Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Welcome back" what games are you gonna get?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ShnakeHunter

I've downloaded LBP and still have 1 download remaining... I know nothing about any of the other games and haven't a clue what to choose... Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

I've downloaded LBP and still have 1 download remaining... I know nothing about any of the other games and haven't a clue what to choose... Any suggestions?

If you like racing go for Wipeout, if you like platforming go for Rachet and Clank, if you like action go for inFamous and if you like multiplay co-op zombies go for Dead Nation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

1. Go to Playstation Network on the XMB
    2. Select Account Management
    3. Select Transaction Management
    4. Select Services List
    5. Select PlayStation Network Promotions
    6. Select PlayStation 3 Free Games
    7. Choose Dead Nation :)

I dont understand where i'm meant to go for this? :confused:

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I dont understand where i'm meant to go for this? :confused:

Ignore found it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Roughly how big are the PSP games? I only have a PSP 1000 with a tiny memory card (32 mb :pac:), so will have to get a memory card for them and I'm wondering if its worth the bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Roughly how big are the PSP games? I only have a PSP 1000 with a tiny memory card (32 mb :pac:), so will have to get a memory card for them and I'm wondering if its worth the bother.

I think they vary from about 350MB for Wipeout Pure to nearly/over 1GB for Killzone: Liberation, on average they're about 650MB. You can confirm your selection of 2 free psp games and cancel the download straight away, and download them again sometime when you have a bigger memory card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

rickyjb wrote: »
    But if you wait til the end of june to activate it you still get 30 days from when you activate it right? In that case would you not be better off waiting til the last minute as that way you'd have 30 days of 2 months content, june and july's? (the very end of june and then most of july)

They have made it so that you cant do this. You only get the ps+ stuff from the month you activated your sub on. Activate in june and you only get stuff from june and not before or after. I have seen this question asked quite a bit and the answer lies in the fact that the 30 day free ps+ pack only allows you to access content that becomes available during the time of the free sub. So as far as I am aware if you activate it in july you will not be allowed access to june's content because its not a proper ps+ account, its only a free taster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

They have made it so that you cant do this. You only get the ps+ stuff from the month you activated your sub on. Activate in june and you only get stuff from june and not before or after. I have seen this question asked quite a bit and the answer lies in the fact that the 30 day free ps+ pack only allows you to access content that becomes available during the time of the free sub. So as far as I am aware if you activate it in july you will not be allowed access to june's content because its not a proper ps+ account, its only a free taster.

Ok so it's not an unconditional free 30 days, it's more like here's this exact content for 30 days. I was considering buying the 90 day subscription for €15 just to get the most out of it (I know it sounds stupid:o), does that mean I should wait until the last day of my free 30 days to buy this?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

Just wondering how long is it taking for the rest of ye to download these.. I went for wipeout for my first game and I saw 360min. Only got mobile broadband so that's probably the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Dead Nation = Lots of fun!!
    Waiting for Infamous to finish downloading!!
    Also got Burnout Paradise with my free PS+ and gotta say I love it. Online seems fun....anyone from here online with it tonight??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

Dead Nation = Lots of fun!!
    Waiting for Infamous to finish downloading!!
    Also got Burnout Paradise with my free PS+ and gotta say I love it. Online seems fun....anyone from here online with it tonight??

How long did dead nation take ya to download.. I'm downloading that next

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I downloaded dead nation and it took ages to download,infamous is next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

tommy89 wrote: »
    How long did dead nation take ya to download.. I'm downloading that next

It took about 2 hours........plus another 30 minutes or so to install updates when you start the game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

My harddrive doesn't have enough space. THink I'll have to replace it before I waste bandwidth downloading.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Jackobyte wrote: »
    My harddrive doesn't have enough space. THink I'll have to replace it before I waste bandwidth downloading.

Download and cancel(it will be in your downloads then) - in case you don't get the free space within 30 days.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Download and cancel(it will be in your downloads then) - in case you don't get the free space within 30 days.
    Did that already. :D Have all 5 in my download history!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Thoroughly enjoying Wipeout HD here, loved it on the PSP and it's so so so good on the big screen. Reminds me of F-Zero X on the N64.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Did that already. :D Have all 5 in my download history!
    Just coped its a Hong Kong and not a Japanese account I have. Echochrome won't be on the list. Instead it'll be The Last Guy, Come on LocoRoco!! BuuBuu Cocoreccho, Trashbox, Hustle King or WipEout ®HD Bundle. I might go for PSP games. Can I select PSP games even though it was set up as an account through the PS3 and was never accessed via PSP? I'd go for LBP(PSP) and Modnation Racer(PSP) then.

EDIT:Actually, The Last Man looks kind of fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Last Guy is pretty cool but alas the difficulty curve gets sort of vertical quickly. Great soundtrack though.

Also getting another account working on PSP is a pain in le arse. You're only allowed have one active at a time, so it's a bit of effort everytime you want to switch. And alas all my PSone classic shmups are therefore an annoyance to try and get onto the portable!

FFS, downloaded LBP & Dead Nation and then have to wait another age to download the latest version of the software before playing. Annoying & Frustrating :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Does anyone else have trouble getting the second game? I downloaded Wipeout, but now the option to download the second game isn't in the store anymore.

I was looking forward to giving infamous a go and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Scráib wrote: »
    Does anyone else have trouble getting the second game? I downloaded Wipeout, but now the option to download the second game isn't in the store anymore.

I was looking forward to giving infamous a go and all!

1. Go to Playstation Network on the XMB
    2. Select Account Management
    3. Select Transaction Management
    4. Select Services List
    5. Select PlayStation Network Promotions (or SCEE promotions)
    6. Select PlayStation 3 Free Games
    7. Choose game

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ink

Scráib wrote: »

The option disappears from the store after activating "Welcome back" package.
    The other download is available from the services list in XMB. As far as i recall it is in [PlayStation Network]->[Account Management]->[Transaction Management]->[Services List]. In there should be welcom pack item that has option to download another game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Crosáidí wrote: »
    3rd June - 3rd July

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Really enjoying wipeout, it looks great and is still as addictive as ever. Haven't played it since wip3out on the ps1 though, it's a bit harder than I remember:)

I'm confused as to where the "fury" expansion pack comes in, does it just give extra tracks and ships, which ones wouldn't you have without it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

If I wait until the 20th of June to download the Playstation Plus trial, will I have it for thirty days form then, or will it finish thirty days after it became available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

Am I right in saying that if I have 2 profiles that I can gameshare the 2 games from one profile on the other profile and vice versa? Gonna try this later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

EDIT Nevermind, got it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Am I right in saying that if I have 2 profiles that I can gameshare the 2 games from one profile on the other profile and vice versa? Gonna try this later.

Well i got two on my US account and two on my own account. Games available for all :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I picked up Dead Nation and InFamous. I already have LBP

Have only played Dead Nation so far and I like it. Can't seem to get an online multiplayer game to work tho. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement