Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Started back at WW last week, first time on the new system. I have to say I really like it. I was never much of a points saver and was always going over. I've found it easy to keep with the plan this week. I suppose it helps that I also have my head in the game for the first time in, say, 6 years. :p

So are you advised to eat your full points allowance in the week. I'm motoring away on the daily points but only eating 3-4 of my weekly allowance daily. I know on the old plan I used to stall if I didn't eat all my points (body holding on to what it has), I'm wondering if it's the same with the weekly 49?

You have to eat all of your daily allowance but the weeklies are optional. Some people say they dont need them at all, others, like myself, cannot live without them. I would eat/drink most of my weeklies every week. Some people have noticed they had bigger losses when they ate more of the weeklies but others have STS or gained 1/2 lb so it really is trial and error to see what works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Have my weigh in today, so hope that I lose something.. have kept within my points, going to gym 3 times already and will try go this afternoon.. I really need a loss!

In regards to the weekly points I would probably use about half of them, I can't say I've noticed a difference in my weight loss since I started using them. I do know I need them to keep me sane though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 skinnimini

Hi everyone,

Im new to this thread. Joined ww 7weeks ago and ive lost 15 pounds, im 5ft 3 and was 11st 7 starting. I used the old system last yr for about 5weekd couldnt get to grips wit it at all i was starving!! Loving the new pp. My first wi i lost 6pound so had a great start, i have lost weight every week..never had a bad week as such. Now ive developed a fear of tge scales cos i know that there will be weeks when i do everythin im supposed to do but ill be up on the scales. I know this can happen due to time of the month etc..i suppose its a fear of the weight catching up on me. How can we get away wit it lol!!

Anyone experience the same???
    :confused:

skinnimini wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Im new to this thread. Joined ww 7weeks ago and ive lost 15 pounds, im 5ft 3 and was 11st 7 starting. I used the old system last yr for about 5weekd couldnt get to grips wit it at all i was starving!! Loving the new pp. My first wi i lost 6pound so had a great start, i have lost weight every week..never had a bad week as such. Now ive developed a fear of tge scales cos i know that there will be weeks when i do everythin im supposed to do but ill be up on the scales. I know this can happen due to time of the month etc..i suppose its a fear of the weight catching up on me. How can we get away wit it lol!!

I guess you just need to look at your weight loss as an overall average, yes of course there will be weeks that you've done it by the book and you stay same or gain, another week you may not have been so good but could have a loss... our bodies can differ and are not robots!
    Another thing you could do is to measure yourself, to see a non scales victory each month or time your feeling a bit disappointed with the weigh in. Just a thought ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

skinnimini wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Sometimes you have to think of the long game. You've lost over a stone now, it would be a shame to let a week of your weight being up ruin your resolve. The last time I took WW seriously I was like that, did everything right and was wildly disappointed when I was up one week. And I threw it all away. Put back on all the weight I had lost because of that bad result.

You can also take measurements so that you may be up on the scale but when you check your measurements they'll probably still be smaller.

• Advertisement

Thanks m'Lady!

Measuring is a great idea esp as i can see a difference in some of my clothes already. Loving this thread great recipies and so motivating

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Sometimes you have to think of the long game. You've lost over a stone now, it would be a shame to let a week of your weight being up ruin your resolve. The last time I took WW seriously I was like that, did everything right and was wildly disappointed when I was up one week. And I threw it all away. Put back on all the weight I had lost because of that bad result.

You can also take measurements so that you may be up on the scale but when you check your measurements they'll probably still be smaller.

Thanks..heres to another stone for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Yesterday was good :) So far today is good :)

you whats LOOOVELy to use instead of mayo or butter on bread....

Kraft Light Ceaser Dressing....and its only 1pp for 2 table spoons which is LOADS for a sandwhich.

Had 2 slices of brown sliced pan, 4pp, 1 large grilled chicken breast 4pp, and not even 2 table spoons of dressing, with grilled onions and lettuce in the sandwhich

I made this at home...so points are accurate, VERY VERY satisfying lunch for 9pp....

1/2 a chicken breast would do for the sandwhich , but i was rather hungry. so i had the whole chicken breast :D it was delish! didnt even need to dress the salad in the sandwhich cos it was already done from using the dressing on the bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

So.. just back from the wedding in Sligo... what a day/night... unfourtuantly Fat Lisa attended not normal in control of pro points Lisa... id say i ate 29pro points and drank bout 55-60.... weigh in tonight... to skip or not to skip is the question.. i went there looking like sex and the city... got home looking like fair city! :)

So.. just back from the wedding in Sligo... what a day/night... unfourtuantly Fat Lisa attended not normal in control of pro points Lisa... id say i ate 29pro points and drank bout 55-60.... weigh in tonight... to skip or not to skip is the question.. i went there looking like sex and the city... got home looking like fair city! :)

sounds like a GREAT night! To to the WI! you seem to know the result anyway...best way to get back into routine is to stick to routine...go to your WI!

LMAO Sex & the city to Fair City! LUV IT!

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    sounds like a GREAT night! To to the WI! you seem to know the result anyway...best way to get back into routine is to stick to routine...go to your WI!

LMAO Sex & the city to Fair City! LUV IT!

Great night.. I moved from Tipp up to Roscommon six months ago for work so I dont have to many wild nights out anymore... wont have another one like that till Christmas I'd say! so worth the pro points and i was looking over my books.. i was at the gym four times this week think il go to the early meeting at 5.45 and get it out of the way.. could be worst i could of got up for breakfast in the hotel today!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Great night.. I moved from Tipp up to Roscommon six months ago for work so I dont have to many wild nights out anymore... wont have another one like that till Christmas I'd say! so worth the pro points and i was looking over my books.. i was at the gym four times this week think il go to the early meeting at 5.45 and get it out of the way.. could be worst i could of got up for breakfast in the hotel today!

See you've already saved yourself at least 20pp then. Hotel breakfast is like a battle field with me, dodging the buffet. Yep defo go to WI, best to know where you stand and draw a line under it and mentally know it's a new week! Sounds like a great night. If you know it was a mad one and once in a blue moon then it's worth it. You always appreciate them nights all the more!!

That many pp on drink?? I wouldn't want to meet you in a pub you'd have me in a coma.....LOL!!!!!!

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    See you've already saved yourself at least 20pp then. Hotel breakfast is like a battle field with me, dodging the buffet. Yep defo go to WI, best to know where you stand and draw a line under it and mentally know it's a new week! Sounds like a great night. If you know it was a mad one and once in a blue moon then it's worth it. You always appreciate them nights all the more!!

That many pp on drink?? I wouldn't want to meet you in a pub you'd have me in a coma.....LOL!!!!!!

I feel like i am in a coma!!! From what i remember i had bout 6 corona.. thats bout 24ish points... then bout 8 Captain Morgans.. i guesstamate them at 3 each so thats another 24.. some club orange made its way into my captains to create a super split affect to be fair to me i asked for diet orange and they hadnt got any! so when i baught my own drinks it was diet coke! i cant even talk but i am going to weigh in!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I'm dual 'pointing for the next few weeks'

I've my spreadsheet which has contributed to 3st loss in 30wks and I've started tracking on a site called sparkpeople.com(tracks calories/fat/carbs/protein/sodium intake.

I'll give it a go for a while to see if it has any benefits, I was starting to stagnate a little on the WW points.

just above/below 14st(196lbs) for a good number of weeks now, need to try something different to give me a renewed boost

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'm dual 'pointing for the next few weeks'

I've my spreadsheet which has contributed to 3st loss in 30wks and I've started tracking on a site called sparkpeople.com(tracks calories/fat/carbs/protein/sodium intake.

I'll give it a go for a while to see if it has any benefits, I was starting to stagnate a little on the WW points.

just above/below 14st(196lbs) for a good number of weeks now, need to try something different to give me a renewed boost

Hope you dont mind me asking whats duel pointing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Hope you dont mind me asking whats duel pointing?

I'll be checking my points for WW and also checking the values on the other website... hence doing the work twice or doing it 'dual'.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Hi Guys,
    I've been off radar for the past few weeks but have kept right up to date with your posts. I've fallen totally off the wagon and felt I was in no postition to add positive thoughts so I've remained silent. I've just returned from a weeks cruise in the US and after a week of georging on any amount of the most fattening food and drink I've decided its time to pull up socks and jump back on the wagon.

As of todays WI I have a total of 23lbs to go to goal. Little more than 8 weeks ago I had 1.5lbs to goal!!!! Very disappointing!!!:mad:
    But onwards and downwards......today (my first day back on the plan) has been a struggle so far, but I'm still on track and determined to stay on track. Congratulations to all who have been doing so well and welcome to all the newbees. I know you'll have this thread as worthwhile and inspirational as I do.:)
    I know this post is not really saying too much but I felt to need to write down what I was thinking so thanks for listening.:)

Woo got my final time table!

only need to worry about 3 lunch breaks! one of days I only have a single class!

it's only a 1/2 hour for lunch on each the other days...means no boredom snacking and killing time :)

Brown bread ham sandwhich will save me time and money and points :D:D:D

Pretty happy! Organised and ready to take this thing on one and for all!

Stone for Xmas!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Would love to be a stone lighter for Christmas. That would make me a size 12. :)

Here's my ticker:

k7Mpp1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

fionas046 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I've been off radar for the past few weeks but have kept right up to date with your posts. I've fallen totally off the wagon and felt I was in no postition to add positive thoughts so I've remained silent. I've just returned from a weeks cruise in the US and after a week of georging on any amount of the most fattening food and drink I've decided its time to pull up socks and jump back on the wagon.

A weeks cruise, sounds fantastic. Today is a new day, draw a line under the last few weeks and you'll get back on track in no time.

WI in an hour, really anxious about it, praying for a STS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

fionas046 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

As of todays WI I have a total of 23lbs to go to goal. Little more than 8 weeks ago I had 1.5lbs to goal!!!! Very disappointing!!!:mad:
    But onwards and downwards......today (my first day back on the plan) has been a struggle so far, but I'm still on track and determined to stay on track. Congratulations to all who have been doing so well and welcome to all the newbees. I know you'll have this thread as worthwhile and inspirational as I do.:)
    I know this post is not really saying too much but I felt to need to write down what I was thinking so thanks for listening.:)

Fiona, even if you haven't got much to say but want to talk, post here. Even if you are having a bad day, post here and we can help make u feel better. There is a sign in my weightwatchers meeting, "If you have a good week, your class needs you, If you have a bad week, you need your class". The same goes for boards. You have come SOOO far now to pack it all in. Hopefully your trip away has made you get your game face back. I was faffing about for 5 months, up down sts, but went mad on my wedding and honeymoon, gained 6lb and now feel even more ready to start my weightloss journey again and this time with my head properly screwed on. Come on, we can do it :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭AnnaGram85

Have my first WI tomorrow evening. Haven't had a great week, though did 1 hour of Bootcamp last night. Tomorrows a crap day as I'm going to the spa at 3.30 for an hour, then have WI in at 5 but bootcamp at 7 so have to eat before WW. Gah.

Up half a pound on last week after my feast of wedding food yesterday...

least theres no more big events coming up so i can be good not even looking at it as a step back cause yesterdays food and drink would of course have me bloated! and it could of been a lot worst

Going making the curry bns soup now :) will let ye know how i get on with it!

Well after going to gym 4 times, tracking every day and not going over my points I gained 1.5 lbs, so upset to be honest. Can't even blame totm cos that finished on Sunday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Monife wrote: »
    Fiona, even if you haven't got much to say but want to talk, post here. Even if you are having a bad day, post here and we can help make u feel better. There is a sign in my weightwatchers meeting, "If you have a good week, your class needs you, If you have a bad week, you need your class". The same goes for boards. You have come SOOO far now to pack it all in. Hopefully your trip away has made you get your game face back. I was faffing about for 5 months, up down sts, but went mad on my wedding and honeymoon, gained 6lb and now feel even more ready to start my weightloss journey again and this time with my head properly screwed on. Come on, we can do it :D:D:D

Thanks for the pep talk Monife, I think its time to pull an 'Obama'
    "YES WE CAN!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ghartley

Hey everybody! I am new member. I was curious has anybody ever tried to make the strawberry macaroons from the weight watchers website and how did they turn out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

m'lady wrote: »
    Well after going to gym 4 times, tracking every day and not going over my points I gained 1.5 lbs, so upset to be honest. Can't even blame totm cos that finished on Sunday :(

m'lady don't get disheartened by it, don't know about anyone else, but I always weigh more after totm and not during, have you joined the gym recently?? Are you drinking enough water?? I'm not being nosey but our leader always tell those who use a gym that it can take weeks to show on the scales and always recommends members to eat some of their activity points when they use a gym.

I STS thank god.

There is a girl in our class who joined Jan 2010 and this evening got to her goal weight, she has lost a total of 6 stone, she was so thrilled to get it today as it is her 26th birthday and said it was the best present she could ever give herself. It was such a moving class, she cried so much with delight and explained how tough it was for her growing up "always being the fat one" (her words) she had us all in tears. BUT grrr our leader is such a wagon she was really dismissive towards her, fair enough, the leader has a job to do but she just wanted to get on with the class and it just felt as though she didn't really care about the girls success.

ok rant over about the leader.. but its so difficult when you've paid enough and you hear about of all the great leaders when I have such a cow as leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gillou83

woohoo. first week on ww and 7lbs loss. soooo happy. cant believe ive lost so much. never feel hungry and feel like im eating loads but sticking to it religiously. aiming for another stone so fingers crossed.:D:D:D

gillou83 wrote: »
    woohoo. first week on ww and 7lbs loss. soooo happy. cant believe ive lost so much. never feel hungry and feel like im eating loads but sticking to it religiously. aiming for another stone so fingers crossed.:D:D:D

that is great news :) keep it up!

• Advertisement

aaaaaah! nicely full for the evening :) Had an early dinner...so kinda needed something now just to take me to bed time :) (still within my points) :D:D

2nd good day back tracking and eating properly. only thing i need to work on is upping my water intake! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement