Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Stev_o wrote: »

Remember to click the HD button on the player to see it in..well...HD!

Looks awesome! :)

My biggest hope for the game is it will put you in situations where you really made to think i.e. When I'm defending my line from relentless phases, should I be cynical and give away and penalty (while risking a YC) or should I try and hold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Remember to click the HD button on the player to see it in..well...HD!

Looks awesome! :)

My biggest hope for the game is it will put you in situations where you really made to think i.e. When I'm defending my line from relentless phases, should I be cynical and give away and penalty (while risking a YC) or should I try and hold out?

I just like how it's completely different to what we'v all played before.

Every other rugby game it was all about players running in this really odd V formation. This looks a lot more fluid where players aren't rigidly tied in staying in a V line. What sells it for me was the inside pass and definitely the different angles the AI takes when receiving a pass.

Ahhh can't wait for Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The rain effects are just..wow.

I'm worried my computer won't be able to display those graphics though without lagging.

The rain effects are just..wow.

I'm worried my computer won't be able to display those graphics though without lagging.

My guess is if you can run this,

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=950&game=FIFA%202011

You should be fine.

I don't think the hardware will be that steep.

Also love the bit with Saints vs Tigers where Joe Ansbro get's what loves like Castro and some other slow poke in front of him and manages to pass them by with ease no more getting run down by a prop when your a outside back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Looks class, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Looks brilliant, is this going to be released on PC, don't have a 360 or ps3 (sorry if its being asked already.)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Burgo wrote: »
    Looks brilliant, is this going to be released on PC, don't have a 360 or ps3 (sorry if its being asked already.)

yeah it'll be on pc too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

yeah it'll be on pc too

Excellent :D Can't Wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

cant wait to get this, nice to see a bitta connacht in the trailer too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Looks great way better than the touched up rugby 08. I didn't like that nearly every player got through the first tackle in the video

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Looks really good! The only thing I;m not sure about is how the game pauses when you go to kick/grubber-hopefully you can turn that off as its a bit too easy to pick out the perfect kick then and would be a bit annoying in 2 player mode too (sometimes I like to play 10 man rugby in Rugby 2008 to annoy my mate and just kick for position and take my drop goal opportunities :D )

clsmooth wrote: »
    Looks really good! The only thing I;m not sure about is how the game pauses when you go to kick/grubber-hopefully you can turn that off as its a bit too easy to pick out the perfect kick then and would be a bit annoying in 2 player mode too (sometimes I like to play 10 man rugby in Rugby 2008 to annoy my mate and just kick for position and take my drop goal opportunities :D )

You can turn that off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

dosnt pause, just slows so can still run out of time if ur not too careful.
    and it isnt on in multiplayer (as far as mario could remember)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭clsmooth

You can turn that off.
    Tomtom364 wrote: »
    dosnt pause, just slows so can still run out of time if ur not too careful.
    and it isnt on in multiplayer (as far as mario could remember)

Excellent! Any word of a release date? Really looks lika next-gen game compared to the RWC one. Guessing it'll be out after that one. Hope if plays as well as it looks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Excellent! Any word of a release date? Really looks lika next-gen game compared to the RWC one. Guessing it'll be out after that one. Hope if plays as well as it looks

they're aiming for early september

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Popped into Gamestop to see the game today, looks unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Now that's what I'm talking about! Good to hear the preview in town looked good. Anyone else pop in? Any feedback for those of us unlucky enough to be stuck in work?

molloyjh wrote: »
    Now that's what I'm talking about! Good to hear the preview in town looked good. Anyone else pop in? Any feedback for those of us unlucky enough to be stuck in work?

Was fantastic. Everyone loved it. Saw some great matches. Mystic took a 20 min recording of it so hopefully he'll have it up later on tonight. We were all blown away by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Was fantastic. Everyone loved it. Saw some great matches. Mystic took a 20 min recording of it so hopefully he'll have it up later on tonight. We were all blown away by it.

That's great news. Hopes were high going in so if you were impressed then it must be quality. Roll on the release date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

great to hear! What's it like compared to the EA rugby series? Pick up and play no problem or is there new controls etc to get used to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Have to say passing looks like rugby 08, strong scrum just speeded forward too quick like 08 too. Love the way the players try to stay on their feet when they go into contact. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

wonder can you change the camara angles in Rugby challenge much perfer playing side view when im playing rugby games.

So far from all the footage Rugby Challenge looks the better game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

PTH2009 wrote: »
    wonder can you change the camara angles in Rugby challenge much perfer playing side view when im playing rugby games.

there are 4 angles, including side view

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

PTH2009 wrote: »

I always found the post to post angle the best for rugby games, as you can see what's in front of you when attacking, just like playing rugby, and you can see where the full-back is!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Xbox demo for Rugby world cup 2011 out tomorrow and ps3 version out Wednesday.

You can play as either England or South Africa in Auckland

Its on Xbox live now!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Its on Xbox live now!

Forgot u hav to have gold account for demos.. Mine defo ran out, dont think this demo is worth buying a subscription...

• Advertisement

Played the demo a few times, you get a 5 minute half of a match then it ends! Its very like Rugby 08 with just updated graphics, most of the gameplay just seems to be recycled from the old game. (Player annimations, movements etc..)

Hoping rugby challenge will be a better game! Will still get this cause its finally a rugby game for the xbox! :)

Advertisement