Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Welcome back" what games are you gonna get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Don't forget the uncharted 3 beta is available to ps+ subscribers

How do you get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

rickyjb wrote: »
    How do you get it?

Go into ps+ and choose it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was download infamous but it was sooooooooo slow I cancelled the damn thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Took about 45 minutes for me, not to bad really. Still though it shows that we are a ways off digital distribution. not until everyone has reliable Broadband and speeds will allow them to DL full titles in very short times I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Downloaded all of the games bar Dead Nation on mine and my brothers accounts. I can't complain about the speeds at all really, I thought they were quite good. I didn't download them until all the fuss had died down so maybe that helped too! Only just activated the 30 day PlayStation+ promo on the brothers account today so we have another month of it!

• Advertisement

And just a quick reminder to everyone that July 3rd is the deadline for the 'Welcome Back Program' so make sure to get your free games and activate your PlayStation Plus before then!
    Q: How long do I have to get into the PlayStation Store and receive my content for Welcome Back?
    A: Access to the Welcome Back content will be expiring on July 3. Once this date has passed, the Welcome Back section in the PlayStation Store will be removed.

Q: When does the 30 days of my PlayStation Plus access expire?
    A: Your PlayStation Plus 30-day access will expire 30 days from the date you activated it in PlayStation Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Is the the Japan store back up?

hellboy99 wrote: »

It's still down as far as I know

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

hellboy99 wrote: »

I check my Japanese account every two or three days.
    Tried it a couple of days ago and still down.

As an aside, does anyone know what games the Japanese are getting for their welcome back?

F1ngers wrote: »
    I check my Japanese account every two or three days.
    Tried it a couple of days ago and still down.

As an aside, does anyone know what games the Japanese are getting for their welcome back?

The "Welcome Back" package will let PlayStation 3 owners from Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia download two PS3 games and two PSP games from the following list:

PS3
    --The Last Guy
    --Come on, LocoRoco!! BuuBuu Cocoreccho
    --Trashbox
    --Hustle Kings
    --Wipeout HD

PSP
    --Everybody's Stress Buster
    --LittleBigPlanet Portable
    --LocoRoco - Midnight Carnival
    --Modnation Racer PSP

Japanese users get to download two PS3 games and two PSP titles from this list:

PS3
    --The Last Guy
    --LocoRoco!! BuuBuu Cocoreccho
    --Echochrome
    --Wipeout HD
    --Hustle Kings

PSP
    --Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida or2
    --Minna no Sukkiri
    --Patapon 2
    --LittleBigPlanet Portable
    --LocoRoco Midnight Carnival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Been waiting to (fingers crossed) get the Last Guy for a while now, hope it's back soon, the demo is excellent. Is Hustle Kings any good? I'm torn between that and Locoroco if we do get the Japanese games, and I'll definitely be picking up Locoroco for PSP so it seems like overkill to get both.

Although...

Kinda hard to get sick of that.

Sony Offering Limited Time Bonus Months For PlayStation Plus
    Happy Birthday PlayStation Plus. Sony announced this week that their premium gaming service that offers PlayStation consumers access to early demo, free and discounted games, full game trails and more, has just turned one year old. To celebrate the occasion, Sony has decided to give new subscribers, and those wishing to renew their membership, additional bonus months for a limited time.

On now and lasting until July 11th, PlayStation users who go online and purchase a PlayStation Plus membership will get the following bonus time:

- Buy a 1 year subscription and get 3 bonus months
    - Buy a 3 month subscription and get 1 bonus month

That's 15 months of premium PlayStation Plus membership for the price of 12 months for the annual subscription, or 4 months for the price of 3 months for the shorter-term subscription.

5878832582_ff4f5d7b35.jpg
    Link

PSN Full Restore In Japan Coming July 6
    Sony Computer Entertainment has announced the full return of the PlayStation Network in Japan is coming on July 6, allowing Japanese users to access all parts of the service after the original outage back in April.

It was revealed in May that the Ministry of Economy had told Sony it could not restart its PlayStation Network services in Japan until it had provided further information regarding the measures it had taken to provide better security for its users.

Later in the month, PSN was partially restored in Japan, with Japanese gamers unable to access the PlayStation Store and download titles. A full restore of PSN services was conducted on June 2 in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories, and parts of Asia.

In a press release on the Japanese SCE site, and as translated by Andriasang, PlayStation 3 and PSP owners will now be able to access the online store from this Wednesday, as well as use video functionality through the Qriocity service, and Media Go.

Last week, Sony CEO Howard Stringer stated that the company believes it was the subject of attack because it tried to protect its own intellectual property.

Link

NUTZZ wrote: »
    PSN Full Restore In Japan Coming July 6

Link

:D

Four more games to get.

PSN 'Welcome Back' Program Extended
    Following complaints of early cancellation, Sony has extended the Welcome Back program by 2 days, ending on Tuesday 5th July.

The program served as an apology to PlayStation Network subscribers after the service was hacked and personal information including credit details were compromised.

Welcome Back offered customers bonus content including a 30 day subscription to PlayStation Plus, free full games including Little Big Planet and inFAMOUS alongside plenty of discounts and free content.

While Sony are yet to comment on the reason behind the extension, it seems to be a clear continuation of their good-will gesture to their customers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If only setting up a PSP to play Japanese games wasn't such a pain :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Playstation Home - Welcome Back Package.
    The package will be 100% free to download between June 30 and July 28, 2011.

Sony is valuing the full package at over €85/£65. The EU PS Blog has pictures and detailed descriptions of all the items and content available in the package.

According to the press release, you will receive the following:
    Anime Style Apartment
    Anime themed clothing and furniture sets
    Paris Modern Office furniture set
    nDreams Big Bash party bundle
    nDreams Fantasy Fashion and Funkster costumes
    Aurora OrbRunner Booster Bundle
    A cuddly Stitchkins Bunny Toy from Lockwood
    A Midway Green ticket (50 plays)
    Cardboard Cartel Furniture from Codeglue
    Fortune Cookie active item
    A selection of Tops, Shirts, Skirts, High-top trainers and glasses
    Go Fish – a new, free-to-play fishing game based in the Shopping Centre

With the exception of Go Fish, all of the above will be available in Home Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

So is the playstation plus activation deadline up? I was able to get my second free game today but I can't find where to activate ps+.

Dammit I knew the deadline was today but I forgot about it last night.

EGriff wrote: »
    So is the playstation plus activation deadline up? I was able to get my second free game today but I can't find where to activate ps+.

Dammit I knew the deadline was today but I forgot about it last night.

No the deadline has been extended so you should be able to get it. Have you tried going to 'account information' on the XMB and seeing if it's there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

No the deadline has been extended so you should be able to get it. Have you tried going to 'account information' on the XMB and seeing if it's there?

Yeah I tried in there, the games are still available but no ps+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If only setting up a PSP to play Japanese games wasn't such a pain :(

ye you also can't have two profiles on a psp at a time so you'll need to sign into PSN with each account to activate the games.

That's odd, because it has definitely been extended for both the free games and PlayStation Plus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

im in the same boat, tried it at 4am and got the same and trying it now and welcome back is gone from my store altogether

Sony shouldn't have had to extend this deal. They said all along that it would expire on July 3rd and it should have been tough ****/get over it/that's life for those who couldn't get around to taking this deal within the generous 30 day time bracket. In one way it's nice to see sony pandering to the whiners but it's disappointing in another way, anyway fair play to them for coming up with a good solution to a problem which shouldn't exist in the first place.

PSN is back up in Japan for all you Japanese account users!

PSN is back up in Japan for all you Japanese account users!

Not for me. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep, JPN store is mosr definitely back to working order - downloading welcome back games as we speak :)

Just a heads up that Hustle Kings is fully English, and all the menus / voiceover in Echochrome are too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Sony shouldn't have had to extend this deal. They said all along that it would expire on July 3rd and it should have been tough ****/get over it/that's life for those who couldn't get around to taking this deal within the generous 30 day time bracket. In one way it's nice to see sony pandering to the whiners but it's disappointing in another way, anyway fair play to them for coming up with a good solution to a problem which shouldn't exist in the first place.
    I think they should, purely because the network was down for around 3 weeks along with the fact all our details were stolen. It's the least the could offer, extending their 30 day window is hardly going to ruin them or anything.

• Advertisement

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I think they should, purely because the network was down for around 3 weeks along with the fact all our details were stolen. It's the least the could offer, extending their 30 day window is hardly going to ruin them or anything.

30 days is more than enough time. They do need to move on and get back to doing more important things(like security!!!) rather than babying those who didn't bother to take the deal and had adequate time to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement