Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

This seller:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Mini-HD-DV-key-chain-Camera-Recorder-DVR-Video-1280x720_W0QQitemZ160546966106QQcategoryZ48634QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It was actually €28, don't know where I was getting that other price from :p
    It arrived last Friday, 9 working days after order.

I haven't had time to give it a good going through yet, but I've noticed that there is no default time stamp unless you want one.
    just ordered one there and with the current exchange rate it comes out at €29.24 according to paypal.

I have a #8 one already, but the usb connection has stopped working so i've bought a couple of big fat rechargable 2800 mAh batteries plus a holder and a charger and i'm going to put it all together (apart from the charger, obviously :)) and see how long the little bugger will last with a decent sized microSD in it, just as soon as i can figure out where my soldering iron is hiding itself.

cat-cam & radio controller microcopter cam here i come. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Just bought one for the missus to use when she's driving to and from work. Can't wait to see how it performs.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Just bought one for the missus to use when she's driving to and from work. Can't wait to see how it performs.

Here is a full review of the new 11 (Excellent review with comparisons to previous cameras) :

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2011/2/18/finally-a-real-hd-mini-keyring-spy-camera-11-808.html?currentPage=3#comments

Here is a list of ebay sellers who supply the 11. (Taken from techmoan website):

The chaps behind the HD808 #11 Micro HD camera got in touch with a nice email.

They explained their company consists of eight stores on ebay

eletoponline365 hxelepro360 digitalele889 beetleonline

power-gps eletech086 internet-shop365 powerdigital898

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I had the #3 but wasn't overly impressed with the quality. Great for the price but still, not as good as my phone's video. From looking at that review the #11 is MUCH better.

I've ordered one now which I hope to use to shoot some underwater video. :) I have underwater camera housing so the plan is to mount the camera with some kind of plastic foam inside the lens port of the housing. Start recording as soon to the start of the dive as possible, close the housing and hopefully still get 20 odd minutes of underwater footage before the battery goes. :cool:

foto joe wrote: »
    Start recording as soon to the start of the dive as possible, close the housing and hopefully still get 20 odd minutes of underwater footage before the battery goes. :cool:
    according to the review in one of the above posts, you should get about 45 minutes out of the standard battery, but you could use a AA miniUSB charger to give it some extra juice if you needed to, although it *might* stop recording when it gets to 4gb, depending on the way the cable is wired (again, according to the review).

• Advertisement

well, that was pretty much spot on. :)

just got my 720p one in the post yesterday and decided to give it a go to test the battery life and got 44 minutes out of it on a single charge (about a 2.2gb single video file).

all the lights were out, so i pointed it out of the bedroom window which meant that it didn't capture much of anything, but it did the job.

just charging it again now to do a daytime test and i'll upload a video sample once that's done.

My #11 arrive, 1 week after ordering on eBay from eletoponline365. Didn't notice on the listing but it includes a car charger. (all I need now is a car!)

The video quality is MUCH much better then the #3. The webcam quality is also very sharp and the drivers installed themselves on Windows 7. I left it recording and also got 44minutes on a single charge, it saved the video before dying. It created a single 44minute 2.2GB .MOV file.

It gets quite hot when recording over 10minutes, which is worrying. Hopefully it doesn't damage itself.

next week I hope to pair it up to my €3.95 Duracell USB charger, start recording, mount all inside underwater camera housing and go for a dive :) . It should record over 2hrs on the 8GB card if all goes well. :cool:

duracell_1.jpg

Few notes worth mentioning, and are mentioned in that video review;

To load as webcam - plug into usb, hold front button, then also hold back button, when light turns orange release back button, then release front button. It's tricking to get the timing right!

To record while charging - begin video recording first... then attach to usb while it is recording.

Hooked it up to the battery pack this evening... it kept recording until it created a 4GB file, 1hour 21minutes.

Then it stopped though, I knew there was a 4GB file limit but hoped it would create a new file and continue recording on the 8GB card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

hi im looking at buying this one from a link above. is this one of the 11 cameras?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8G-Car-Key-Camera-DV-Webcam-Driving-Recorder-Camcorder-/160615979279?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256575590f

im going to florida in 2 weeks so gonna get it for recording us on the rollercoasters:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

m.j.w wrote: »
    hi im looking at buying this one from a link above. is this one of the 11 cameras?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8G-Car-Key-Camera-DV-Webcam-Driving-Recorder-Camcorder-/160615979279?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256575590f

im going to florida in 2 weeks so gonna get it for recording us on the rollercoasters:D
    NO. Thats prob a #3 and at 5 times the price...

100% def a #11 camera here:
    eletoponline365
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-HD-DV-key-chain-Camera-Recorder-DVR-Video-1280x720/160546966106?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1QQcategoryZ48634QQcmdZViewItem

They're the crowd I bought mine from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'm kinda curious about this for the bike. But its not rain proof and little awkward to mount?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Not sure how rain/water proof it is, but I wouldn't try it.
    As far as mounting it goes, it depend how handy you are with a roll of tape :D

I've put my low-budget GoPro alternative together now and brought it for a dive last night... :p (late evening, lighting could have been better)

http://www.vimeo.com/27811759

P.S. Boards.ie please stop deferring vimeo embedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Absolutely brilliant! How much of a boost to running time did the duracell pack give you?

The camera stops after 1hr 20mins (4GB file). To record more you need to start a new recording manually.

There's still plenty of charge left after that, I'd say you could fully charge it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Just noticed one of these available via Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/0009-Camera-Camcorder-Hidden-recorder/dp/B0041T8IT6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

As it's 'fulfilled by Amazon', you can get 'free Supersaver delivery' on orders over £25. Probably easier to get a refund/replacement from Amazon if you get a dodgy one. And don't forget it's 'Nicely Boxed !':)

That amazon one is "Video format: AVI Image format:640*480".

It's not the #11, for that money get a #11, they're the best by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

foto joe wrote: »
    I've put my low-budget GoPro alternative together now and brought it for a dive last night... :p (late evening, lighting could have been better)

http://www.vimeo.com/27811759

P.S. Boards.ie please stop deferring vimeo embedding!

Great vid. Thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Great quality video. I noticed youre not a great man for the talking Joe. But you divers are great for the underwater ok signal it seems. Must be nice when other divers visually merrily swimming signal to you that they are ok just to stop you worrying about them!.
    Also that part at 5:30 would have scared the sh!t out of me with the sound up if i wasnt a boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Does anyone have a link to this still?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Derek! wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to this still?

The 808 #11 can be bought from the sellers listed in this post: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16951750&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Perfect, i'll check it out thanks

Great quality video. I noticed youre not a great man for the talking Joe. But you divers are great for the underwater ok signal it seems. Must be nice when other divers visually merrily swimming signal to you that they are ok just to stop you worrying about them!
    one of the best things about diving is the lack of talking involved. its a great thing to get the missus involved in, if only for the peace and quiet! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TheHopeful

Hey, I got one of the older versions from the start of the thread, off hobbyking. It takes pictures fine, but the video has never worked properly. It records, and I can hear the audio, but the there's no picture, just a blank black screen.

Any have any ideas? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

So how many of you guys have used these as perving cameras lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Finally got around to trying a couple of these yesterday.
    The first one is the one I got from Amazon for £7.66. The second one was $40 on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160638573617
    Replaced the audio with random music, as it was just wind noise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Any way of buying one of these online with a Laser card??

FearDark wrote: »
    Any way of buying one of these online with a Laser card??
    you could use one of those 3V cards or i've seen that o2 do a pay as you go visa debit card now and some banks are starting to switch to visa debit as well instead of laser and they can all be used online anywhere you can use a visa card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

TheHopeful wrote: »
    Hey, I got one of the older versions from the start of the thread, off hobbyking. It takes pictures fine, but the video has never worked properly. It records, and I can hear the audio, but the there's no picture, just a blank black screen.

Any have any ideas? Thanks.
    sounds more like a video codec problem on your computer, than the camera itself.

try download VLC Player and see if it works plays in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I have read through most of these posts and have confused myself. I am thinking of buying a camera that can be used on a bike. Can someone who has bought one and used one let me know what camera is best to buy. Thanks

Advertisement