Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Well, at least in the specs it mentions a working time of 2 hours, that's why I was expecting more than the one hour I get from mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Tombiman wrote: »
    I really want to PM that buyer and direct him to this thread. :D
    I've just posted a comment in the ad thread. This is how profiteering is being dealt with now - warn the users, then if they want to go ahead, that's up to them....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I just bought one of these and was wondering was anyone else having the same trouble I'm having? Mine will only record for a max of 5 minutes although the battery life seems ok when I go over and turn it on the light isn't blinking to indicate a low battery.

it'll be your card. I had one card record long videos fine, bought a new card, and it kept cutting out after a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭galwaylad

esel wrote: »
    I've just posted a comment in the ad thread. This is how profiteering is being dealt with now - warn the users, then if they want to go ahead, that's up to them....

I am NOT profiteering, you should have pm'd me first and got all the facts before spoiling my thread. That was very unfair in my opinion. I purchased said spy cam from spyireland.ie for €99.99. I was unaware that these were readily available for cheaper.

So I was not profiteering, I am making a loss of €65. If these are cheaper elsewhere I am sorry as I didn't realise this when I bought mine but I am asking a fair price considering what I paid for it.

I happen to have a very good reputation on adverts.ie as you can see by my feedback, I am NOT out to screw anybody and I hope you can all appreciate that.

Spoling my thread before finding out all the facts was very unfair.

EDIT: By the way, I have just pm'd probable buyer and sent him a link to this thread so he can make up his own mind as you suggested. The last thing I want is to get a bad reputation on this website.

Galwaylad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

m4r10 wrote: »
    You could check the memory card to see it it has enough room for the camera to record, as the resulting files are huge.

Now one question of my own: did anybody managed to record continuously more than an hour on a single charge? Mine would record 2 half an hour files and the third one comes empty because the battery runs out of juice during the recording.

I thought I was being clever when I bought an 8Gb memory card for it, but didn't take into account the battery! :(
    I recorded four 20 min files back to back on one charge and I'm not even sure that I maxed the battery as I it was still recording up untill I turned it off

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

galwaylad wrote: »
    I purchased said spy cam from spyireland.ie for €99.99. I was unaware that these were readily available for cheaper.

So I was not profiteering, I am making a loss of €65.

If you did indeed purchase said spy cam from spyireland.ie one month ago and it was faulty, then why didn't you return it to said place and get your 99 Euro back instead of selling it on Adverts at a loss of 65?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

I recorded four 20 min files back to back on one charge and I'm not even sure that I maxed the battery as I it was still recording up untill I turned it off

After checking the http://chucklohr.com/808/#Instructions3, it says that is capable of 1 hour of recording, 50-70 minutes, so it's within the parameters. Still, I was hoping it will allow me to record for longer. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

m4r10 wrote: »
    After checking the http://chucklohr.com/808/#Instructions3, it says that is capable of 1 hour of recording, 50-70 minutes, so it's within the parameters. Still, I was hoping it will allow me to record for longer. :(

Get one of the USB chargers from Tesco for ~€3.95 and following the instructions on the bottom of the Chuck Lohr page, power up with an external supply. That battery will give you hours of recording time, with the tradeoff of being a bit bulky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

galwaylad wrote: »
    I was unaware that these were readily available for cheaper.
    If these are cheaper elsewhere I am sorry as I didn't realise this when I bought mine but I am asking a fair price considering what I paid for it.
    to be fair, this thread has been going for nearly 4 months now, rarely off the first page. Your ad even got a mention before now.

If I was tempted to spend €99 on a small piece of black plastic, I would be very thankful to anyone (or google/ebay/youtube) who directed me to the same product for a tenth of the price, retail. If only you had asked here a month ago.....

"Ye have just ruined my thread for absolutely no reason."

How wrong is it to blatantly allow a fellow boardsie make the same mistake.
    That aside I'll leave the modding to the mods.

"Gobsmacked" - several other unbranded products there at equally incredible markups (allegedly).
    Ripoff Ireland is not RIP.

Apologies for discussion - endof

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

ok mam and dad are going away next thursday morning

can somone link me to somewere i can get 1 by then??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'm sure someone on adverts.ie would be able to help you out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

i have one of these. It wont turn on any more after charging. The light comes on when i plug in a usb cable as if power is going in but when i disconnect the usb it cant be switched on. Was working fine a few weeks ago.

Anybody bored of their #3 and willing to sell? I checked the chucklohr website and he has links to definite #3s but I want one quickly. Can't find any on adverts.ie surprisingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Yeah, go on then - you can have mine. Can't post 'til Monday though.

JustinOval wrote: »
    Yeah, go on then - you can have mine. Can't post 'til Monday though.
    pm sent! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Well mine is fecked, stoped working.

Camera will come on, led comes on, but then won't turn of, record or take a pic.
    Plug it into the usb and the led comes on solid.
    Only way to turn it of is the reset button! I've tried different cards but no good!

Think I'll have to try a hard reset (cut the battery wires and resolder) unless anyone else had this problem?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Does yours have a reset pin hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

koolkid wrote: »
    Does yours have a reset pin hole?
    Yup, it's the only way I can turn it off, but it doesn't help the functioning of the thing, it will turn on but then stays on and does nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

I want one of these but it seems like the're very hit and miss:(

can anyone recommend a specific one? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I want one of these but it seems like the're very hit and miss:(

can anyone recommend a specific one? thanks

You can have mine if you like.....its been sitting here for 3 weeks (unused) and I've lost interest in it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

danjo-xx wrote: »
    You can have mine if you like.....its been sitting here for 3 weeks (unused) and I've lost interest in it now.
    Nice one :D

i will pm you then,cheers.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm sure most of us have barely used them at all.

Has anyone actually put the thing to much good use? Examples? Videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Nice one :D

i will pm you then,cheers.

can't pm you back,

User Friendly has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her

All I need is name and address..no money...your grand....and I'll bung it in the post tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Zascar wrote: »

Has anyone actually put the thing to much good use? Examples? Videos?

Nope

Anybody else wanting to sell a #3? JustinOval hasn't got back to me so I fear the worst :(

Sorry, completely forgot when I got home yesterday evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Would like a no. 3 also as the one I bought is absolutely useless. Framerate skips everywhere making videos unwatchable.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Would like a no. 3 also as the one I bought is absolutely useless. Framerate skips everywhere making videos unwatchable.

What class SD card do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

JustinOval wrote: »
    What class SD card do you have?

I have an 8gb San Disk M2 card, another San Disk 2gb and a no-name 1gb card that came with the camera. Doesn't make a difference which I use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think he means are the cards Class 2 / 4 / 8?

Advertisement