Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Good Work today Lady Lainy.. these recipes will keep me busy next weekend :)

Baby75 wrote: »
    )

blueshark22 good Idea so we can update if we want! we could put something in our signature either a ticker or just our goal! just an idea but either way we can help each other along:)

Can we do this? 14lb by Christmas is very do-able and were here for motivation not as a competition so I cant see anything negative coming from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Good Work today Lady Lainy.. these recipes will keep me busy next weekend :)

let me know how they go....Might try the pasta beef next week....depending on how much time i have and money to get some lean beef :) expensive week!

Look outside....I need a new winter jacket.....:( fat ppl coats so expensive....50 euro! and thats a CHEAP coat :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Lainy THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It's like you read my mind. I asked my mum a few days ago does she have any stew recipes. I craving them atm because of the weather!

Count me in for the stone by xmas. It fits in with my goals perfectly. I'm hoping to get my 2nd stone on Weds which actually ties in with my one year at WW. So fingers crossed!! I've been really good all week and within points. I went out last night and didn't drink and still somehow managed to be the life of the party :D So I'm hoping the dancing and walking will get me that 0.5lb on Weds!!

Good luck to everyone with WI's this week!!

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Lainy THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It's like you read my mind. I asked my mum a few days ago does she have any stew recipes. I craving them atm because of the weather!

Count me in for the stone by xmas. It fits in with my goals perfectly. I'm hoping to get my 2nd stone on Weds which actually ties in with my one year at WW. So fingers crossed!! I've been really good all week and within points. I went out last night and didn't drink and still somehow managed to be the life of the party :D So I'm hoping the dancing and walking will get me that 0.5lb on Weds!!

yeah its comfort food season now! Salads and grilled chicken really dont cut it! Hell they dont cut it even the good weather with me anyways haha! :P

• Advertisement

ProPoints® Value: 0
    Servings: 6
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 60 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

This velvety soup is simple enough for a weekday meal, but sophisticated enough for a special occasion

Ingredients
    1 portion(s) (large) Butternut Squash, peeled, de-seeded and diced into 1 inch cubes
    2 medium Onion, All Types, quartered
    2 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, 2 pints with hot water
    1 1/2 teaspoons Curry Powder
    1 pinch Salt, to taste
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    2 medium Spring Onions, thinly sliced, to garnish

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/425°F. Place squash and onion in a large roasting pan or baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, until squash is tender. Don't worry if some of the pieces get a bit browned - this will add to the roasted flavour of the soup.

Remove from oven. Tip into saucepan and add stock. Bring up to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool about 15 minutes - do not pour hot soup directly into food processor, or you risk it exploding. Purée in batches in blender or food processor.

Toast curry powder in a small frying pan over low heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes - be careful not to burn it. Stir into puréed soup. Season to taste and divide between six bowls. Garnish with spring onions and serve.

I dont really like BNS...but i know alot of you!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    let me know how they go....Might try the pasta beef next week....depending on how much time i have and money to get some lean beef :) expensive week!

Look outside....I need a new winter jacket.....:( fat ppl coats so expensive....50 euro! and thats a CHEAP coat :O

I love blogging and i love cooking so my boyfriend was saying i should take pics of the meals as i make them and blog bout them... will see :) but your recapies are def been made next sat!!

Good luck at collage tomorrow!! be good :)

ProPoints® Value: 0
    Servings: 6
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 60 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

This velvety soup is simple enough for a weekday meal, but sophisticated enough for a special occasion

Ingredients
    1 portion(s) (large) Butternut Squash, peeled, de-seeded and diced into 1 inch cubes
    2 medium Onion, All Types, quartered
    2 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, 2 pints with hot water
    1 1/2 teaspoons Curry Powder
    1 pinch Salt, to taste
    1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
    2 medium Spring Onions, thinly sliced, to garnish

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/425°F. Place squash and onion in a large roasting pan or baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, until squash is tender. Don't worry if some of the pieces get a bit browned - this will add to the roasted flavour of the soup.

Remove from oven. Tip into saucepan and add stock. Bring up to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool about 15 minutes - do not pour hot soup directly into food processor, or you risk it exploding. Purée in batches in blender or food processor.

Toast curry powder in a small frying pan over low heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes - be careful not to burn it. Stir into puréed soup. Season to taste and divide between six bowls. Garnish with spring onions and serve.

I dont really like BNS...but i know alot of you!

The other bns soup i made was nice but my love for curry is unreal im making this tuesday!! iv the wedding tomorrow.. have my weetabix with me for breckie... then my soup for lunch n then im going mad with my points at the wedding!! its a buffet dont know how il control myself!!

Eabhabear wrote: »

best of luck wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Eep. What a trying first week (back to WW having put on all the weight I lost the last time I was there :-( ) I was doing so well, really focusing my energies on filling and healthy food and sticking like a leader to my 29 points a day and then I had a very important family occasion last night that merited a dinner out. I had the most amazing butternut squash cannelloni which was probably more butter than butternut squash and do you think I could keep my fork out of the communal flourless chocolate cake dessert? It's annoying me particularly because my weigh in is a Monday - if it was later in the week I could get back on track but I really worried I'm not going to get a loss MY FIRST WEEK BACK. And my leader (who is wonderful, I couldn't reccommend her highly enough!) will give me the disappointed look. And I'm unable for the disappointed look :(

A stone by Christmas will get me to Gold - I do think that this is doable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

It's very blustery here in Sligo and it's due to get worse after lunch!

I would love to think I'd be able to lose a stone by Christmas, but I think perhaps a half stone is a more achievable goal for me. I'm about 8lbs from goal so fingers crossed my present to myself will be my WW gold card.

Wasn't very good this week though as I had a bad cold and wasn't able to exercise - back to the gym tonight hopefully - if I don't get blown off the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

its 13pp per serving

Thanks Lady Lainy. Looking forward to getting cooking this week! Had really bad day yesterday hunger wise, I think it might have been all the lovely receipes getting to me and the fact that I was having an extremely lazy lazy day!! However, I have a nine year old who nagged and nagged until I eventually gave in and we went for fast 30 minute walk at 7.30 pm last night (he was on his bike) and boy am I glad today that he did! Feeling very motivated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I'm feeling very cross today :mad: I've just got back to work from the Orthodontist, my face is in major pain and because of what he did, I am not allowed to eat anything containing curry for the next 8 weeks, or else I will end up with yellow teeth. Which means, that my lovely big pot of curried BNS soup that I made last night, I cannot eat :mad::mad::mad: So now I have to buy soup from the canteen at work which will cost me about 5pp and will no doubt be horrible! Not good!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

thats the old points on the tesco light choices.

I dont think tesco will be updating the packaging...that would cost a a fortune.

I just had a Tesco light choices Chicken Tikka today and it had propoints on the back, not points! So maybe they are working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

I made Celeriac & Garlic soup yesterday and it was really tasty so thought I would share

1 celeriac
    5 cloves of garlic
    1 onion
    1 veg stock cube
    200g of spuds

Put it all together in a pot and cover with the veg stock, boil until veg are soft and blend.

Really filling and only 1pp per portion

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kavanajd

Ah well, i did manage to avoid pizza on fri night, ordered a special chow mein and it was vile so ended up eatin no dinner and gorging on choc, sweets and nachos >:( >:(

I'm also wondering if any of my fellow ww members would have 1 or 2 tickets for the all ireland final on sunday? I thought I would be guaranteed one through my club but have found out that I won't be getting one. I've had a look online and ppl are charging up to 500e per ticket, its ludicrous!! I obviously can't afford abs anywhere near that kind of money, and just soooo badly wana see my boys in blue live there dream on sunday ;):cool::rolleyes::eek::confused: (there my boys in blue!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

kavanajd wrote: »
    Ah well, i did manage to avoid pizza on fri night, ordered a special chow mein and it was vile so ended up eatin no dinner and gorging on choc, sweets and nachos >:( >:(

I'm also wondering if any of my fellow ww members would have 1 or 2 tickets for the all ireland final on sunday? I thought I would be guaranteed one through my club but have found out that I won't be getting one. I've had a look online and ppl are charging up to 500e per ticket, its ludicrous!! I obviously can't afford abs anywhere near that kind of money, and just soooo badly wana see my boys in blue live there dream on sunday ;):cool::rolleyes::eek::confused: (there my boys in blue!!)

C'mon the Kingdom kavanajd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PharmNS

So, spicy tomato and BNS soup made! Really like the flavour  The colour and texture when it's being made is very very like baby food so I was a bit dubious. But as they say.......the proof is in the eating!

oh my god.....long day! and oh my god its going to be a long year....but interesting year...and guess what....NO CANTEEN.....AGAIN.....Aparently the Spar that opened in the canteen "went bust". How the hell they managed that at the prices they were selling stuff at I have no idea!

So its packed lunch at one the girls apartment. thats fine...less temptation now not having the shop right there on the campus. Just means now not even a coffee machine in the college for when its really cold!

gotta scrub out and rinse the flask tonight, get cracking on what i'm going to have for my lunch tomorrow. and going to leave one of my barrel giant mugs at the apartment for soup and big mugs of coffee :)

So this year I'm doing 11 Fetac Modules!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

oh fab recipes Lady Lainy, hope college goes well for you.

No exercise for the last few weeks, i've done my back in because of my idiotic dancing in a night club - damn vodka!! I've been on steroids until yesterday, working from home and have only been able to go for gentle short walks. I've been eating really well but because of the lack of exericse and medication, i'm back up to my goal weight of 10stone which I know isn't bad but i was about 5lbs under so it's reaaally frustrating me. Food alone will not keep my weight off, i know that now for certain. So from now on gonna get back into my walking and at least being out and about with work will help me to get those 5lbs off again.. so easy to put them on & will probably take me weeks to get them off again.

Can I ask you all, do you include a sweet treat everyday in your pp allowance??

Great Christmas Challenge really hope you all get there, would love to set a challenge too if you dont mind me joining you. Gonna aim for 7lbs and also made my mind up last week that between now and Christmas, i'm going to attend meetings more regularly. I usually go once a month but gonna try every second week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Hope u all don't mind me joining u again, am starting over after a summer of over indulgence! Back on d wagon now, long may it last;)

If anyones lookin 4a really good exercise DVD, got gillian michaels from biggest loser & boy is it tough! Off 4my punishment now...

how pp do you think are in a slice of quiche from a centra. It had ham in it.
    ww tracker online says a "slice 170g" of Sainsburys Quiche Lorraine is 10pp

i'm happy giving it that....it was lovely and filling :) cos we literly had 5 mins to grab lunch today and eat it in class, so much to take in today....but total nerdy moment...*super* excited...alot of really interesting subjects that i will actually use :D and i get to bring Rua to class too :D

Only went 4pp over my dailies...and thats cos i forgot to ask for skimmed milk in a latte at lunch, and had to use semi skimmed this morning cos i was all out of skimmed milk :D

oh fab recipes Lady Lainy, hope college goes well for you.

No exercise for the last few weeks, i've done my back in because of my idiotic dancing in a night club - damn vodka!! I've been on steroids until yesterday, working from home and have only been able to go for gentle short walks. I've been eating really well but because of the lack of exericse and medication, i'm back up to my goal weight of 10stone which I know isn't bad but i was about 5lbs under so it's reaaally frustrating me. Food alone will not keep my weight off, i know that now for certain. So from now on gonna get back into my walking and at least being out and about with work will help me to get those 5lbs off again.. so easy to put them on & will probably take me weeks to get them off again.

Can I ask you all, do you include a sweet treat everyday in your pp allowance??

Great Christmas Challenge really hope you all get there, would love to set a challenge too if you dont mind me joining you. Gonna aim for 7lbs and also made my mind up last week that between now and Christmas, i'm going to attend meetings more regularly. I usually go once a month but gonna try every second week.

I'm taking none of the credit for the recipes....I only found them, didnt create them!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 brenmcp

down 3lbs, woo hoo, have me mojo back, am totally up for the 14lb xmas challenge:)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

tantipie wrote: »
    IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT YOUR ProPoints® CALCULATOR PURCHASE
    Ensuring that we continue to offer you an effective and scientifically proven weight management programme is a continuous process. Our aim is to make the ProPoints® plan as liveable and flexible as possible to support those looking to lose and maintain their weight.
    As part of this ongoing development, in November 2011, we will be introducing some fantastic enhancements to the ProPoints plan. This will mean that the tracking feature in the 2011 edition of the ProPoints Calculator may not fully support you if choose to adopt one of the enhancements to the plan. We will be introducing a new ProPoints plan Calculator which is updated to support all the enhancements to the plan and has the added benefit of improved functionality, but this will not be available for purchase until January 2012.
    The enhancements to the plan will not change the way you calculate ProPoints values in food.
    does anyone know anything about this???from ww site

Apparently the new calculator will allow you to track. It won't have a full tracking facility - more like the clicker. The current calculators are currently reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Supermummy

hi guys had my weigh in, i was the same as last week 11st 2lbs, im bitterly dissapointed due to fact i had 1 run, 3 walks and didnt go over my points. must be fact that i lost 7lbs the week before but anyhow ill keep chin up and keep going. I feel slimmer not as bloated this week so that is good.I got back to the the gym last night and did 30 mins on treadmill 10mins on cross trainer and so wanted to do some weights but there was alot of guys lifting weights and so i kind of left as was bit embarrassed. Hope yer all keeping well. Made myself a non meat dinner last night was rushing to get out door so had amoy straight to work noodles 3pp, amoy peanut satay sause 3pp and chickpeas half tin 2 pp and veg(onions mushrooms peppers etc) it was yum and statisying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PharmNS

Supermummy wrote: »
    hi guys had my weigh in, i was the same as last week 11st 2lbs, im bitterly dissapointed due to fact i had 1 run, 3 walks and didnt go over my points. must be fact that i lost 7lbs the week before but anyhow ill keep chin up and keep going. I feel slimmer not as bloated this week so that is good.I got back to the the gym last night and did 30 mins on treadmill 10mins on cross trainer and so wanted to do some weights but there was alot of guys lifting weights and so i kind of left as was bit embarrassed. Hope yer all keeping well. Made myself a non meat dinner last night was rushing to get out door so had amoy straight to work noodles 3pp, amoy peanut satay sause 3pp and chickpeas half tin 2 pp and veg(onions mushrooms peppers etc) it was yum and statisying.

Sorry to be like a broken record here because I know the noodle discussion has been had before! But can I ask, was that half a portion of noodles? Or is the whole thing 3pp?

That seems very good points value if it's for the whole thing!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Started back at WW last week, first time on the new system. I have to say I really like it. I was never much of a points saver and was always going over. I've found it easy to keep with the plan this week. I suppose it helps that I also have my head in the game for the first time in, say, 6 years. :p

So are you advised to eat your full points allowance in the week. I'm motoring away on the daily points but only eating 3-4 of my weekly allowance daily. I know on the old plan I used to stall if I didn't eat all my points (body holding on to what it has), I'm wondering if it's the same with the weekly 49?

it the Amoy Straight to Wok Rice noodles, comes in black pack there is 2 150g servings in it. The 150g serving is 4pp i use half the 150g serving its enough. I stir fry my veg and chickpeas/meat and add sause then add the noodles. its quick n simple and they are nice. Even the sauses, the schets are mostly 2pp for half the sachet and they are nice too.

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Started back at WW last week, first time on the new system. I have to say I really like it. I was never much of a points saver and was always going over. I've found it easy to keep with the plan this week. I suppose it helps that I also have my head in the game for the first time in, say, 6 years. :p

So are you advised to eat your full points allowance in the week. I'm motoring away on the daily points but only eating 3-4 of my weekly allowance daily. I know on the old plan I used to stall if I didn't eat all my points (body holding on to what it has), I'm wondering if it's the same with the weekly 49?

I eat up to the 29pp each days but like yourself I do go one or two into the weeklys each day aswell. I find some days i can just be hungerier than others and if i dont eat ill end up having a blow out and going off the track. Its up to you how you use your points. You dont have to use the weeklys, i have and have still lost weight but i go exercise every second day and i never count my excerise points. Best of luck with it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement