Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Welcome back" what games are you gonna get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

How long do I have to download the welcome back games? I want to get Infamous but havent got around to downloading because of the size

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

iMuse wrote: »
    How long do I have to download the welcome back games? I want to get Infamous but havent got around to downloading because of the size
    You can download in the background and pause and resume if you need to. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

eddhorse wrote: »
    Well i got two on my US account and two on my own account. Games available for all :)

Thanks, tried yesterday and it works! You can (game)share with yourself and earn trophies too! yay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

What date does this finnish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I took everything barring R&C
    Remembered that I had a long dormant US account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Went to download Dead Nation, started the download, started pending at 2% :mad:

Nothing wrong with my connection, i'll try resuming when i get home this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

What's the process from the beginning? I can't seem to even connect to find the change password screen...

I haven't changed my password on it since the whole thing began - I wasn't able to connect over the weekend either. So how / where do I change my password!? And then where do I go once I get logged in in order to get the games - the PS Store?

I'm not exactly v familiar with the PSN as you might have guessed...

What's the process from the beginning? I can't seem to even connect to find the change password screen...

I haven't changed my password on it since the whole thing began - I wasn't able to connect over the weekend either. So how / where do I change my password!? And then where do I go once I get logged in in order to get the games - the PS Store?

I'm not exactly v familiar with the PSN as you might have guessed...

You registered an email when you signed up to the playstation network. You should have recieved an email with a link to change your password. After that you can sign into your account, download the update, and use the playstation store :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

You registered an email when you signed up to the playstation network. You should have recieved an email with a link to change your password. After that you can sign into your account, download the update, and use the playstation store :D

Aha! The mail was in my junk folder. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Anyone get their free psp games yet? I downloaded the resistance retribution one but when I went back into the "welcome back" section, it just says "no content". Anyone else get that? Unsure of what other game I want but I am deffo due one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

smokingman wrote: »
    Anyone get their free psp games yet? I downloaded the resistance retribution one but when I went back into the "welcome back" section, it just says "no content". Anyone else get that? Unsure of what other game I want but I am deffo due one.

Have a look back a couple of pages, it must have been asked 20 times already.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

smokingman wrote: »

You need to go to Account Management on your PSP, then Transaction Management, then Services List, and then select PlayStation Network/SCEE Promotions. There should then be an option to choose your remaining game.
    (that was alot of "then"s :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Any recommendations between modnation racers, pursuit force and littlebigplanet on psp?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

LittleBigPlanet is quite good fun but not as good as the PS3 version, level editor isn't great. All new levels though for thr story, so that's a plus. I'd say it's the best of the three by some distance.

Pursuit Force is fun enough, but only for the occasional very quick play, one level at a time max I'd say and no more.

Modnation I've only had a quick go of since downloading, it's ok, not a great feeling of speed but making your own tracks is a bit of fun and there's plenty to do. I'd say if you like kart racers this and LBP are your best bet, if not, LBP and pursuit force.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Magic: The Gathering — Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 (£7.19/€8.99) – 20% discount for Plus subscribers(excludes Welcome Back Plus members) Rating: PEGI 7

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Varik wrote: »
    Magic: The Gathering — Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 (£7.19/€8.99) – 20% discount for Plus subscribers(excludes Welcome Back Plus members) Rating: PEGI 7

Huh?
    Not part of the welcome back games.

Doesn't look worth buying anyway, imo.

This 30 days PS+ welcome back pack has shown me I don't need the PS+.
    I can't see the advantage of it anyway.
    I got BG & E HD for a little less, but would have paid full price anyway.

Has anyone else noticed some of their friends have not been online in 55 days?
    Seems to me they forgot email/password and have had no luck recovering them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭Damien360

F1ngers wrote: »
    This 30 days PS+ welcome back pack has shown me I don't need the PS+.
    I can't see the advantage of it anyway.

Could'nt agree more. Load of balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Infamous is the most PS2 like game ever. No way im purchasing the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

!MAVERICK! wrote: »

I do not understand this...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    Mmm, what's your point? Haven't got playing it yet due a lot of Dead Nation and also to inferior hard drive space which is soon to be changed as some of you know, but it is technically purchased and I'm looking forward to it, once I got a glipse of it around its' release I fancied getting it, and but never got round to it.

Though I don't have a clue what you mean by "the most PS2 like game ever", could you please elaborate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Not going to get any of them, couldn't be bothered.

Already attempted to download Infamous which is around 7gb but it was just taking too long so i cancelled it and I'm running 25mb broadband here. I can only imagine how long it would take someone on a 3mb line :o

Having a blast with Wipeout HD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Having a blast with Wipeout HD :D

Yea me too, really glad I got that. Enjoyed Infamous too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Not going to get any of them, couldn't be bothered.

Already attempted to download Infamous which is around 7gb but it was just taking too long so i cancelled it and I'm running 25mb broadband here. I can only imagine how long it would take someone on a 3mb line :o
    Overnight downloading is your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Nailz wrote: »
    Overnight downloading is your friend.

I've never downloaded a game before but is the shut down feature after a download/update had finished available for games ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I've never downloaded a game before but is the shut down feature after a download/update had finished available for games ? :)

Yep, if you start downloading the games, navigate to the left of the menu bar, select shut down, then a message prompts you to let the system shut down after completing the downloads. Tick the box (just press x), then go down one to initiate. The ps3 stays on until the download finishes and installs.

I downloaded a load of the free games together, did the above procedure, and when I went to turn on my ps3 the next morning, not only had all the games completed downloading successfully, they were all installed and ready to play. :D

I think updates might be necessary for some (if not all) of them, but they are accessed once you launch the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Silly question time. My brother and myself both have a different account on our system. Does that mean in total we can download four games? It certainly seems that way when we both accessed our accounts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Silly question time. My brother and myself both have a different account on our system. Does that mean in total we can download four games? It certainly seems that way when we both accessed our accounts.

Indeed you can. In the exact same situation and have all four games downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Indeed you can. In the exact same situation and have all four games downloaded.

I was wondering if that was abusing the system, but if not, excellent. :DThanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was wondering if that was abusing the system, but if not, excellent. :DThanks.

Sure it's two different people - both equally entitled to their free games!

Multi-region accounts on the other hand. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement