Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

That's too big, they'll remove it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ne'er mind... it's resized itself in my original post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Has to be under 125pixels in height and 20kb in size.

There we go...

But like I said, it's pretty basic. If anyone wants to take it as a template and snazzy it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Campiones! :D

italianseriec2ainformat.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Woah, why all the points deductions? Match fixing?

Desire. wrote: »

:eek: Jaysus! I didn't even see them. That would be taking the games realism to a whole new level :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Debt I'm guessing!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Flew past Sheriff of Moldova in the 3rd Qualifying Round and have just beaten M. Haifa in the Playoff round to reach the group stages for a second consecutive year. My contact is up at the end of the season and I think I may depart San Marino for a new challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Yakult wrote: »
    Debt I'm guessing!?

No idea lads. If its debt, I'm fooked for C1, cos the club is -500k in debt ffs...

Look forward to it though!

• Advertisement

New Stadium by 2020 :D They've just saved themselves from losing me, the man who's guided them to 7 consecutive league wins :) Training and Youth facilities getting a nice upgrade too.

At the end of the 2016/17 season, we've a 100% record, domestically. We're now 152nd ranked in Europe. We'll still have to go through the qualifying rounds in Europe but we should continue to qualify, bar drawing someone major. Annoyingly, as soon as I sign someone for a couple of million, their value decreases substantially.

I reckon I'll still be tempted away by the right job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Fair play! Have San Marino's results internationally improved at all following your success and the league's improvement?

Steam can't load up FM... been trying the last hour to get it running. Devastated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Restarted my United season. I had my first one on 'Small Database'
    I'm such a noob :P

Got Lukaku, Sissoko and Varane. Should be a guddin for my second season on the game.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Steam can't load up FM... been trying the last hour to get it running. Devastated :(

Still not working :(

Anybody have the game installed on Steam and have trouble before? I've checked the local game cache and it says its fine. Have now deleted all local files and uninstalled/re-installed the game twice, yet it's still not working :(

Really wanna get back to my Belenenses game :mad:

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Still not working :(

Anybody have the game installed on Steam and have trouble before? I've checked the local game cache and it says its fine. Have now deleted all local files and uninstalled/re-installed the game twice, yet it's still not working :(

Really wanna get back to my Belenenses game :mad:

Have you tried running it from the .exe?

I'm on a mac...

May have to install by disc, though lord knows where that is

EDIT - just uninstalled Steam and am now reinstalling... hope it works

No luck... disc version it is :(

Edit - have decided to seek help from the SI forum rather than load up the disc version for now

Hope to get a reply by Monday. Would be a helluva lot faster than Steam support anyway

Upon further investigation of the SI forums, there are quite a number of people with problems with FM on mac. Something to do with a Steam update for Lion OS.

Have to wait for a fix now. Basterds :mad:

Thats crappy! Hope they get it sorted soon. Have you gone onto the steam forum to check whats happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Limerick FC

Won the Airtricity 1st Division, Munster Cup & EA Sports Cup in my 1st season

Won the Airtricity Premier Division, Setanta Cup, Munster Cup & EA Sports Cup in my 2nd season.

Where do I start to explain this!!

When promoted to the IPD, I set my board expectations to 'attempt to avoid relegation and by June I was 3rd, board asked me to reconsider my expectations, I set it to 'Top 6 finish'.

Never considered myself to win the league, was hoping for a mid table finish but started brightly and that form continued. Anytime I got top of the table was because Shamrock Rovers had games in hand and when it looks like I could make the position my own, Bohs or Rovers would bring me down to earth.

My finest hour was beating Rovers in the League Cup Final. Terry Dixon and Tristan Plummer both tore muscles and were out for 3 and 2 months respectively. My only other striker was Stephen O' Flynn, a very average target man despite being a club icon and all time top scorer. So when this gem called Tiago Cavalcanti was brought to me by my scouts I snapped him up straight away. He scored 2, assisted two, got MOTM (9.60) on his debut despite no match fitness. His 2nd game he got a hattrick, 2 assists, MOTM (9.60) again despite lacking match fitness. I think all my prayers have been answered going into the final.

Tiago Cavalcanti got sent off within 10 minutes in the final. It was 1-1 at this stage, 3-2 at HT to them. I got a goal in 90+1 to make it 4-4 and I held on until penos and won 5-4. Most of my players were at 50% fitness by the end, they were wrote off! Remember that Dixon is still out, Plummer is out and now my new star, Cavalcanti, will miss 3 league matches through suspension. I used wingers and youth players upfront in rotation just so I wouldnt burn out O'Flynn who only managed 8 goals and 3 assists all season!

I actually played Shamrock Rover a total of 9 times this season

Setanta Cup Qtr Final 1st Leg (A) : 1-1
    Setanta Cup Qtr Final 1st Leg (H) : 2-1
    League (A) 2-1 Loss
    League (H) 6-3 Loss
    League (H) 2-1 Win
    EA Sports Cup Final: 4-4, won it on penalties
    League (H): 1-1
    FAI Cup (H): 1-1
    FAI Cup Replay (A): 2-0 Loss

The last 3 matches were in the final month of the season, back to back. I'd like to think that the effort it took out of them in those 3 matches killed their form and won me the league. After the 3rd match against me, they lost 3 out of their last 4 games, including to Bohs. They also lost the FAI Cup to Waterford.

In my 2nd last game, I lost to St. Pats 3-2. They got a penalty after 2 mins, I equalize, the got another penalty I equalise. Just as Im clinging on for a draw, they get a winner on 90+4. I just wanted the season to be over and start a new one. When I lost to Pats I thought that was it and quickly went about getting the final match done and dusted. I was very tired last night (fried after the 3 Rovers matches too) so I wasnt paying attention to the fact that Rovers had squandered the games in hand and because both of us werent playing well, Bohs had got into striking distance of the title.

ipd.png

Last games

I won 1-0 (Cavalcanti)
    Rovers won 1-0
    Bohs drew 2-2

Imagine my shock as I'm announced as champions. The whole season of just trying to play well and get a respectable league position and in the end I take the title home :o :pac:

Fair play! Have San Marino's results internationally improved at all following your success and the league's improvement?

They're 149th in the world at the moment. Saw them pick up a 1-1 draw at home to the Faroes in the last campaign.

Yakult wrote: »
    Thats crappy! Hope they get it sorted soon. Have you gone onto the steam forum to check whats happening?

Yeah, SI are trying to sort it, but apparently it's not affecting all mac users so there may be an underlying problem.

I can play FM by disc but I'd have to start a new game as it can't detect my old games, despite me moving them to the new folder. The disc version also cannot detect new updates on the SI website. Bizarre :confused:

But despite all that... I reeeeally want to play my Belenenses game. Been scratching out tactics for the final run in on napkins at work :o

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Completed first season in La Liga, finished 16th on 34 points, 3 above relegation. Scored 37 Conceded 63.

Once again the problems upfront lead to some dismal early season form. Resolved this with the loan of Yaya Sonogo from Chelsea.

Top scorer for the team and my POTY was Boyata with 6 goals :( , another loan signing. Going to make it my mission to get him in full time somehow. Wage budget of €155k still crippling my ambitions regarding player signings.

Spent €5m this season and brought in around €4m . Finances are currently €2.5m in the black. Waiting for next year to start to see what kind of budget i have.

Currently focusing on bringing in some unattached players that will play for little to nothing hopefully.

Got end of season offer to manage Bayer Leverkusen. Can't say I wasn't tempted with the massive €12m :pac: transfer budget that I was offered but ultimately decided to stick it out for another year to see if the backing from the board improves.

Looking to offload alot of dead weight in the squad this season so it could prove a pivotal moment in my reign at this club.

New Season Expectations - Avoid Relegation
    190k Wages
    400k Transfer

Was hoping for a bit more but hopefully ill hit gold with some of my sales

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

Somethin here i cant understand:

I'm the NY Red Bulls, just starting my 2nd season. I signed Geremi, whose been brilliant for me. He's on a contract with no clauses..... nothing.

Yet Red Bull Salzburg come in with a loan offer of 475k, and its accepted because it meets the clause in his contract...??

Also I sell Jan Soli for 1.2m, who also has no clauses in his contract, yet the MLS get 33% of the money because he has a sell-on clause??

I'm confused here :confused:

woops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Walcott32

Just started a new game with UCD half way through the 1st season, i'd advise anyone managing an irish team to get jamil adam he is a beast in front of goal. Another thing is set up friendlies for your reserve side against very large teams during the summer and maybe 3 or 4 games against your 1st team if you can. I've been in charge for 5 days in the game and have already doubled my bank balance and more with a healthy 100k balance for a side like UCD, playing teams like derby, sheff utd and leicester with cost you around 2-3k but could make you around 30-40k if against your 1st team and between 15-25k against you reserves hope this helps anyone struggling for cash

• Registered Users Posts: 33,011 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Walcott32 wrote: »
    Just started a new game with UCD half way through the 1st season, i'd advise anyone managing an irish team to get jamil adam he is a beast in front of goal. Another thing is set up friendlies for your reserve side against very large teams during the summer and maybe 3 or 4 games against your 1st team if you can. I've been in charge for 5 days in the game and have already doubled my bank balance and more with a healthy 100k balance for a side like UCD, playing teams like derby, sheff utd and leicester with cost you around 2-3k but could make you around 30-40k if against your 1st team and between 15-25k against you reserves hope this helps anyone struggling for cash
    The reserves thing is pretty much cheating. I'm pretty sure most people like to play the game in the most realistic way possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

CSF wrote: »
    The reserves thing is pretty much cheating. I'm pretty sure most people like to play the game in the most realistic way possible.

IRL, clubs do this as a means that they have no obligation to field a full strength side and most likely will be sending a fringe squad. In Ireland, this would be the case of any side because of league matches when they do get high profile fixtures, how is it cheating?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Walcott32

CSF wrote: »

you can not get huge teams against your reserves only championship sides if your lucky. i dont believe it too be that unrealistic as other clubs see the irish league as a squad to test fitness level against and be given a tough battle as the irish sides are mid way through their season. Football is weird when it comes to friendlies for example villarreal played UCD yesterday, if i had done that would you call it unrealistic and said arrange friendlies against spainish sides such as villareal

Advertisement