Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Are these any good?

They're OK, as above, phones have better cameras these days. Its how creatively you use it that will make the difference, I wouldn't risk my phone stuck on to the side of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Just wondering if anyone that got one of these wants to sell it on to me?

I'm going skiing next week and just remembered this thread but there's probably no chance of being able to order and receive delivery before Friday!

Could collect if it's Cork or Dublin or anywhere on the route between!

Or alternatively if anyone knows of a bricks and mortar shop that would have these for sub €20 that would be great.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kaka2001

Just wondering if anyone that got one of these wants to sell it on to me?

I'm going skiing next week and just remembered this thread but there's probably no chance of being able to order and receive delivery before Friday!

Could collect if it's Cork or Dublin or anywhere on the route between!

Or alternatively if anyone knows of a bricks and mortar shop that would have these for sub €20 that would be great.

Cheers.

Ye I would sell mine. Have the micro SD card aswell, bought from ARGOS. Live in Dublin city Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi folks

I have a question on this camera. Does it make noise and does it have a blue light.

I want to put it into a crawel space where i get all manors of birds in my attic nesting but dont want to disturb them. If it has a light the sparrows nick it, If it makes noise none of the birds nest. I comparrision to a house hold object what does it compare to on size.

Thanks again... I know i am mad.

No noise (no moving parts..), one very small red/orange LED on top but not visible from in front of the lens, its about the size of.. a key fob?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

JustinOval wrote: »
    No noise (no moving parts..), one very small red/orange LED on top but not visible from in front of the lens, its about the size of.. a key fob?

Thank you. Can you give me the link to your site where you bought it. I imagine i can cover the light with bluetac that way i a laughing,

The LED really isn't bright, and is recessed into the cover. The seller I bought from (May last year) doesn't have any listed now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

kaka2001 wrote: »
    Ye I would sell mine. Have the micro SD card aswell, bought from ARGOS. Live in Dublin city Centre

Sweet. Private message me how much u want and where u are. Does the battery hold up well on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I've got two of these keyfob cams which I bought last May for use on my rc planes. They worked very well up to last weekend when they both "died", i.e. they just recorded a few seconds worth before they stopped working. Now my pc can't read whats on the micro sd cards.

Strange that they both stopped working at the same time. In built self destruct feature?????:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I've got two of these keyfob cams which I bought last May for use on my rc planes. They worked very well up to last weekend when they both "died", i.e. they just recorded a few seconds worth before they stopped working. Now my pc can't read whats on the micro sd cards.

Strange that they both stopped working at the same time. In built self destruct feature?????:rolleyes:

Is it not more likely that the SD cards got corrupted?

I would zero out the cards and rebuild and format them again ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hi folks

I have a question on this camera. Does it make noise and does it have a blue light.

I want to put it into a crawel space where i get all manors of birds in my attic nesting but dont want to disturb them. If it has a light the sparrows nick it, If it makes noise none of the birds nest. I comparrision to a house hold object what does it compare to on size.

Thanks again... I know i am mad.

It would be interesting to monitor a recurring Swallow's nest in one of my sheds ..... they returned each year for more than 10 years ...... but the lack of a remote means to activate and deactivate it would be a problem.
    Maybe I will find something similar cheap that will do the job ...... not important, just of interest :)

It would be interesting to monitor a recurring Swallow's nest in one of my sheds ..... they returned each year for more than 10 years ...... but the lack of a remote means to activate and deactivate it would be a problem.
    Maybe I will find something similar cheap that will do the job ...... not important, just of interest :)

A webcam might be better...

I also have a wireless pinhole camera, runs off a 9V battery and transmits to a receiver plugged into your TV. Another ebay €10 special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

JustinOval wrote: »
    A webcam might be better...

I also have a wireless pinhole camera, runs off a 9V battery and transmits to a receiver plugged into your TV. Another ebay €10 special.

Would you have a link to such a device?

I'm not endorsing this particular one (gone up in price since I bought too...), but just to show the kit -

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Mini-CCTV-Security-Color-Pinhole-Camera-Wireless-Cam-/380312391124?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item588c628dd4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Is it not more likely that the SD cards got corrupted?

I would zero out the cards and rebuild and format them again ...

When I download the vids from the cards, I always format them to clear off what's there. Is there something else I can do to get them working again?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kaka2001

Sweet. Private message me how much u want and where u are. Does the battery hold up well on it?

PM Sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

I've got two of these keyfob cams which I bought last May for use on my rc planes. They worked very well up to last weekend when they both "died", i.e. they just recorded a few seconds worth before they stopped working. :rolleyes:

I had a similar problem shortly after buying the thing. Reformatting or replacing the card made no difference. Tried the tiny pin-hole reset with - would you believe it- a pin and bingo. Worth a shot before you start prying 'em open.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

when it is recording, the light stays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If anyone's got one down my direction, I'd gladly take it off their hands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

PLEASE NOTE: You can now remove the date and time overlay from the following models:

GumPack - MD80 - 808 #3

Trying this procedure with any other model of 808 Cam will brick it. You have been warned.

Software only solution: http://www.mytempfiles.info/gum/project3.html

---

EDIT: Chuck Lohr has collected the necessary files and YouTube tutorials for #3 modding on his site.

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C3/index.html#C3FirmwareMod

---

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I succeeded in doing this tonight, but it is an extremely hairy process.

I followed the guide at my first link in the post above:

http://www.mytempfiles.info/gum/project3.html

ISP_1528.exe gave me no feedback whatsoever after writing the firmware to the device.. I was left hanging\wondering about bricked devices etc.. the process had to be CTRL ALT DEL ended.

The process worked, despite the unhelpful software.

In any case, both my 808 #3's had to be hard reset after reading and writing the firmware.

Have a paperclip handy..

---

Here's a raw video clip, uploaded as proof of success, just pointing at the boards.ie logo on the PC monitor. The yellow light is due to the use of a CFL light bulb, as far as I can tell.

808CAM-3-TimeDateRemoved-FirmwareMOD-SUNP0006.AVI

2787KB

720 x 480

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P39M1OTC

-or-

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b555907/n/808CAM-3-TimeDateRemoved-FirmwareMOD-SUNP0006_AVI

-or-

http://depositfiles.com/files/6hmthy9kx

-or-

http://netload.in/dateiG230kzC5Rs/808CAM-3-TimeDateRemoved-FirmwareMOD-SUNP0006.AVI.htm

-or-

http://www.load.to/ufHIAImMkt/808CAM-3-TimeDateRemoved-FirmwareMOD-SUNP0006.AVI

---

So, it works, but it is a risky procedure. Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

psst - dropbox.com

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Any update on where to get these as buyincoins seems to be down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Seems a bit temperamental from the comments here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Footage from the new #11 model seems highly impressive. Sadly it's about four times the price of the #3 that we're all used to at this stage. Easily 4X the image quality, but are you really willing to pay $40 for something as marginally built as these.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I bought a #11 for €22 (incl: delivery) and I am now waiting for it to arrive.

I'll post a small review here once I get it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Where'd you find it for that price?

This seller:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Mini-HD-DV-key-chain-Camera-Recorder-DVR-Video-1280x720_W0QQitemZ160546966106QQcategoryZ48634QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It was actually €28, don't know where I was getting that other price from :p
    It arrived last Friday, 9 working days after order.

I haven't had time to give it a good going through yet, but I've noticed that there is no default time stamp unless you want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Hows the image quality on it?

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote: »
    Hows the image quality on it?
    Lots of info here:
    http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C11/index.html

As I said, I haven't had time to give mine a look yet.

Advertisement