Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gill1

Hi all,
    this is a very gud thread. thanks for posting the recipes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

weighed in

- 3 lbs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

audi02 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill thats a help anyway. I must ask my leader at my meeting this week. Thanks

You can calculate your 5 & 10% here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

weighed in

- 3 lbs :)

Congrats!! Nothing beats the feeling!! such a god motivator for next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Great results on here tonight. I didn't bother going this morning. I just couldn't be bothered - it was raining & I would have had to bring my youngest with me (who doesn't really like going), so I stayed at home. So, I didn't get to collect my 50lb certificate (she didn't have any last week). Hopefully she'll give me one next week instead. I haven't been tracking all week, haven't been putting the effort in at all. Just can't get back into the swing of it after taking August off. But no more excuses. My youngest starts school on Thursday, so I'll have time to myself to get organised - get back to walking & swimming, going to my meetings & more importantly - back to tracking.

Good luck everyone with WIs this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Up 1.5 this morning but ... strangly ok with it:confused:

After my triathlon escapade ove the weekend I've been struggling with a cough/chest infection + it was my OHs birthday last thursday, between that and having to up my food intake for the triathlon I had 4 (really) bad days this week.
    This all came to a head on my sneaky midweek WI where I was up 6lbs:eek:, so to be able to claw it back to being up just 1.5lbs is quite a good feeling actually:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

fofany wrote: »
    Great results on here tonight. I didn't bother going this morning. I just couldn't be bothered - it was raining & I would have had to bring my youngest with me (who doesn't really like going), so I stayed at home. So, I didn't get to collect my 50lb certificate (she didn't have any last week). Hopefully she'll give me one next week instead. I haven't been tracking all week, haven't been putting the effort in at all. Just can't get back into the swing of it after taking August off. But no more excuses. My youngest starts school on Thursday, so I'll have time to myself to get organised - get back to walking & swimming, going to my meetings & more importantly - back to tracking.

Good luck everyone with WIs this week.

Oh my god I think I'd need to get there to get that Cert! Well done you, that is fantastic loss! You must be so proud of yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Up 1.5 this morning but ... strangly ok with it:confused:

After my triathlon escapade ove the weekend I've been struggling with a cough/chest infection + it was my OHs birthday last thursday, between that and having to up my food intake for the triathlon I had 4 (really) bad days this week.
    This all came to a head on my sneaky midweek WI where I was up 6lbs:eek:, so to be able to claw it back to being up just 1.5lbs is quite a good feeling actually:cool:

when you eat a mass amount of food, usually takes a two for it to clear your system....gross i know....like after the indian....ONE MEAL....my sneaky check in said i was up like 5lbs! but trying to be really good this week! tracked perfectly yesterday!

battery just died in my electronic scales....aaaah i'm lost without my scales....hopefully I can get my brother to run down and pick up one the square batteries from the shop for me!

so in the past week i've passed my theory test, been told i need glasses, booked my trip to south africa, and have started buying stock to sell at markets and car boot sales to raise money for the trip,

and I'm back at college monday at 9AM! they arent even being nice and breaking us in....right in there 9am!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

any one have any thoughs ideas on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey if you look at the back of one of your books it will give you 5% and 10% of your starting weight,and also gives recommended weight for your height.. not sure what exact book but can check when I get home...

Thanks i just done that,never took any heed of that before! That answers my question!
    Thanks again, Gud luck to everyone at weigh in this week,mines tomorrow morning so fingers crossed!! Need to be down 1.5lbs to have lost my first stone! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Eabhabear wrote: »
    You can calculate your 5 & 10% here :)

Where on here?? I only found out I can check it in one of the booklets anyways so thats a great help! Thanks!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PharmNS

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    any one have any thoughs ideas on this?

The difference could be partly accounted for by fruit/veg maybe? e.g your banana doesnt contribute to your points total but it would contribute to your calorie total. So the two figures could really be a lot closer to each other than 5%. You aren't really comparing 'like with like' using the two methods. Just my opinion!

PP query!

The smallish crusty bread rolls that come as four rolls baked together and you tear them off..............what do people count these as?? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

PharmNS wrote: »
    PP query!

The smallish crusty bread rolls that come as four rolls baked together and you tear them off..............what do people count these as?? Thanks in advance

I'd point them at around 5 pp, just an estimation. You should probably weigh it..but I never weigh my bread,it would only depress me! And I don't eat much bread anyway. Just don't forget to point the butter/spread/mayo ...

m'lady wrote: »
    I'd point them at around 5 pp, just an estimation. You should probably weigh it..but I never weigh my bread,it would only depress me! And I don't eat much bread anyway. Just don't forget to point the butter/spread/mayo ...

Cheers! That is what I have been pointing them at, just wanted a second opinion. I buy them for lunch in work the odd time and would be under time pressure so wouldnt think of weighing them til well after ive gobbled it down!:)

audi02 wrote: »
    Where on here?? I only found out I can check it in one of the booklets anyways so thats a great help! Thanks!!:)

Oops forgot the link :o Here you go :D

http://www.weightwatchers.ie/WWI_Controller.aspx?Page=1148962

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I'm back :)

Up 6lbs :eek::eek::eek: at WI after my 3 week wedding and honeymoon break!! So like gained 2lb each week but totally worth it and deserved it after all of my over indulging.

Back to the grindstone now, feeling ready to throw myself back into WW head first.

Monife wrote: »

Up 6lbs :eek::eek::eek: at WI after my 3 week wedding and honeymoon break!! So like gained 2lb each week but totally worth it and deserved it after all of my over indulging.

Back to the grindstone now, feeling ready to throw myself back into WW head first.

Welcome back! Hope you had a fantastic few weeks and congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

welcome back! you looked Fab! for 3 weeks of premium indulgence and celebrating non stop 6lbs isnt that much!

Back to college on monday 9am! eeeek! kinda looking forward to having a bit of structure in my day....but god i have SOOOOOO much to in the next week.
    none of this aaaaah sure i'll take the first week of college off i cant be perfect my schedule all over the place! Going to try and be good from get go. If i cant point it....i'm going to to go for the healthiest option i'm presented with and still write it down in my little note book

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

WI today and was up 3 lbs, no surprise there as I've been acting the maggot all week eating way too much of everything and no exercise as I've an eye infection.
    In all honesty I've been very complacent about the whole thing the last few weeks and I've been up and down but not putting in the proper effort at all.
    Anyway today is DAY ONE and I'm gonna be good!!!!

• Advertisement

I asked my leader and she didnt even give me any tips very disappointed..

we have a wedding next Monday and i am dreading it! has anyone here had the misery of a whole days eating and drinking to put up with?

I asked my leader and she didnt even give me any tips very disappointed..

we have a wedding next Monday and i am dreading it! has anyone here had the misery of a whole days eating and drinking to put up with?

Have fruit salad for breakfast and if you are not going out til after lunch, make some veg soup and have that for lunch before you go, all 0PP. You then have all your daily PP for the meal. Stick to salad or soup for starter (if there is a choice) and get dressing on the side if you can, or if not, leave some food on the plate (if you can). With the main, it is usually meat or fish. If you like fish, go for that. If not have the meal and only take a small portion of the side potatoes and load up on the veg. Your daily PP will more than cover your meal and dessert, enjoy it. And you have your weekly PP for drinks. A standard glass of wine is 4PP and then after the meal, if you like spirits, stick to them with diet mixers. Standard measure of vodka/gin etc is 3PP. Diet mixer is 0PP. Alternatively, bottle (standard bottle) of bulmers or bulmers light is 4PP.

Have fruit salad for breakfast and if you are not going out til after lunch, make some veg soup and have that for lunch before you go, all 0PP. You then have all your daily PP for the meal. Stick to salad or soup for starter (if there is a choice) and get dressing on the side if you can, or if not, leave some food on the plate (if you can). With the main, it is usually meat or fish. If you like fish, go for that. If not have the meal and only take a small portion of the side potatoes and load up on the veg. Your daily PP will more than cover your meal and dessert, enjoy it. And you have your weekly PP for drinks. A standard glass of wine is 4PP and then after the meal, if you like spirits, stick to them with diet mixers. Standard measure of vodka/gin etc is 3PP. Diet mixer is 0PP. Alternatively, bottle (standard bottle) of bulmers or bulmers light is 4PP.

Thanks, it was the drinking im worried about cause once i start the sandwichs and everything thing else will fall in to my tummy!! Also the wedding is on monday and my weigh in is on tuesday night and i dont want it to reflect badly on a hards week work il have put into it, should i try get weighted somewhere on Monday morning just for this week?

Thanks, it was the drinking im worried about cause once i start the sandwichs and everything thing else will fall in to my tummy!! Also the wedding is on monday and my weigh in is on tuesday night and i dont want it to reflect badly on a hards week work il have put into it, should i try get weighted somewhere on Monday morning just for this week?

You could do that. Only thing is you will (more than likely) use up all your weeklies on your first night and have none left for the rest of the week. But if you think you can manage that then yeah, you could WI somewhere else on Monday morning and then back to your normal WI the following week. One thing though, you might get a false loss by weighing in the morning, and the a false gain by weighing in the evening the following week. It is better to get weighed at the same time of day even if it is a day early or late. Perhaps go to WI on wednesday evening.

You could do that. Only thing is you will (more than likely) use up all your weeklies on your first night and have none left for the rest of the week. But if you think you can manage that then yeah, you could WI somewhere else on Monday morning and then back to your normal WI the following week. One thing though, you might get a false loss by weighing in the morning, and the a false gain by weighing in the evening the following week. It is better to get weighed at the same time of day even if it is a day early or late. Perhaps go to WI on wednesday evening.

Theres no way around this is there.. will have to take the hit wither this week or next so il just go to my normal wi Tuesday and work super hard next week again and get it all off!! damn happy people and there celebrations lol jk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Had my WI last night -- first one in a "real" meeting. Down 3. That works for me! I had gone out to dinner twice this week, so I felt okay about 3 lbs! This week is going to be a good one. Am super motivated.

Theres no way around this is there.. will have to take the hit wither this week or next so il just go to my normal wi Tuesday and work super hard next week again and get it all off!! damn happy people and there celebrations lol jk!!

You can still WI on Mon morning and keep your week as you always do. Last week I weighed in Mon and my normal day is Weds but my tracking week was still Thurs to Weds! It just means you have an extra day before the next WI.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

If you can't get weighed in on the Monday I would defo opt for the Wed suggestion. The day after a wedding wouldn't give you a true reflection. Just go back to tracking etc on Tuesday with lots and lots of water to flush out drink food etc and weigh in on Wed. You would have one less day on the following week but might work out better for you. Enjoy the wedding :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

down 2lbs this week, happy out as wasn't sure how it was going to go! nearly 20 lbs gone now since i started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

If you get weighed in the morning this week and in the evening the following week you might have a gain of up to 2 pounds. You're better off sticking to a time each week, face the music and learn from your mistakes. If you don't get weighed in the week of the wedding it might even work out for the best as you have the rest of the week to track properly!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement