www.stormpulse.com/hurricane-katia-2011 stay safe any way might just have a night of wind and rain as long as no one is in danger any way!

Lainy is that a ww recipe I am craving warm foods lately kids and hubby want lasagne but not my ww one kit one :eek: if I have it with salad I can stay with in points I want to be extra careful! oh yea read that about the snow there is a page on facebook irishweatheronline you can find them on my page but they are normally bang on with weather and have great links to potential of another cold winter yikes!

I found my books as well yay! so can point better now as well!

Excellent, great so many feel the same as me really want a stone gone by Christmas so will we do a group thing or something or better we just post our loss on Christmas eve :D if we are not out having fun that it :D what do you think!

sarahfancy oh gale winds on the way you can keep an eye on Katia here http://www.stormpulse.com/hurricane-katia-2011 stay safe any way might just have a night of wind and rain as long as no one is in danger any way!

Lainy is that a ww recipe I am craving warm foods lately kids and hubby want lasagne but not my ww one kit one :eek: if I have it with salad I can stay with in points I want to be extra careful! oh yea read that about the snow there is a page on facebook irishweatheronline you can find them on my page but they are normally bang on with weather and have great links to potential of another cold winter yikes!

I found my books as well yay! so can point better now as well!

yeah its from the ww cookbook for one. Mince is just so high in points! And the really good lean mince is so freaking expensive. Quorn for works out better value in points and money. just gotta season the crap out of it. knorr stock pots, Worcestershire sauce, tea spoon of beef gravy granules. and i bulk it up these days wtih 1/2 a grated courgette...

google weather gaget is pretty good for weather, well for me it. cos it takes its readings from cork airport, which is about 5 mins up the road :)

Lainy I got some Worcestershire sauce this week, Yea I know mince is so high! I am going to point it and I always dry fry it and then I have even been know to wash it with boiling water to wash away the fat then I season it it has to help LOL husband a big meat eater! I might try Quron but would have to behind his back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

Oh dear, have struggled the last 3 weeks have totally not been doing ww properly and need to get back on track this week. Also back at college and need to start taking a lunch with me. I'm even afraid to get weighed.
    But anyway i'm with all of you in trying to lose a stone by Christmas

Lainy I got some Worcestershire sauce this week, Yea I know mince is so high! I am going to point it and I always dry fry it and then I have even been know to wash it with boiling water to wash away the fat then I season it it has to help LOL husband a big meat eater! I might try Quron but would have to behind his back! :D

dunnes have tefel frying pans for 12 euro. best thing i ever got!
    next on the list tefel griddle pan and wok :D
    the very most i use these days is 1/2 teaspoon of rapeseed oil...and only if i really need it. but most of the time dont use any oil anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

Read an article on the lancet this morning that weightwatchers was twice as effective for weight loss compared to other programs. I taught it might be of interest to so people

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement