Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

PTH2009 wrote: »
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1002&d=1310043544

attachment.php?attachmentid=1001&d=1310043531

broken images? relink em chap!

also anyone have a reup of the video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/23385.php

Lookin good! Can't wait for this to come out, haven't been able to play rugby 08 since my ps2 broke a long time ago.

Anyone know if this developer is any good though? What have they done before?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

they did rugby 08 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

August 26th.

Though, the graphics look awful.

And why the **** did they choose an image of us losing our own lineout?

tolosenc wrote: »
    August 26th.

Though, the graphics look awful.

they look great! :D

and we are winning lineout?

Unless you're being sarcastic.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

tolosenc wrote: »

They wanted to replicate the last Ireland v South Africa fixture exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

pity the six nations is not in the game unless it might be annocunced later on.

Anyone going to buy the other Rugby game (Rugby Challenge or Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge whaterver its called).

Anyone going to buy the other Rugby game (Rugby Challenge or Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge whaterver its called).

i'll buy them both, especially considering the Pro12 might be in RC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I can't justify 50 quid for a game that only has twenty teams and no online ranking or leaderboard system espeically when times are hard on money.

Hoping RC delivers on all the hype.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    they did rugby 08 :P
    http://www.hb-studios.com/games.php
    Ah yes I see it now! Man do I look stupid! Well hopefully this bodes well for the quality of this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

More screenshots for Rugby Challenge: http://rugbychallengegame.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Still no proper gameplay footage which is worrying on both games.

For two games that are trying to tackle the rules of rugby you'd think there would be gameplay footage of each set piece etc.

Its worrying that there is nothing yet besides a leaked video from RC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

circos wrote: »
    Still no proper gameplay footage which is worrying on both games.

For two games that are trying to tackle the rules of rugby you'd think there would be gameplay footage of each set piece etc.

Its worrying that there is nothing yet besides a leaked video from RC

Ya it was taken down before i gotta chance to view it. How did it look?

Ya it was taken down before i gotta chance to view it. How did it look?

Didnt get to see it either, taken down very fast and couldnt find another link to it which i thought was impossible these days!

From what i heard from people who did see it they werent too impressed but sure, its beta footage so i wouldnt be focusing too much on it anyway.

The only other footage i can see is the editor in RC.

Just feels like both are waiting for the other to release footage first for some reason. The screenshots are in game footage so why no gameplay video?

Could also be stadium / advertising rights holding them back maybe.

the facebook page for rugby challenge run by the publisher has apparently announced the Top 14 and Pro12 are in.

Would it be too much to ask for someone to make a breakdown of both games' features? Which tournaments they have? Who makes it? Are they any use? etc

Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Would it be too much to ask for someone to make a breakdown of both games' features? Which tournaments they have? Who makes it? Are they any use? etc

Much appreciated.

http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/showthread.php?43428-quot-Official-quot-Rugby-Challenge-vs-RWC-2011-comparison-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Much appreciated.

lazy bugger

Much appreciated.

getting bad when you get too lazy to go to Google :D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

• Advertisement

I like that RC has an onfield ref and TMO

Just remember thats on the RC forum...and posted by an admin...they may be a tad biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Just remember thats on the RC forum...and posted by an admin...they may be a tad biased.

what he posted from there is a fact not an opinion

mystic86 wrote: »
    what he posted from there is a fact not an opinion

Im not doubting that.

Just a person working for RC would know more facts about RC than RWC is all.

Anyway im just dying to see some gameplay footage from both. Taking their time..

mystic86 wrote: »
    lazy bugger
    getting bad when you get too lazy to go to Google :D

Very true but I figured someone else would be thinking the same thing so why not? Anyway cheers Stev_o

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Trailer got released for Rugby Challenge, looks like Munster are in it - albeit in their old jersey!

Rugby Challenge Trailer

And for anyone who's interested here's the leaked achievement list for the official Rugby World Cup 2011 game:

RWC 2011 Achievements

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Pro12 Licence for RC then. :)

Pro12 Licence for RC then. :)

Correct, Aviva Premiership, Top 14 and Pro12 (Magners League) all confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Trailer got released for Rugby Challenge, looks like Munster are in it - albeit in their old jersey!

Rugby Challenge Trailer

Well considering Munster only released the photos of their jerseys this week, it would hardly be a surprise to see them in their new strip on this. Also Ulster and Ospreys are shown in the video.

• Advertisement

Rugby challenge certainly looks to be the business! Hopefully it will be nothing like its hideous ps2 predecessor!

Anyone remember that? I had EA rugby 06 and 08 and rugby challenge 2006 just paled in comparison.

Also, since custom tournaments are in rugby challenge then the Heineken will be possible by taking teams from pro12, top14 and aviva......sweet.

Advertisement