Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Zascar wrote: »
    I bought this mainly to put on my helmet whole mountain biking or on my motorbike. What would be the best way to secure it without resorting yards of duct tape?

cable ties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Got mine on Friday, the images are all badly saturated though...I take it it's fooked? or any idea's on what to do?

//edit

It seems to be a #4...bugger. just have to buy again!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 4545lkjo454

I bought this mainly to put on my helmet whole mountain biking or on my motorbike. What would be the best way to secure it without resorting yards of duct tape?

3M DUAL VELCRO

see here 1.39 in
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxZsckWZOAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

So are you stuck with the time stamp on the footage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

i have a number 3 and can't seem to edit the time stamp. The instructions are impossible to comprehend fully! alternatively and preferably, i'd like to remove the stamp?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

alexlyons wrote: »
    i have a number 3 and can't seem to edit the time stamp. The instructions are impossible to comprehend fully! alternatively and preferably, i'd like to remove the stamp?!

Not sure if you can remove it other than with with a filter after recording.

Check post #223 for instructions for setting the correct time and date on the stamp.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66596467&postcount=223

cheers dude, read the first version of your post saying 225ish from the email, there's a good link that gives instructions for each camera in post 289, forgot to get a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Do you get subscribed posts via email, before the ninja edit? Must remember that...

ye, becuase I had just posted, I get an email about the next post, the instant its posted, which in this case was your one about post 355. However every single email I get like that says I won't get another email informing me of other posts until I visit the thread again, but if I leave it subscribed, I'll get random emails about some posts but not all of them.. a pain in the a*rse if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I got three from here and also 3 x 4gb micro SD cards from Argos for €9 each.
    All working perfectly so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I just got a delivery of two from 2009happyseller. They're #6s, which is supposedly a slightly inferior variant of the #3. Image quality still seems good though, and the LED is a bit brighter. They came in a magnetic-lid box, too, as opposed to the bubble-wrap that my #3s from buyincoins came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Baza210 wrote: »
    They came in a magnetic-lid box, too, as opposed to the bubble-wrap that my #3s from buyincoins came in.

Could you post a pic please, sounds interesting.

This eBay seller has cheap and cheerful adhesive Velcro, which I've purchased:

http://myworld.ebay.ie/thecableshackuk/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Amalgam wrote: »
    Could you post a pic please, sounds interesting.

Sell_808_car_keys_Micro-camera_micro_camera_mini_dvr_spycam.jpg

Posh packaging!

I see a good few sellers, to keep costs down, ship the various DVRs without cables or any extra fittings, just the bare camera. No boxes either, which makes your purchase surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Saw a 4GB SDHC micro card (Class 4) in Tesco Clearwater for €9 last night.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Received a #3 yesterday, good quality picture for the money. The only problem is that the image is slightly inclined, I intend to take it apart and try to put the lens in the right position.
    Apart from that, I'm a happy bunny (at least for a few days).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

m4r10 wrote: »
    Received a #3 yesterday, good quality picture for the money. The only problem is that the image is slightly inclined, I intend to take it apart and try to put the lens in the right position.

Some of them use silicone which you can easily push down into place, but some use a hard glue.

Blade wrote: »
    Some of them use silicone which you can easily push down into place, but some use a hard glue.

Will know for sure later today if it's possible to straighten it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I see a seller on eBay selling one for £33. :o

Having a look through the thread, it seems 2009HappySeller seems to be the best bet when buying one. Might take a chance at it, have nothing else to buy anyway. :D

• Advertisement

I see a seller on eBay selling one for £33. :o

In his defense, I'd point out that his cameras come with 4Gb memory included, but still it's way over top.

Not only that, but he sold already 7 pieces at £33!!! Crazy!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I say fair play to him. Enterprising!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just got mind from 365digital.
    Paid £4.41 and £0.97 shipping

It has the yellow time-stamp and works perfect. I've nothing to compare it to really (I'm not a video/photo geek) but for under £6 its a damn handy toy. I'm going to bring it on my walk of the El Camino del Rey next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

esel wrote: »
    Saw a 4GB SDHC micro card (Class 4) in Tesco Clearwater for €9 last night.
    what make was that . i looked there and only saw a tdk 4gb class 4 for 22euro. It scanned at 22euro so i left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

what make was that . i looked there and only saw a tdk 4gb class 4 for 22euro. It scanned at 22euro so i left it.
    Sorry, I can't remember. I definitely did see it though, and I made a point of checking it was Class 4, with the intention of posting in this thread.

Not your ornery onager

Bought an 8GB class 4 Kingston card from here. Just went for an 8GB card to be on the safe side, you wouldn't want to run out of space just when trying to capture a special moment. And the price difference between a 4Gb and an 8GB is very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

m4r10 wrote: »

Mine was the same. Fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Got mine today from http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/2009happyseller/ do not know which version but it works perfect.

Found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWU3ec4-p4c&feature=related very helpful.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

New to the whole mini camera and was just wondering which version I should purchase? It is said the version #3 seems to be the best. So I'm looking at either;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-DV-Hidden-Camera-Key-Chain-Web-DVR-Recorder-30FPS-/160467802063?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_5049wt_912

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/Version-3-Keychain-Spy-Camera-4GB-Memory-Card-1Hr-/230511942942?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_2783wt_1137

What would people recommend? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭podge3

I think this is the cheapest for a #3. I got 3 of them and they all work fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320524053109#ht_5142wt_911

Advertisement