Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Initial impressions of the RWC 2011 Official Game demo are fairly dismal. Really disappointed, yet finding it funny how their willingness to release a demo has actually resulted in a plague of negative publicity and momentum! Regardless, competition here to win a copy.

In other news, it looks like Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge will be cheapest in Ireland at Gamestop, coming in at €44.97.

280350_259139714098233_233955433283328_1147142_7656893_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

For anyone that's interested Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge have released the console covers.

RCJL-EU-360.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I'm still getting Rugby Challenge, but that cover looks cack!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Does it matter what the cover looks like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

People attending the Irish Rugby Supporters Club gig in the corporate level (only) at tomorrow's game will be able to try out the new official RWC game as there are a couple of consoles set up in that suite.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/19082011293.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/19082011292.jpg/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Damien13

are we gettin a demo for rugby challenge??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Nope, they confirmed earlier in the month!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

JustinDee wrote: »
    People attending the Irish Rugby Supporters Club gig in the corporate level (only) at tomorrow's game will be able to try out the new official RWC game as there are a couple of consoles set up in that suite.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/19082011293.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/19082011292.jpg/

Even in that second picture, look how cramped up and unorganised the two teams are . .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Some clips from the RC hands on in New Zealand

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The more I think about it rugby challenge will have a much better player roster than rwc does. If its possoble to transfer club players to international teams in rugby challenge than it will be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The more I think about it rugby challenge will have a much better player roster than rwc does. If its possoble to transfer club players to international teams in rugby challenge than it will be great.

AFAIK you can do that in RC. And even if you can't the player creation tool looks like it's detailed enough that you can add anyone you want easily and accurately. Seriously I think the player creation tool is going to be amazing all on it's own, but then that's probably just me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

You can draft licenced players from the clubs into the national teams.
    100% certain of it.
    Can even change players nationallity and make lomu an irish winger for the world championship (world cup unofficial comp) if you want.

It is unclear if the teams will revert to default for online or not. But all teams stats are evened out online(aka All Blacks vs Georgia will be an even game on the stats and jut down to player skill) so they might allowed customised teamsheets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

i think the team skill only levels out when custom teams are used, would be kinda silly to change the real teams.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    i think the team skill only levels out when custom teams are used, would be kinda silly to change the real teams.

Well i think they are trying to prevent just everyone using the All blacks.
    They mightnt make them completly even, but they are adjusting the stats for online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Difficult to put into words how disappointed I was with the demo for rwc 11 - on top of all the existing bugs (eg stealing opposition line out etc) they added a few new ones. Pass from ruck, fend off gets you through the defence line about 95% of the time and at least 40 - 50 yards up the pitch. I scored 5 tries in a game doing nothing but that.

The single improvement I can see is that from re starts you can no longer almost gaurantee an opposition line out on their on their 22 by switchin sides and placin kick behind covering winger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    But all teams stats are evened out online(aka All Blacks vs Georgia will be an even game on the stats and jut down to player skill) so they might allowed customised teamsheets

you're talking absolute rubbish

mystic86 wrote: »
    you're talking absolute rubbish

Mystic, you dont like me.
    Get over it and move on.

It has been said somewhere that the teams are leveled out for online play

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will buy RWC on Friday next just as a warm up to RC.

One thing that pisses me off is that the Six Nations is not in RWC even though all teams are fully licesned. have to get over it though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Mystic, you dont like me.
    Get over it and move on.

It has been said somewhere that the teams are leveled out for online play

It makes no sense though. Just because you're playing against a mate, suddenly Lelochadze and Rugbishvili are as good as Carter or O'Brien?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Will buy RWC on Friday next just as a warm up to RC.

One thing that pisses me off is that the Six Nations is not in RWC even though all teams are fully licesned. have to get over it though lol

I recon we might see the 6 Nations as DLC later in the year when its actually on!

• Advertisement

tolosenc wrote: »
    It makes no sense though.

It certainly doesn't.

tolosenc wrote: »
    It makes no sense though. Just because you're playing against a mate, suddenly Lelochadze and Rugbishvili are as good as Carter or O'Brien?

The idea is to allow more varied online play.
    And mystic, And wether it makes sense or not does not mean im talking rubbish. I'm just passing on the message, if you dont think it makes sense then take it up with Sidhe.

The idea is to allow more varied online play.
    And mystic, And wether it makes sense or not does not mean im talking rubbish. I'm just passing on the message, if you dont think it makes sense then take it up with Sidhe.

I'll give you a fiver if NZ and Japan are rated the same when used online

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

I agree with mystic86 that idea is so stupid! That is an idea you would think HB studios came up with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Otacon wrote: »
    I'm still getting Rugby Challenge, but that cover looks cack!
    It has Jobah Lomu on it like that should win awards on its own

I dont care if the cover has a picture of one of the creators in a NZ shirt trying to play rugby. Its the game that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Only 4 days to go until release now. Should keep me entertained until the real game comes out.

RC looks good but the scrum moves to fast,
    but i suppose if you are playing human v human it would be ok.
    Sidhe said the bench mark for graphics is FIFA but in my opinion so far it looks better

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Not that i endorse piracy.... but the RWC game has been leaked. :D

• Advertisement

do you have to pay for it

Advertisement