Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Rugby challenge certainly looks to be the business! Hopefully it will be nothing like its hideous ps2 predecessor!

Anyone remember that? I had EA rugby 06 and 08 and rugby challenge 2006 just paled in comparison.

Also, since custom tournaments are in rugby challenge then the Heineken will be possible by taking teams from pro12, top14 and aviva......sweet.

The developing team NEVER worked on those games. Those were all done by Swordfish studios. They just share a similar name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

Stev_o wrote: »
    The developing team NEVER worked on those games. Those were all done by Swordfish studios. They just share a similar name.

Good to know I'm not the only one who thought that then!

Good to know I'm not the only one who thought that then!

Technically the game isn't called Rugby Challenge. It's either All Blacks/Wallabies/Lomu Rugby Challenge.

Trailer looks great fantastic that they got every club team bar the South African teams (****ing greedy SARU no surprise there).

Available on Steam too which is even better!

Picture of Leinster vs Scarlets.

zksb36.jpg

http://www.vgupdate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/img0024.jpg

Think that's Horgan in the picture could be wrong. Can see Nacewa, Kearney and Cullen in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭jolley123

Picture of Leinster vs Scarlets.

img0024.jpg

Think that's Horgan in the picture could be wrong. Can see Nacewa, Kearney and Cullen in the background.

Is that pic working for anyone else?

• Advertisement

jolley123 wrote: »
    Is that pic working for anyone else?

Hmm edited again there to make it work.

Rest of the pics are there.

http://www.vgupdate.com/jonah-lomu-rugby-challenge/screenshots-18-07/

Seriously can't wait for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

looks well :D I cant wait to play this!

also little cap of munster from the trailer for those who havent watched...

munstertrailer.png

looks well :D I cant wait to play this!

also little cap of munster from the trailer for those who havent watched...

munstertrailer.png

Funny thought Munster fans would be pointing out the second of Mafi running down the sideline against Leinster.

Looks like the firs few hours of this game will consist of me in the player editor. Gotta make sure Sexypants looks right!

Looks like the firs few hours of this game will consist of me in the player editor. Gotta make sure Sexypants looks right!

Ill be making players Fatter and probably add in any head tape that hasn't been put in if you can.

Debating or not whether ill try make my own SA teams or wait for someone else. Will have to update the Home Nations squads to what they should be.

Considering squads are capped 50 it makes me excited to see how many Irish players they'v included in the provincial teams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Im worried this will be very difficult to get our hands on

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Im worried this will be very difficult to get our hands on

How so? It'll be on Steam so that's PC gamers taken care of. Once they give a release date it 'll be availabe on Play.com. I very much doubt a game that has the Pro12 won't be available to the people in those regions.

How so? It'll be on Steam so that's PC gamers taken care of. Once they give a release date it 'll be availabe on Play.com. I very much doubt a game that has the Pro12 won't be available to the people in those regions.

Play.com better stock it!

Technically the game isn't called Rugby Challenge. It's either All Blacks/Wallabies/Lomu Rugby Challenge.

Trailer looks great fantastic that they got every club team bar the South African teams (****ing greedy SARU no surprise there).

Available on Steam too which is even better!

So are you saying that All Blacks/Wallabies/Lomu Rugby Challenge has nothing to do with the original Rugby Challenge 2006?

So are you saying that All Blacks/Wallabies/Lomu Rugby Challenge has nothing to do with the original Rugby Challenge 2006?

Absolutely nothing. All they have in common is a similar name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Is there two games coming out ? Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge and Rugby Challenge ? Or is it all the one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Skunkle wrote: »
    Is there two games coming out ? Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge and Rugby Challenge ? Or is it all the one ?

Just the one, Rugby Challenge = Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge in Europe, Wallabies Rugby Challenge in Australia and All Blacks Rugby Challenge in NZ.

There is also the other, unrelated, RWC game.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Catch15

Quade has been saying on twitter that RC is a really good game, himself and the boys got a few games on it. Cooper managed to score a try himself and miss the conversion :p

He's got pics and vids up too

scaled.php?tn=0&server=734&filename=dsiqq.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Absolutely nothing. All they have in common is a similar name.

Good good. Thanks for clearing that up mate.

After a bit of googling I see that the devs of RC, Sidhe also made the Jackass game which bodes well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

hi

started a thread for rugby challenge (this thread is for both games), gonna use the thread initially to arrange pools comp for boardsies

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056332282

• Advertisement

The HB studios crew are having a live Q&A on twitter at the moment, send yer questions to @RWC2011Game, asked em a few questions about multiplayer and the irish player likenesses

The HB studios crew are having a live Q&A on twitter at the moment, send yer questions to @RWC2011Game, asked em a few questions about multiplayer and the irish player likenesses

Well that was the ****est Q&A ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,744 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

You won't be able to edit existing player appearances I'm afraid, just their stats. If you want Johnny to look like Johnny you gotta create a new player for that. Will probably spend a while doing that sort of thing myself. Thank God the other half is away for 3 weeks in September. Gives me plenty of time to get into it without worrying about losing brownie points!

i emailed gamestop re Rugby Challenge and got this response
    Hi ,

We have no information on this yet, we are awaiting confirmation from the publishers. I would recommend that you check back with us. Should you have any problems please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a lovely day!

sounds promising, at least they've been in contact with the publishers

The Rugby World Cup 2011 demo will be live on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network from 02, August 2011 and PlayStation®Network from 03, August 2011.

Be interesting to get a play of this game and see what it's actually like, that's in less then 2 weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭crisco10

Be interesting to get a play of this game and see what it's actually like, that's in less then 2 weeks now

Do you need to be a paying member of xbox live to download demos like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Depends, sometimes they make demos exclusive to gold members for a week or so before releasing them to everyone. I doubt they'd do it for this game though, there wouldnt be a big enough fan base for it to be worth their while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    i emailed gamestop re Rugby Challenge and got this response

sounds promising, at least they've been in contact with the publishers

The head of Sidhe (RC developer) has just arrived in london in the last day or so. Its to meet disributers and demo the game to the important people so id same gamestop will know whats happening soon enough

• Advertisement

the "leaked" rugby challenge video is up again.....

Advertisement