Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Dempsey wrote: »
    IRL, clubs do this as a means that they have no obligation to field a full strength side and most likely will be sending a fringe squad. In Ireland, this would be the case of any side because of league matches when they do get high profile fixtures, how is it cheating?

Doing it 4 or 5 times is unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,934 ✭✭✭✭CSF

IRL, clubs do this as a means that they have no obligation to field a full strength side and most likely will be sending a fringe squad. In Ireland, this would be the case of any side because of league matches when they do get high profile fixtures, how is it cheating?
    This does not happen. Big foreign clubs will not come and play our reserves. Go through pretty much all your high-profile friendlies and you'll find that there has been a decent enough first-team presence.
    Walcott32 wrote: »
    you can not get huge teams against your reserves only championship sides if your lucky. i dont believe it too be that unrealistic as other clubs see the irish league as a squad to test fitness level against and be given a tough battle as the irish sides are mid way through their season. Football is weird when it comes to friendlies for example villarreal played UCD yesterday, if i had done that would you call it unrealistic and said arrange friendlies against spainish sides such as villareal
    Championship teams would not come play our reserves. Villareal coming to play UCD is not the same thing as Hull coming to play Sligo Rovers reserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Desire. wrote: »

So is average players going for £20m but it happens IRL, its not cheating.

Is it even classed as a known bug by SI?

I'll tell you something unrealistic. I just played Red Star Belgrade in the UCL 2nd round qualifiers to a record low attendance of 250. My average attendance for the season was at 1300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Walcott32

i'd agree as it would be too risky injury wise for a club, i only did two friendlies and it was quite risky but got over 100k in the end for both games

CSF wrote: »
    This does not happen. Big foreign clubs will not come and play our reserves. Go through pretty much all your high-profile friendlies and you'll find that there has been a decent enough first-team presence.

Championship teams would not come play our reserves. Villareal coming to play UCD is not the same thing as Hull coming to play Sligo Rovers reserves.

Are any LOI side under obligation to field a full strength side? I dont think so.

Its usually advertised that both clubs are under no obligation to field their best 11

• Advertisement

i agree with you their but i see it as when i pick 1st team i give them a go with my full strength squad for a higher income, and reserves would be for less money due to the fact is not full strength as im using it to try out players so the money reward is halved. The sides you close trend to send over weak teams themselves like some have just to increase their profile in ireland. i think the way it is said as in hull 1st team coming to play sligo reserves in unrealistic but how it works out as hull bringing over a few fringe players to play a weaken sligo side is not totally out of this world, so in ways i agree with what is being said and disagree also. it was simply just an idea for people if they wanted to use it

Are any LOI side under obligation to field a full strength side? I dont think so.

Its usually advertised that both clubs are under no obligation to field their best 11
    The obligation is that the big club won't come here unless they're given assurances. Otherwise we would never play any member of our first team. Unfortunately to bring these clubs over here we have to do so.

The obligation is that the big club won't come here unless they're given assurances. Otherwise we would never play any member of our first team. Unfortunately to bring these clubs over here we have to do so.

i say its more about pride of the club that they play a strong side and a chance to gain new fans by putting on a good show rather than the big club demanding it to come over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

So is average players going for £20m but it happens IRL

So then it is realistic.

So then it is realistic.

You see chump players going for ridiculous fees in the game though, hardly unrealistic or cheating

• Advertisement

anybody know any GK on a free that can do well in LOI

anybody know any GK on a free that can do well in LOI

Scott Bain is doing well for me

i say its more about pride of the club that they play a strong side and a chance to gain new fans by putting on a good show rather than the big club demanding it to come over
    No, our managers aren't smalltime. These friendlies are just about bringing in the cash and we can't get these friendlies without playing first-teamers. These big clubs aren't over here to do us a favour, they're here to get a decent game for preparation.

No, our managers aren't smalltime. These friendlies are just about bringing in the cash and we can't get these friendlies without playing first-teamers. These big clubs aren't over here to do us a favour, they're here to get a decent game for preparation.

im not saying don't play any 1st team players i mean depending on the games surround it leave out big names, in my 1st friendly one of my key players broke his leg so i trend to leave my top 2-3 on the bench or sub them of early, when played a club as my reserves i made most available bar 3-4 players just to make clear if need be ill just set up 1st team to play them rather than reserve team despite the fact it is mainly my 1st team playing either way, i only do so too lower the price i receive if i plan on leaving out a few big players that it lowers the amount i receive which i find more realistic than getting twice as much. I did say before that sides come over to have a good game and it helps that the players here are in mid season so it is a good test for the sides the come over , i didnt make it clear but i was trying to say that their might be an element of we will risk him in order to give them a go and possibly earn some new fans as the see that the LOI is not as bad as everyone thinks. I agree with what most of what you have been saying and im not looking to cheat the system but after i realised it i thought i share it as their are people who do like to for example FMRTE and so on, i dont use these things myself or take advantage of bugs but i dont really care if others do cause their ruining the game for themselves but who am i to tell them what to do. I only mentioned it as i said as i found some might find it helpful and its not a terrible thing if some one is making the odd 10-20k really never said it was realistic or unrealistic and wasnt looking for people to start giving out, its a simple if u want to use it you can if u dont like idea then don't

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Limerick FC

Won the Airtricity 1st Division, Munster Cup & EA Sports Cup in my 1st season

Won the Airtricity Premier Division, Setanta Cup, Munster Cup & EA Sports Cup in my 2nd season.

Where do I start to explain this!!

When promoted to the IPD, I set my board expectations to 'attempt to avoid relegation and by June I was 3rd, board asked me to reconsider my expectations, I set it to 'Top 6 finish'.

Never considered myself to win the league, was hoping for a mid table finish but started brightly and that form continued. Anytime I got top of the table was because Shamrock Rovers had games in hand and when it looks like I could make the position my own, Bohs or Rovers would bring me down to earth.

My finest hour was beating Rovers in the League Cup Final. Terry Dixon and Tristan Plummer both tore muscles and were out for 3 and 2 months respectively. My only other striker was Stephen O' Flynn, a very average target man despite being a club icon and all time top scorer. So when this gem called Tiago Cavalcanti was brought to me by my scouts I snapped him up straight away. He scored 2, assisted two, got MOTM (9.60) on his debut despite no match fitness. His 2nd game he got a hattrick, 2 assists, MOTM (9.60) again despite lacking match fitness. I think all my prayers have been answered going into the final.

Tiago Cavalcanti got sent off within 10 minutes in the final. It was 1-1 at this stage, 3-2 at HT to them. I got a goal in 90+1 to make it 4-4 and I held on until penos and won 5-4. Most of my players were at 50% fitness by the end, they were wrote off! Remember that Dixon is still out, Plummer is out and now my new star, Cavalcanti, will miss 3 league matches through suspension. I used wingers and youth players upfront in rotation just so I wouldnt burn out O'Flynn who only managed 8 goals and 3 assists all season!

I actually played Shamrock Rover a total of 9 times this season

Setanta Cup Qtr Final 1st Leg (A) : 1-1
    Setanta Cup Qtr Final 1st Leg (H) : 2-1
    League (A) 2-1 Loss
    League (H) 6-3 Loss
    League (H) 2-1 Win
    EA Sports Cup Final: 4-4, won it on penalties
    League (H): 1-1
    FAI Cup (H): 1-1
    FAI Cup Replay (A): 2-0 Loss

The last 3 matches were in the final month of the season, back to back. I'd like to think that the effort it took out of them in those 3 matches killed their form and won me the league. After the 3rd match against me, they lost 3 out of their last 4 games, including to Bohs. They also lost the FAI Cup to Waterford.

In my 2nd last game, I lost to St. Pats 3-2. They got a penalty after 2 mins, I equalize, the got another penalty I equalise. Just as Im clinging on for a draw, they get a winner on 90+4. I just wanted the season to be over and start a new one. When I lost to Pats I thought that was it and quickly went about getting the final match done and dusted. I was very tired last night (fried after the 3 Rovers matches too) so I wasnt paying attention to the fact that Rovers had squandered the games in hand and because both of us werent playing well, Bohs had got into striking distance of the title.

ipd.png

Last games

I won 1-0 (Cavalcanti)
    Rovers won 1-0
    Bohs drew 2-2

Imagine my shock as I'm announced as champions. The whole season of just trying to play well and get a respectable league position and in the end I take the title home :o :pac:

How did you get all the club logos, I havent been able to find any facepacks or logopacks for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,184 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Think I've reached the end at Sligo Rovers now. It's January 2018 and last season was the first time I really dominated the league, winning it by 25 points. Nothing will change next year. My wage budget has been doubled to €95k and my transfer budget is €9.8m but I don't even have to sign anyone since my average age is only 23. I've upgraded my youth/training facilities about 3 times each now but I'm still getting nothing from my youth academy.

Might as well list my accomplishments. It was another great game that I'll remember right up there with the mighty Sangiovannese and Potenza :D.

Airtricity League Premier:
    2011: Winner
    2012: Winner
    2013: Winner
    2014: 3rd
    2015: Winner
    2016: Winner
    2017: Winner

FAI Cup
    :
    Won in 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017.
    Runner up in 2016.

Setanta Cup:
    Winner in 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.

EA Sports Cup:
    Winner in 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017.

Champions League:
    2012: Lost in 2nd Q Round.
    2013: Lost in 2nd Q Round.
    2014: Group Stages.
    2016: Group Stages.
    2017: Group Stages.

Europa League
    :
    2011: Lost in 3rd Q Round.
    2015: Lost in 3rd Q Round.

Club balance at the start was €50k in the red. Currently sits at €16.2m in the black now.

Gavin Peers, Danny Ventre, Eoin Doyle and John Russel were the only players to survive my reign of glory. Well done lads :pac:.

Now...Resign and wait for another job or retire? Hmmm.

Take another Irish club and try to topple Sligo Rovers

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Think I've reached the end at Sligo Rovers now. It's January 2018 and last season was the first time I really dominated the league, winning it by 25 points. Nothing will change next year. My wage budget has been doubled to €95k and my transfer budget is €9.8m but I don't even have to sign anyone since my average age is only 23. I've upgraded my youth/training facilities about 3 times each now but I'm still getting nothing from my youth academy.

Might as well list my accomplishments. It was another great game that I'll remember right up there with the mighty Sangiovannese and Potenza :D.

Airtricity League Premier:
    2011: Winner
    2012: Winner
    2013: Winner
    2014: 3rd
    2015: Winner
    2016: Winner
    2017: Winner

FAI Cup:
    Won in 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017.
    Runner up in 2016.

Setanta Cup:
    Winner in 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.

EA Sports Cup:
    Winner in 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017.

Champions League:
    2012: Lost in 2nd Q Round.
    2013: Lost in 2nd Q Round.
    2014: Group Stages.
    2016: Group Stages.
    2017: Group Stages.

Europa League:
    2011: Lost in 3rd Q Round.
    2015: Lost in 3rd Q Round.

Club balance at the start was €50k in the red. Currently sits at €16.2m in the black now.

Gavin Peers, Danny Ventre, Eoin Doyle and John Russel were the only players to survive my reign of glory. Well done lads :pac:.

Now...Resign and wait for another job or retire? Hmmm.

Lasted 22 years in the job myself, won the league 20 times, 18 years in a row....

had state-of-the-art trainin and youth facilities for about 16 of those years, and never got one decent youth.... an absolute joke, but i think it has something to do with the recruitment area...

I think the quality of coaches, their personality, their CA/PA has an effect on your youth recruitment. I've no proof of this but I've seen things like same personalities as favoured personnel or similar PA or player type too much for it to be just a coincidence in the programming.

Take another Irish club and try to topple Sligo Rovers

or start over and retire but this time starting with a small semi-pro team as its harder to attract players, im currently doing it with UCD took over in July 2010 finish 4th, 2011 season 2 out of 2 wins so far in league and 3 out 3 wins in sentanta cup a good start but no europa league football despite Rovers winning the cup, last spot was given to cup runners up Monaghan Utd

• Advertisement

Junior D wrote: »
    Lasted 22 years in the job myself, won the league 20 times, 18 years in a row....

had state-of-the-art trainin and youth facilities for about 16 of those years, and never got one decent youth.... an absolute joke, but i think it has something to do with the recruitment area...

does your merchandising and tv revenue go up alot in the league as your club/league gain higher reputations

i have set up this thread of a very usefull site i use quite alot in other to gain more users of LOI in FM and hopefully more knowledge and discussion of LOI in regards of FM if any care to join if not already a memeber

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-2011-general-discussion/78860-league-ireland-one-try.html#post1249609

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

does your merchandising and tv revenue go up alot in the league as your club/league gain higher reputations

Yea it does, especially the tv revenue. At one stage the league was ranked as the 11th best competition in europe, level with the French and German leagues. The prize money for winning the league also gets higher after a while. I had Sligo as the 19th best club in Europe too.

As soon as i qualified for Champions League and the money came in, the club quickly turned very big. My biggest transfer budget was 16million and wage budget was 400,000k.

My mission was to try win the Champions League with Sligo, but the best I managed was quarters, unfortunately. Left for Inter, and Casiraghi manages Sligo now

Junior D wrote: »
    Yea it does, especially the tv revenue. At one stage the league was ranked as the 11th best competition in europe, level with the French and German leagues. The prize money for winning the league also gets higher after a while. I had Sligo as the 19th best club in Europe too.

As soon as i qualified for Champions League and the money came in, the club quickly turned very big. My biggest transfer budget was 16million and wage budget was 400,000k.

My mission was to try win the Champions League with Sligo, but the best I managed was quarters, unfortunately. Left for Inter, and Casiraghi manages Sligo now

wow great stuff i hope to do the same with UCD but after a good start to my second season its slowly falling appart and with my best player with still a while to go injured looks bleak

i need of help defence wise leaked in 30 goals in 15 games but have scored 40, not really an attacking tactic just unsure how to set up defence for an LOI side , dont have the best defence or keeper either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

i need of help defence wise leaked in 30 goals in 15 games but have scored 40, not really an attacking tactic just unsure how to set up defence for an LOI side , dont have the best defence or keeper either
    Keep it very simple. Lower creative freedom for both of your Central Defenders to almost none, giving your full backs slightly more. You'll also want to make sure that they aren't tippy-tappy at the back either, set the CB's passing to direct.

Think of things you don't want any of them doing, i.e. running with the ball, attempting long shots etc.

In my second season with UCD and now in July doing well in the league in 4th, 5 points off the leaders. I decided to try something similar to the Dublin Super Cup that will be on soon. I set up a league event and managed to get Sunderland, West Ham and Derby. I managed to draw against west ham but lost the other two games. the 3 games over the 3 days did take a toll on my squad especially with a game against sligo in 3 days time. All i say an event like this once a summer is worth the risk, it made the club over 500k due to gate receipts but mainly due to TV revenue with all the 6 games being televised.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Keep it very simple. Lower creative freedom for both of your Central Defenders to almost none, giving your full backs slightly more. You'll also want to make sure that they aren't tippy-tappy at the back either, set the CB's passing to direct.

Think of things you don't want any of them doing, i.e. running with the ball, attempting long shots etc.

thanks for support but i thought i use using the defence set up i used to get AFC Wimbledon to the prem but iwas using the wrong one and have had bout 4 cleansheets in 6 games now tanks though

GarIT wrote: »
    How did you get all the club logos, I havent been able to find any facepacks or logopacks for Ireland.

The Metallic Logo Pack must of had them, I didnt go out of my way to get them. Also the mega facepack has alot of LOI players but not all if thats any use to ya.

Things are going brilliantly at Limerick FC, I managed to get to the UCL group stages, first time of asking. I beat Red Star, then Zilina and finally H. Tel. Aviv. I got really lucky with the draw and some real luck during the matches. But I got absolutely schooled in group stage by Inter, Marseille & Rubin.

With that success, I managed to convince the board to build a youth academy, relay the pitch (took some effort!), buy jackman instead of renting, and better training facilities. Leeds United are now our Parent Club too. Start of the season, the club announced that it was finally going professional despite telling me that they had zero intentions of doing so.

I'm hoping to convince them to spend more of the UCL windfall on club infrastructure but they are being very slow to roll out improvements on the back of unprecedented success. All that I've got is through persistent badgering of the board. You'd think being only able to seat 250 people at UCL matches would motivate any board (IRL, they'd probably be looking to rent Thomond)

Anyways, end of the season comes, €7m is sitting in our bank accounts and the chairmain announces that we have bank repayments to make now until 2027! WTF? Why did we take out this loan? Seems like an idiotic piece of coding

EDIT

Seems that it might to do with buying Jackman, although this wasnt explained in the game at any time. Why a bank loan when you can buy it outright? Is tax shielding implemented in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

Is there anyway to get a player a work permit? I have two players that I signed, but they didn't get work permits straight away so I sent them out on loan. They're back at my team now but still don't have work permits.

• Advertisement

pbowenroe wrote: »
    Is there anyway to get a player a work permit? I have two players that I signed, but they didn't get work permits straight away so I sent them out on loan. They're back at my team now but still don't have work permits.

You'd have to send them to Belgium, for example for 3 years for them to be eligible for a Belgium Passport which in turn would get around work permit issues. Once they have their EU passport, you have to get them to sign a new contract

What club are you, what club are you sending the players to and for how long?

Advertisement