Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Welcome back" what games are you gonna get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

On line dead nation anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Varik

How long is Burnout available on PS+ for? The rest of the month or until next week?

2 June 2011 to 6 July 2011 for burnout as with the rest of the June content, the 6th is just the first Wednesday of the month same as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Thanks Basq & A-Trak

Going to download it tonight. Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Varik wrote: »
    2 June 2011 to 6 July 2011 for burnout as with the rest of the June content, the 6th is just the first Wednesday of the month same as always.

So if I decide to activate my PS+ trial on the 5th of July, download Burnout and any of the free June content that day, I'll effectively have access to 2 months of PS+ material (for 30 days)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Thanks Basq & A-Trak

Going to download it tonight. Cant wait.

No problem.

I've never played it before & I have to say it's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Is there any expiry date on when to use your free month sub of ps plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Maloney_o9 wrote: »

Ditto on this query, haven't activated my english account yet, so having started my 30 days free on my Irish one might I in reality get 60 days if I wait to activate my english one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Varik wrote: »
    No they're not, they're only available until June 14th. Says so in the descriptions. Looks like Sony anticipated people's 60-day work-around. Also this content was scheduled for May, so it makes sense that they want to get into the June content quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Just got wipe out HD and i went out to have a look at trailers for the other games and went back in now its gone :( i didnt leave the store just the welcome pack screen, so i only got one game :( happen to anyone else???? or is it just tough luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Sorrry For The 2 Posts but if this happens to anyone like it did me, heres the fix :)

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?
    A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
    Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management Transaction Management Services List
    Choose "PlayStation Network Promotions" from the list of services displayed
    Select either "PS3 Free Games" or "PSP Free Games" and then choose "Select Content"

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I've started downloading all 5. :P (2 Irish Accounts, 1 English) The only one I own is LBP but trade in an all, you know. :pac:

Just waiting for the Jap store to come back online to get echochrome. Really liked the demo for it that came with the Move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I've started downloading all 5. :P (2 Irish Accounts, 1 English) The only one I own is LBP but trade in an all, you know. :pac:

Just waiting for the Jap store to come back online to get echochrome. Really liked the demo for it that came with the Move.

I did the same last night, i have LBP but got the rest, and super stardust on the US store. Japanese store is down though, no free games yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Ditto on this query, haven't activated my english account yet, so having started my 30 days free on my Irish one might I in reality get 60 days if I wait to activate my english one.

See post #204 lads.

"The content offered as part of the Welcome Back Program is available for download today and will be available for 30 days" and "Your PlayStation Plus 30 day access will expire 30 days from the date you activated it in PlayStation Store".

SO BASICALLY you have 30 days from when the welcome back program was announced (3rd june)to get what is included in it (which of course includes the 30 day ps+) before the offer runs out. Get it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I had a similar problem, but I found them when I went to the ps store on the psp, clicked "latest", and opened the welcome back window.

Cheers mate, like you said, they were waiting in latest.....def weren't before though!

Daemos wrote: »
    No they're not, they're only available until June 14th. Says so in the descriptions. Looks like Sony anticipated people's 60-day work-around. Also this content was scheduled for May, so it makes sense that they want to get into the June content quickly.

That's for the April content.

2 june to 15 july, and was only for people who were plus members before 21 April.

aprilp.jpg

2 June 2011 to 6 July, Burnout was June content.

juneke.jpg

So if I decide to activate my PS+ trial on the 5th of July, download Burnout and any of the free June content that day, I'll effectively have access to 2 months of PS+ material (for 30 days)?

I think you only get the content for the month you subscribe and it last for a month still.

It's also only going to be there until July 3 for you to get.

^But in the store itself, when I go to look at Burnout Paradise, it says "(Item available for members to download until:14/06/2011)". :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

have to say was surprised that Ratchet & Clank took longer to download than LBP. would well have expected LBP to be the bigger game file. in saying that though, when i went to play LBP, it had me download more updaty stuff so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Varik, have you got a source for those pictures? Because it definately says June 16th in the descriptions in the Store, so if your source is accurate then Sony obviously made a balls-up somewhere [big surprise :rolleyes:]

Daemos wrote: »
    Varik, have you got a source for those pictures? Because it definately says June 16th in the descriptions in the Store, so if your source is accurate then Sony obviously made a balls-up somewhere [big surprise :rolleyes:]

The officail PlayStation site.

http://ie.playstation.com/playstationplus/

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

only getting round to downloading my free games now!! think ill go with wipeout and infamous. is there an expiry date by which these must be downloaded!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

4th of July if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

IS this working properly for everyone else? I picked infamous to download the other day, and went to add dead nation to my collection earlier but when I went to the Welcome Back package, all the game choices were gone. All there was was the PS+ packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

IS this working properly for everyone else? I picked infamous to download the other day, and went to add dead nation to my collection earlier but when I went to the Welcome Back package, all the game choices were gone. All there was was the PS+ packs.

No probs for me lad and I downloaded the same stuff. Try what was said in post #204

1. Go to Playstation Network on the XMB
    2. Select Account Management
    3. Select Transaction Management
    4. Select Services List
    5. Select PlayStation Network Promotions
    6. Select PlayStation 3 Free Games
    7. Choose Dead Nation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Nevermind, I had Dead Nation selected before the system went all crazy on Friday evening, but it never went to my Download list. checked transaction history and there it was.......cheers for the help!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

got one game ,but it wont allow me to get another one when i click on the welcome back banner in the psn store it doesnt do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

got one game ,but it wont allow me to get another one when i click on the welcome back banner in the psn store it doesnt do anything.
    1. Go to Playstation Network on the XMB
    2. Select Account Management
    3. Select Transaction Management
    4. Select Services List
    5. Select PlayStation Network Promotions
    6. Select PlayStation 3 Free Games
    7. Choose second game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I love LBP..that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

:D woohoo got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

See post #204 lads.

"The content offered as part of the Welcome Back Program is available for download today and will be available for 30 days" and "Your PlayStation Plus 30 day access will expire 30 days from the date you activated it in PlayStation Store".

SO BASICALLY you have 30 days from when the welcome back program was announced (3rd june)to get what is included in it (which of course includes the 30 day ps+) before the offer runs out. Get it now?

But if you wait til the end of june to activate it you still get 30 days from when you activate it right? In that case would you not be better off waiting til the last minute as that way you'd have 30 days of 2 months content, june and july's? (the very end of june and then most of july)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement