Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

JustinOval wrote: »
    What class SD card do you have?

I have a 4GB SanDisk class 2 card. Got it a while ago on special offer from Argos. It works great with the camera. I've never used a higher class card with it so I don't know if there is a big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

basquille wrote: »
    I think he means are the cards Class 2 / 4 / 8?

I'm not sure, is there a way of telling by looking at them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I'm not sure, is there a way of telling by looking at them?

It usually says it on the card...... but I googled your 8GB sanDisk M2 card (it mightn't be exactly the same as yours) and it doesn't say the class on it! On that link it says the write speed of the card is 3 MB/s. This is equal to 24 Mb/s so that works out to be a class 8. I could be wrong though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I have an 8gb San Disk M2 card, another San Disk 2gb and a no-name 1gb card that came with the camera. Doesn't make a difference which I use.

Doubt it's the card so. Might be a playback/codec issue on your PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Blade wrote: »
    Doubt it's the card so. Might be a playback/codec issue on your PC?

Pretty sure it's the camera as I've tried it on different computers and also got the same problem when I upload to youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Another one here. in a posh box, if anyone wants it.

http://www.adverts.ie/307364/other-electronics/key-ring-micro-camera/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

still not got one need one by thursday

anyone got one?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

One way to test your card is to use this program which doesn't need installation and then compare the results to this table:

8X = 1.2 Mb/sec
    12X = 1.8 Mb/sec
    20X = 3.0 Mb/sec
    25X = 3.8 Mb/sec
    30X = 4.5 Mb/sec
    40X = 6.0 Mb/sec
    60X = 9.0 Mb/sec
    66X = 10.0 Mb/sec
    80X = 12.0 Mb/sec
    90X = 15.0 Mb/sec
    133X = 20.0 Mb/sec

If the card is slower, adjust accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Got one from 2009happyseller on eBay, and it arrived in 10 days or so, and has yellow time on the bottom right corner, but with black background - which means it's a version 8 I think - should do the job anyway, it's just for fun really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Just wanted to add my tuppence worth to the thread as I got one of these yokes too! Did my first test today and was very impressed I have to say! Bought from linjiechong on eBay and I think I have a number 3. Put it together with a 4GB card from bobob_uk as their prices seemed reasonable enough, so for anyone still looking to get one I would recommend both of these places! Links below to a couple of videos to demonstrate, and no, before anyone comments, I don't target filming peoples' arses, that's just what's in front of you when you cycle!:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aUM_O_MibE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpeXKv9HiNI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I think that's a #8 you have there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

What's the going rate people have been paying for one of these including postage? I've had a look on Ebay and it seems to be coming out at between 7.50-9.50€?

€6.15 inc. postage here

I bought from here and got a #3, as have others. Not a guarantee by any means, but surely worth stating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

gerryk wrote: »
    €6.15 inc. postage here

I bought from here and got a #3, as have others. Not a guarantee by any means, but surely worth stating.

Thanks just ordered using your link. What is the difference between a "3" and others?

tommy21 wrote: »
    Thanks just ordered using your link. What is the difference between a "3" and others?

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

Sorry to repeat myself but if anybody wants to sell a #3 then pm me please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Sorry to repeat myself but if anybody wants to sell a #3 then pm me please! :)

Yeah, sorry about that. I guess postage from China to Limerick would have been quicker. :o

JustinOval wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry about that. I guess postage from China to Limerick would have been quicker. :o
    Well JustinOval's camera arrived for me and I had great fun with it yesterday. Went to turn it on today and nothing happened! I reset it and nothing happens. I tried charging it but no light appears. I tried connecting it to my laptop's USB port and the drivers can't be installed or summat. Anybody got any suggestions? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bobsxx

Hi,
    I got mine a while ago and got the SD card today but when I put it into the comp it didnt install properly and said that there was no driver found for the image device or something like that!!!
    Anyone have the same problem or know what to do???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I got one this morning from 365 digital, a number 3. Worked fine at 1st but now it's stopped responding.

The little yellow light comes on when I power it on but it will no longer take pictures or videos, and I can't turn it off either. If I connect it to my computer, my computer no longer recongises it's connected.

I tried the reset button several times but it doesn't help. Is it bricked already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

anyone got links to something better made/more durable etc . dont mind paying more for something that wont break after few uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I got one this morning from 365 digital, a number 3. Worked fine at 1st but now it's stopped responding.

The little yellow light comes on when I power it on but it will no longer take pictures or videos, and I can't turn it off either. If I connect it to my computer, my computer no longer recongises it's connected.

I tried the reset button several times but it doesn't help. Is it bricked already?

Got it going again, I reformatted the SD card with my computer and it fixed the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I got one of these but the PC never recognised it and it didn't seem to charge.

There's a lot of different versions and links in this monster thread!

Can someone send me a link for a cam and memory card that's been tried and tested and works well? Hope to put it in underwater housing and do some underwater videos soon.

foto joe wrote: »

Can someone send me a link for a cam and memory card that's been tried and tested and works well? Hope to put it in underwater housing and do some underwater videos soon.

I bought twice from this lad... http://www.buyincoins.com/key-chain-spy-camera-camcorder-dv-dvr-tf-card-product-1311.html

On both occcasions it was a #3 and works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

foto joe wrote: »

The one I bought didn't work at first either. I emailed the sender and he said there are often problems with the USB cable supplied. I tried my own cable from a GPS watch and now it works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

tommy21 wrote: »

got mine a few days ago. please note that the camera does not come with an sd card. i had an old sd card - it worked first time. grand job.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

charlesh wrote: »
    .....please note that the camera does not come with an sd card.....
    I think everyone except you knew that. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I just got one from buyincoins today and its a #10, Picture quality is abit blurred on anything over a few feet away but for the money you cant really complain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mabozarichie

Are these any good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Are these any good?

By what comparison?

I think they are brilliant, fun, cheap, cheerful. I've much better video cams, even my phone is better ~ but form factor and price against fun element, they are great.

Advertisement