Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

What about micro SD cards? Where would I find a 4GB class 4 one for cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭25

Hi just bought one of these does anyone know where to buy the tf card that it needs to record onto?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

25 wrote: »
    Hi just bought one of these does anyone know where to buy the tf card that it needs to record onto?
    Thanks

tf is the same as an ordinary micro SD or SDHC card.

Here's a Class 4 4GB for £6 on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

What about micro SD cards? Where would I find a 4GB class 4 one for cheap?

Just got two 4 GB micro sdhc class 4 for £15.98 p&p from mymemory.co.uk.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Integral/Integral-Micro-SD-HC-Memory-Cards

Finally get to have some fun with the cams.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Hi folks,
    I have a #3. Can anyone give me a rough idea:
    How long will the battery last (video mode)?
    How much video will I get with 4GB?

I bought it for my walk on the El Camino del Rey :) Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

JohnCleary wrote: »

Seen that before, you got to be kidding, you're not seriously doing that walk??? But if you are that crazy, post the video here! :)

Just over an hour on 4gb and the battery should last that if it's fully charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Blade wrote: »
    Seen that before, you got to be kidding, you're not seriously doing that walk??? But if you are that crazy, post the video here! :)

Just over an hour on 4gb and the battery should last that if it's fully charged.

Thanks for the info, i'll make sure not to record it continiously, and only at the interesting bits :pac:

Yeah, i'm doing the walk this Saturday. Flying out tomorrow for a 'relaxing' holiday. The other half said she wanted to do some activities, so we're doing that walk :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Thanks for the info, i'll make sure not to record it continiously, and only at the interesting bits

Stick two of them on your head and record it in 3D! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Blade wrote: »
    Stick two of them on your head and record it in 3D! :)

Heh, I was gonna do that but then I realized that noe of them have the same focal length, camera angle or anything ... stuff you'd need to be fairly precise on to get the 3D to work :p

Baza210 wrote: »
    Heh, I was gonna do that but then I realized that noe of them have the same focal length, camera angle or anything ... stuff you'd need to be fairly precise on to get the 3D to work :p

I know, was joking. But I am looking for 2 of them same for that purpose. I've ordered quite a few. According to that site posted up here the focal length can be adjusted and so can the camera angle as I've had to straighten some of them before. It's a pain though I agree, might not be worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Sooooo, who's been a naughty boardsie then????

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056010766

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

JustinOval wrote: »
    When do we get to see clips from these being used creatively? :D

I went out with the intention of attaching mine to a kite last week, it must have been the calmest Sunday Cork has ever seen... :rolleyes:

It seems to create a file called SUNP0003, so search youtube for SUNP0003 and you can find lots of people's videos:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=SUNP0003+&aq=f

It seems to create a file called SUNP0003, so search youtube for SUNP0003 and you can find lots of people's videos:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=SUNP0003+&aq=f

Judging by them, the quality is very impressive! Would've expected a smaller resolution, or a jumpy video.

I just ordered mine off eBay from 365digital, hopefully it's the #3.
    Will keep everyone updated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Hi folks,
    I have a #3. Can anyone give me a rough idea:
    How long will the battery last (video mode)?
    How much video will I get with 4GB?

Feel ill just looking at that video..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I just ordered mine off eBay from 365digital, hopefully it's the #3.
    Will keep everyone updated.

I bought 2 from that seller. they are #3 and both work great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Davy wrote: »
    No mention of date/time stamp though, so probably not a #3.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I just got a #6 from 2009happyseller

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Hmm, seems he has perfected the external battery modification :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭smilgy

I bought 2 from that seller. they are #3 and both work great :)

I second that, got 2 #3's today as well.

Got mine this morning, only 8 working days after I ordered it. :D

Haven't a clue yet as to what kind of camera it is as I didn't to anything with it. :D

EDIT: Judging by some pictures I took, it's a #3. The timestamp is yellow, and in the bottom-right corner. Happy overall. :)

EDIT EDIT: There seems to be a problem with the microphone. When recording, it slowly builds up volume for about 5 seconds, then cuts out and begins to build volume again. Happens repeatedly. Maybe because the battery wasn't charged? We'll see.
    Video quality is fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I got 2 arrive last week from buyincoins.com - fairly sure they are #3's

They are top quality for the price. Unfortunately I murdered one fairly fast as I took the kids to the field and thought it would be funny to kick ball and camera very high; whilst recording of course... ball went up and camera went sideways:p

It now gives the flashing sequence to indicate no card inserted...

In all this I opened it up to look for loose connections etc and there is a fair bit crammed inside - for such a low price, and free shipping, you gotta imagine these guys are selling truck loads and rakeing in the profit.

Anyway, might order another 1 or 2 for spares:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ThomasHeff

Hey guys,

Could any of you either sell me or rent me some of these for this coming weekend? I'm shooting a rally thing with conventional camera's, but would love to have a few of these to place in cool places (i.e. high up inside the car in a corner, securely fixed to the side of the car, etc.).

You can contact me on thomashefferon@gmail.com if you are interested. I'm looking for 2-3 of them, but I need them this Thursday as we're shooting early Friday morning until Sunday night.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Memorybits has(have?) these on offer, may not be the cheapest but probably a lot quicker! Usually £13.25

MemoryBits | September Spectacular: 7 days of Amazon beating deals! #1: Mini Spy Video Camera £9.94

...not sure which version this one is though.

And you could get the memory cards there at the same time ;)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

I just bought one of these and was wondering was anyone else having the same trouble I'm having? Mine will only record for a max of 5 minutes although the battery life seems ok when I go over and turn it on the light isn't blinking to indicate a low battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

JustinOval wrote: »

I really want to PM that buyer and direct him to this thread. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

You could check the memory card to see it it has enough room for the camera to record, as the resulting files are huge.
    I just bought one of these and was wondering was anyone else having the same trouble I'm having? Mine will only record for a max of 5 minutes although the battery life seems ok when I go over and turn it on the light isn't blinking to indicate a low battery.

Now one question of my own: did anybody managed to record continuously more than an hour on a single charge? Mine would record 2 half an hour files and the third one comes empty because the battery runs out of juice during the recording.

I thought I was being clever when I bought an 8Gb memory card for it, but didn't take into account the battery! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

I used a 8g 4g and a 2g.

I doubt you recorded that long as the battery only lasts at max 1 hour

Advertisement