Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    the "leaked" rugby challenge video is up again.....

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mite get the 2 games.

The Offical Rugby world cup 2011 game for the world cup and the licenced Irish team and the Aviva and the Rugby Challenge for the Clubs.

Would it be possible in Rugby Challenge to put the irish club players onto the Irish team and then they will have there likness or will the clubs just have fake names.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Mite get the 2 games.

The Offical Rugby world cup 2011 game for the world cup and the licenced Irish team and the Aviva and the Rugby Challenge for the Clubs.

Would it be possible in Rugby Challenge to put the irish club players onto the Irish team and then they will have there likness or will the clubs just have fake names.

club teams and players are real. you'll be able to use them to replace the face irish players yourself. easy :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Awesome!! Rugby challenge just announced on their facebook page that they are going to be coming to Dublin to let us irish try it out! Wednesday 27th July, in gamestop. It doesnt specify which store though. More details to be announced!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Awesome!! Rugby challenge just announced on their facebook page that they are going to be coming to Dublin to let us irish try it out! Wednesday 27th July, in gamestop. It doesnt specify which store though. More details to be announced!

Hell yeah! Making my way into town for that for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

I'd consider comin up from Waterford for that! Also I would think it's safe to assume then that Gamestop will be supplying Rugby Challenge in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Sweet. Will have to make my way into that so...is it wrong that I'm ridiculously excited by the player customisation video? I suppose we haven't seen the gameplay so that's all we have to go on.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Sweet. Will have to make my way into that so...is it wrong that I'm ridiculously excited by the player customisation video? I suppose we haven't seen the gameplay so that's all we have to go on.

You have seen the released trailer right?

And yeah im really excited about it. Can't wait to start adding in new teams and such. Franchise mode will keep me going for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

leaked video? what leaked video?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    leaked video? what leaked video?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

HB Studios Rugby World cup 2011 looks like it could be better for gameplay and for the world cup mode but one huge thing missing is the six nations championship (imagine how good it could be,all six nations teams are fully licnensed)

Rugby Challenge is better for the modes ie Celtic League, French Top 14 and possibly the Heinken Cup among other international tournments.

Its pro evo vs fifa in the rugby context but hopefully one day there will be one rugby game with full licenses for all international sides and major club teams

HB Studios game is a cash cow if you ever saw it. 17 Licensed teams with two game modes with no competition or proper player editor. Sorry but how can justify paying 50 quid for a game that should be priced at a 15 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

Link to the Rugby Challenge facebook announcement anyone? I've checked the whole damn official facebook page and cant find it.

Link to the Rugby Challenge facebook announcement anyone? I've checked the whole damn official facebook page and cant find it.

Just click on Rugby Challenge Official on the wall beside recent posts.
    Billy Goes to Ireland- The Irish hospitality and charm has persuaded us to give the gamers in Ireland a hands on experience with Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge. Thanks to GameStop, rugby fans can go to their flagship store in Dublin and experience Rugby Challenge. So get ready to queue up at GameStop on Wednesday 27th of July. More details coming soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Its up to order on the Gamestop website, but only for the PS3 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Its up to order on the Gamestop website, but only for the PS3 :mad:

up for xbox360 now too

44.97, I'm happy with that price

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Please oh please let someone stock it for PC.

Please oh please let someone stock it for PC.

Im fairly confident it'll be out on Steam. Ill go ask them on Wednesday want to know myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Stev_o wrote: »
    Im fairly confident it'll be out on Steam. Ill go ask them on Wednesday want to know myself.

Yeah but knowing Steam they'll charge €60 for it while you could buy a boxed copy for €40.

B0X wrote: »
    Yeah but knowing Steam they'll charge €60 for it while you could buy a boxed copy for €40.

True Steam for the most part is a rip off. But I have my suspicions that the PC version will be a digital download only. Ill ask them on Wednesday though. Personally id prefer it being on Steam makes my life a lot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Trailer looks like it is just a db and jersey updated version of Rugby 08. Animations for breaking tackles and diving to score a try are identical. Drop goals too...

More proof that the game is Rugby 08 with better graphics. Look forward to watching the sh*tstorm unfold on their forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Looks fairly poor alright, animations look pretty jerky.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Nearly all of those animations (tackling, kicking, tackle breaking) are all from Rugby 08.

That game can go **** itself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Rugby Challenge it is so, I'll play the RWC demo in two weeks but I dont think it'll change my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Thank God the one with a PC version seems the better game:cool: No doubt I'll spend more time editing and downloading mods than playing the bloody thing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

Rugby Challenge it is so, I'll play the RWC demo in two weeks but I dont think it'll change my mind

I second that motion!
    http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1183230p1.html
    Not that I'll buy it of course considering I already have rugby 08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 yhtjuy

The animations in the RWC game look fairly dated. Rugby Challenge looks miles better at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I got drunk and preordered both... God dammit...

• Advertisement

Advertisement