Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Welcome back" what games are you gonna get?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Hi,

I downloaded dead nation the other day, now im trying to download infamous, but it doesnt appear in the playstation store, on the welcome back section all thats available is PS+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Hi,

I downloaded dead nation the other day, now im trying to download infamous, but it doesnt appear in the playstation store, on the welcome back section all thats available is PS+

Do the following:
    1. Go to Playstation Network on the XMB
    2. Select Account Management
    3. Select Transaction Management
    4. Select Services List
    5. Select PlayStation Network Promotions (or SCEE promotions)
    6. Select PlayStation 3 Free Games
    7. Choose game (inFamous)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Very stupid question here, can I download the PSP games to my PS3 since I don't have space on the PSP?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

amacachi wrote: »
    Very stupid question here, can I download the PSP games to my PS3 since I don't have space on the PSP?

Yup, but you'll have to register the download first on your PSP through the Welcome Back menu. Just cancel the download. Should pop up in the PSN Store on PS3 then and viola!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Did anyone get the extra Plus time yet (60/70 days), looked on the expiry date for 1 of my plus games and it says 29/6/2011.

It was meant to be added automatically and it's in the services list as the right date but the game has the wrong expiry date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yup, but you'll have to register the download first on your PSP through the Welcome Back menu. Just cancel the download. Should pop up in the PSN Store on PS3 then and viola!

Actually tried it before I noticed your reply and it worked yeah. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Has this ended? I tried to go to the link on my email from Sony a few times and the page never worked. Finally got it sorted today and when I go in on my PSP I can't see the Welcome back offer anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Andrew 83 wrote: »
    Has this ended? I tried to go to the link on my email from Sony a few times and the page never worked. Finally got it sorted today and when I go in on my PSP I can't see the Welcome back offer anywhere

No, it definitely hasn't ended yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Super Drogs

Does anyone know when the offer ends? I know it says 30 days after the network goes live, but i'm not sure when that was!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Does anyone know when the offer ends? I know it says 30 days after the network goes live, but i'm not sure when that was!

Ends July 3rd, iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Super Drogs

Thanks f1ngers.
    I downloaded Wipeout earlier. Still undecided about the second one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've been playing the PSN version of inFAMOUS recently and it keeps crashing on me. I never had this problem with the disc version. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Not going to get any of them, couldn't be bothered.

Already attempted to download Infamous which is around 7gb but it was just taking too long so i cancelled it and I'm running 25mb broadband here. I can only imagine how long it would take someone on a 3mb line :o
    Must be something wrong with your line, I'm on an 'up to 8 mb' connection (in reality a 5-6 mb connection) and it didn't take that long for me at all. When did you last update your router firmware? That can cause problems.
    I've been playing the PSN version of inFAMOUS recently and it keeps crashing on me. I never had this problem with the disc version. Anyone else experiencing this?
    I'm not having any problems with infamous. I've been playing it for about 10 hours of game time now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Must be something wrong with your line, I'm on an 'up to 8 mb' connection (in reality a 5-6 mb connection) and it didn't take that long for me at all. When did you last update your router firmware? That can cause problems.

I'm not having any problems with infamous. I've been playing it for about 10 hours of game time now.

What do you make of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Sorry, is this thing still going? I've yet to pick up my PSP to check because I can't be bothered updating it yet lol

And is there a free 30day PS Plus account with it aswell?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

What do you make of it?

Loving infamous but have to say that while there are loads of side-missions a few of them are very repetitive and once you've figured out the knack for beating them they are like a walk in the park for picking up experience points.

I'm playing the game on Hard, the most difficult level there is. I went to the menu to select a higher difficulty level and discovered that was it. So even at the most difficult level some missions are far too easy (others are a pain though :))

Overall I'm loving the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

gamercfc wrote: »
    Sorry, is this thing still going? I've yet to pick up my PSP to check because I can't be bothered updating it yet lol

And is there a free 30day PS Plus account with it aswell?!

Read the thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Been downloading infamous since sunday and its very slow 51%,had to pause it last night, haven't downloaded it today at all though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Been downloading infamous since sunday and its very slow 51%,had to pause it last night, haven't downloaded it today at all though

Make a back up as soon as you're done, that long download time could only be worse it you needed to do it again.

What speed do you have on your connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I logged back into PSN last night for the first time and downloaded Plus and LBP. I tried to download a second free game and when I click on the Welcome Back box it's only showing me Plus. There's no options for games anymore. What am I doing wrong?

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Make a back up as soon as you're done, that long download time could only be worse it you needed to do it again.

What speed do you have on your connection.

Well these are the speeds I'm getting atm

1352926813.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I logged back into PSN last night for the first time and downloaded Plus and LBP. I tried to download a second free game and when I click on the Welcome Back box it's only showing me Plus. There's no options for games anymore. What am I doing wrong?

Not checking the thread

To save Wolverine 359 from killing something or someone after posting this so many times...
    Do the following:
    1. Go to Playstation Network on the XMB
    2. Select Account Management
    3. Select Transaction Management
    4. Select Services List
    5. Select PlayStation Network Promotions (or SCEE promotions)
    6. Select PlayStation 3 Free Games
    7. Choose game

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Not checking the thread

To save Wolverine 359 from killing something or someone after posting this so many times...

Fair play lad. I cringe when I think of how many times that exact same advice has been given.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Hi anyone know when the games are being taken down from the store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Hi anyone know when the games are being taken down from the store?

I think it's the 3rd of July? I don't know, it's definitely within the first week of July.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Desire. wrote: »
    I think it's the 3rd of July?

+1...See what I did there...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Desire. wrote: »
    I think it's the 3rd of July? I don't know, it's definitely within the first week of July.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    +1...See what I did there...;)

Thanks guys, must activte my psn plus before they take it down :eek:, was holding out so i could play the uncharted 3 beta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Not checking the thread

Thanks a million but how on earth did anyone ever find that? talk about hidden away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Downloaded Infamous and Wipeout HD/Fury a while ago

• Advertisement

Don't forget the uncharted 3 beta is available to ps+ subscribers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement